Current Mig-29 in game flight model

Guest Guest

That's why 1.5.8 remains available, for people with older systems, they can use the 5-10 year old engine. 2.5 is a different, much newer game which happens to provide backwards compatibility with already purchased modules.

The just released Doom requires a higher end/newer PC than the Doom 3 relaunch, which required more than Quake, which required more than Dos Doom. It's the way of things, always has been, always will be. I get not wanting to spend money :p But it's not anybody's fault. If they didn't upgrade game engines and so forth people would stop buying their product, too.

Nobody is putting a gun to anybody's head and forcing them to upgrade, the old game is still available, all the way back to LOMAC. BUT if somebody wants NEW stuff for the NEW game, they gotta keep up with the requirements.

The floppy died, the vhs died, the cd died, the dvd is rapidly passing away, etc. No, what people want doesn't matter if what they want is for technology to stay static, because it's not going to.

And yeah, peope will keep buying their product, because everybody is upgrading to meet the requirements, including you. DCS requires a modern low-to-mid range computer or a high end computer from 4-5 years ago. You have a mid range pc from 4-5 years ago, which puts you having to do a partial upgrade of weaker components. People much further down get bumped out altogether or have to stay with the previous game engine.

A current gen $600-700 PC can handle DCS as a minimum go. That's not 'extreme' or unreasonable. Even if it was, see Ferrarri and Lamborghini as examples of successful high end products. Just because something is out of one man's price range means nothing. So, no. 'What people want' doesn't matter ;)

Де вороги, знайдуться козаки їх перемогти.

5800x3d * 3090 * 64gb * Reverb G2

I couldn't agree more, except with the proposition in bold.

Because, at the end of the day, we are talking about money here.

I really do appreciate new and better graphics, features, realism, etc.

But if game developers make software in a way that gamers are forced to spend obscene amounts of money in hardware just to keep going, the tendency is to people stop buying their games - because everybody has their limit to spend money.

By the way, would Heatblur F-14 work with DCS World 1.5.x.x version, or one is obligated to have version 2.5 ?

The 770 is an old card now and game engines evolve for the better as demanded. You can buy 2nd hand 970`s for less than a 100 euro on ebay which would solve your problem. As for your CPU, I have the same i7 4790k which is one of the best gaming CPU`s around today. My one is paired with a 1070, but I`m using a rift and would be wasting my time with anything less than that for VR purposes.

It's a CPU four generations or so removed. Not yet wholey obsolescent, but 'price tag' is utterly irrelevant.

Four Intel 'generations' you mean? Until AMD came out with Ryzen and forced them to finally add two more cores to their mainstream line, Intel has been pretty much selling the same architecture over and over (e.g. starting with Sandy Bridge) with minor refinements which would net like 5% improvement over the previous one.

So, there's nothing wrong with the i7 4790K and won't be for quite some time until multiple cores become used much more effectively as it doesn't seem likely some revolutionary new architecture will appear that would improve the single core performance significantly.

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

Man... I was mentally making time estimates to the Tomcat release, and now I realise I must first spend more money in hardware.

You're in the mid-range with your PC so stop whining. I have really low-end and it doesn't stop me from having loads of fun with 2.5 from day one! But I fly instead of counting fps.

And I wait for 14B too.

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

You're in the mid-range with your PC so stop whining. I have really low-end and it doesn't stop me from having loads of fun with 2.5 from day one! But I fly instead of counting fps.

And I wait for 14B too.

If I'm "whining", it's because I realised I need to spend some more money to be able to keep going with the sim, and eventually fly the F-14.

Let's see if i can explain myself :

- I already know I need a new GPU and an SSD also;

- your PC allows you to effectivelly fly with 2.5 version;

- mine does not ;

After 2 minutes or so of flight in Caucasus, with only my aircraft in the air (no other aircraft or ground units), it sudenly freezes.

I have all my graphic settings on LOW or OFF, and my FPS oscillate around 60.

CTRL + ALT + DEL ;

ALT + Enter ;

Windows key ;

Esc key, etc

All that have no effect whatsoever when the game freezes.

After that the PC goes to BSOD.

Yesterday managed to fly for brief moments without allowing it to freeze, got out of the sim and checked HW Monitor for GPU and HDD temperatures and % of utilization:

- GPU -

Max. temp - 65 ºC

GPU utilization - 100 %

Frame Buffer - 31 %

Video engine - 0 %

Bus Interface - 11 % (not sure)

- HDD -

Max. temp - 43 ºC ; never had this high temperature before, even on other sims.

Which makes me believe that even the HDD was being pushed to his limits...

- CPU -

Curiously, the CPU i7 4790 K, was being less used than in other "lighter" sims, go figure :

DCS World 2.5 ; Max. temp - 68 ºC

Strike Fighters 2 ; Max. temp - 81 ºC

Edited by Top Jockey

Hangar
FC3 | F-14A/B | F-16C | F/A-18C | MiG-21bis | Mirage 2000C ... ... JA 37 | Kfir | MiG-23 | Mirage IIIE
Mi-8 MTV2

system
i7-4790 K , 16 GB DDR3 , GTX 1660 Ti 6GB , Samsung 860 QVO 1TB

If I'm "whining", it's because I realised I need to spend some more money to be able to keep going with the sim, and eventually fly the F-14.

Let's see if i can explain myself :

- I already know I need a new GPU and an SSD also;

- your PC allows you to effectivelly fly with 2.5 version;

- mine does not ;

After 2 minutes or so of flight in Caucasus, with only my aircraft in the air (no other aircraft or ground units), it sudenly freezes.

I have all my graphic settings on LOW or OFF, and my FPS oscillate around 60.

Something is wrong with your system but it doesn't mean DCS 2.5 is totally unplayable. You should probably move this discusion somewhere here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/forumdisplay.php?f=444

Make detailed thread about what you do, add a picture of the BSOD, attach dcs.log... currently I have no idea what causes it for you.

The CPU is the best part of your rig, no wonder it stays cold.

And don't be that guy. Make an effort and find the problem before buying all new components. Maybe you just need to poke around the settings and drivers. Look, I'm not saying that 2.5 is bug free, though, or do I play without stutters... far from it :) Just that a lot of people are flying and having great time with it, still buying more modules. You can't really compare this sim niche with any game.

Edited by draconus

🖥️ Win10  i7-10700KF  32GB  RTX3060   🥽 Rift S   🕹️ T16000M  TWCS  TFRP   ✈️ FC3  F-14A/B  F-15E   ⚙️ CA   🚢 SC   🌐 NTTR  PG  Syria

I have really low-end and it doesn't stop me from having loads of fun with 2.5 from day one! But I fly instead of counting fps.

If you had "really low-end" you wouldn't even be able to load 2.5, or your game crashes every 10 minutes in 1.5 whenever you look at a city, just saying. Now wheres that 1.2 revert guide...:cry:

If you had "really low-end" you wouldn't even be able to load 2.5, or your game crashes every 10 minutes in 1.5 whenever you look at a city, just saying. Now wheres that 1.2 revert guide...:cry:

C2D 8400, 8GB, GTX660... you decide. Yeah, I hit minimum requirements only with RAM. Crashes are very rare but I can live with that since I run OB.

Curiously, the CPU i7 4790 K, was being less used than in other "lighter" sims, go figure : DCS World 2.5 ; Max. temp - 68 ºC

Strike Fighters 2 ; Max. temp - 81 ºC

That's because the GPU is holding you down in the graphically much more intensive DCSW (100% load).

Strike Fighters 2 engine is completely obsolete and the graphics card can achieve much higher FPS there which then causes your CPU to get pushed harder as you haven't limited the FPS.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!