Mizzy artwork WIP release.

Mizzy

When installing the shipfiles to temptextures I am not asked to overwrite any file! Will it still work? Same with explodefiles. There is no explodefiles in the temptexture folder. Could someone do all of Mizzy mods Modman compatible? Would be much easier installing/uninstalling if something wrong happens...

My moviemaking channel at YouTube:

http://www.youtube.com/user/RobertDamli

When installing the shipfiles to temptextures I am not asked to overwrite any file! Will it still work? Same with explodefiles. There is no explodefiles in the temptexture folder.

Yes. They'll work. The TempTextures folder is for...well...er...temporary textures. The standard textures for the sim are elsewhere. But the sim checks the TempTextures folder first for the files it needs. Only then does it move on to look for the files it wants in other places. By placing Mizzy's work in TempTextures, the sim uses her textures rather than the default textures.

Just for fun, take a look about 1/2 way down the graphics.cfg file (open it with NotePad) in the Config folder. See the line that starts:

• highFolder = ".\\Bazar\\TempTextures\\";

There are more lines following it. Starting with TempTextures, the sim looks for the textures it needs in the order you see those files listed.

Rich

• Like 1

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Easy as it is to check new tga and bitmaps by just inserting them in to the temp textures file if you like them and are going to use them.It is best to insert them in to a CDDS file for better FPS:thumbup:

https://www.shapeways.com/shops/a-10c-warthog-supplies

https://forum.dcs.world/topic/133818-deadmans-cockpit-base-plans/#comment-133824

CNCs and Laser engravers are great but they can't do squat with out a precise set of plans.

Call me foolish but, what are we discussing here? Is this some ongoing project I was unaware of? I don't feel like downloading a "mystery mod" so can someone explain? Thanks.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

If you fly a perfect Defensive BFM and the bandit does a perfect Offensive...

Someone you know is going to be recieving Insurance money very soon.

It's just alot of his work that he's just looking for an opinion. Overall he's done great work so I'd check it out, but I uninstalled Lock On.

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

It's just alot of his work that he's just looking for an opinion. Overall he's done great work so I'd check it out, but I uninstalled Lock On.
Umm, Mizzy is actually a girl :music_whistling: Can't wait to check out this stuff. Hope it has those cool fire effects she posted screenies of a while ago.....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

Yes a 'girl' indeed, a 42 year old girl LOL.

I have only uploaded artwork that does not interfere with other sim-mod/loman work as some of my work unfortunately overwrites some very good mods.

Im back at work now so I don't have the time I had last year when I was made redundant from my job, however I will make use of my spare time with LOFC and BS.

Here are some retextures with new weather layers for the Mig29a. They are not finished as the effect is a little over the top but WIP ;)

Mizzy

Wow Mizzy,

Excellent work! In word of George Constanza: "I'm speachless! I'm without speech!"

Any chance for you to redo Su-25 skins?

Thanks for your inspirational work.

Cheers!

I'm selling MiG-21 activation key.

Also selling Suncom F-15E Talon HOTAS with MIDI connectors, several sets.

Contact via PM.

Finally got around to trying out the fire effect.....

A couple of points -

I now seem to get a orangey brown smoke whenever I hit a ground target. Looks kinda nice, is this part of the Mod?

When ships are burning the flames look just awesome!! I also get the same effect momentarily when I hit a vehicle, then it explodes and I get the standard (rubbish) flames. Is there a way these flames could be replaced also?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

Finally got around to trying out the fire effect.....

A couple of points -

I now seem to get a orangey brown smoke whenever I hit a ground target. Looks kinda nice, is this part of the Mod?

When ships are burning the flames look just awesome!! I also get the same effect momentarily when I hit a vehicle, then it explodes and I get the standard (rubbish) flames. Is there a way these flames could be replaced also?

Yes Brit, the orange brown smoke is a side effect I think. The trouble was that the explosion bmp files were cross referenced with other effects thus I found that replacing all the bmps caused oddities elswhere in the programme.

There is no way as yet to extend the effects of ground vehicles and aircraft explosion effects as they appear with the ships. I have asked ED to give me some direction to this but I would have thought that issue was not a major thing to do if any extra coding was necessary.

As yet I have not been given any guidance on this, but ED are so busy and this is a mod thing, I can understand why they have no time to devote to this graphic effect. I will keep on at them though, in a unobtrusive way of course!

Mizzy

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

That's a good idea, I only installed the skins of this mod, I haven't touched the snow, rain, and cockpit glass. Could anyone put this together as a modman pack, since some files needs to be installed using the cdds installer, but the package didn't mention which files.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Very NICE! I just installed this and its awesome. Just 1 question, actually 2 question, what is the difference between the new rain and snow in your package vs the stock ones? I may be getting old, but can't seem to tell the difference?

Good question Python, rain is lighter and less stringy at low altitude and about the same at high. Snow flakes are smaller or should be :).

Not a great difference apart from the low altitude rain. Then again my eyes are getting old too you know :)

Try the ship explosion and fire effects, IMO the best part in the WIP package.

Mizzy