Boarding Ladder option

fagulha

Hi all,

My wish is to have added to ground crew comms:

- "Chief Stow/unstow boarding ladder".

- Ground crew "Copy".

who´s with me?

F.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

+1, I don't see any reason why not.

My Liveries

https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/filter/user-is-Strider32/apply/

Intel Core i7-6700K @4.0 GHz NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 Super 8GB 8GB DDR4 x2 Kingston 256GB SSD (OS Installed) Crucial BX500 1TB SSD (DCS World Installed) Toshiba 1TB HDD Windows 10 64bit LG 27" 75Hz Monitor TM Warthog w/VIRPIL WarBRD Base Saitek Pro Flight Pedals Track IR

• 2 weeks later...

+1

i9-9900K, G.Skill 3200 32GB RAM, AORUS Z390 Pro Wifi, Gigabyte Windforce RTX 2080 Ti, Samsung 960 Pro NVMe 512G + 860 Pro 1T, TM Warthog HOTAS, VKB T-Rudder, Samsung O+

F/A-18C, F-16C, A-10C, UH-1, AV-8B, F-14, JF-17, FC3, SA342 Gazelle, L-39, KA-50, CEII, Supercarrier Preordered. (Almost abandoned: CA - VR support please?)

PG, NTTR

Would be nice to have but most people will use it unrealisticly anyway.

It is stowed once the Pilot is in and the stuff from the ground crew is complete. Usually it is the state as soon as we join the Hornet (in DCS). Then, operating it with rotating engines is forbiddden, so I doubt that most people would wait for the engines to spool completely down with the shutdown. (Then you'd also need to do the ESD before going anywhere near the cockpit, but that is not implemented of course)

• 1 month later...
Actually, if you have a vehicle (tested with fuel truck) parked very near the F-18 - cold&dark - on the left side the stair is shown. As soon as the vehicle start moving the stair will be stowed.

How come? You don´t need a truck, the ladder is always unstowed in cold and dark. I wish we could unstow the ladder after the ladder is stowed. That´s it.

- "Don't be John Wayne in the Break if you´re going to be Jerry Lewis on the Ball".

About carrier ops: "The younger pilots are still quite capable of holding their heads forward against the forces. The older ones have been doing this too long and know better; sore necks make for poor sleep.'

PC: I7 4790K 4.6ghz | 32GB RAM | Zotac GTX 1080Ti 11Gb DDR5x | Water cooler NZXT AIO Kraken x53 | 3.5TB (x4 SSD´s) | Valve Index| Andre´s JeatSeat.

+1

Modules I own: F-14A/B, Mi-24P, AV-8B N/A, AJS 37, F-5E-3, MiG-21bis, F-16CM, F/A-18C, Supercarrier, Mi-8MTV2, UH-1H, Mirage 2000C, FC3, MiG-15bis, Ka-50, A-10C (+ A-10C II), P-47D, P-51D, C-101, Yak-52, WWII Assets, CA, NS430, Hawk.

Terrains I own: South Atlantic, Syria, The Channel, SoH/PG, Marianas.

System:

GIGABYTE B650 AORUS ELITE AX, AMD Ryzen 5 7600, Corsair Vengeance DDR5-5200 32 GB, Western Digital Black SN850X 1 TB (DCS dedicated) & 2 TB NVMe SSDs, Corsair RM850X 850 W, NZXT H7 Flow, MSI G274CV.

Peripherals: VKB Gunfighter Mk.II w. MCG Pro, MFG Crosswind V3 Graphite, Logitech Extreme 3D Pro.