Why can't I host a server?

SuperKungFu

This has been bugging me for quite a while ever since 1.5 came out. Every time I try to host a game, my friends can't see me. At first I thought it was because he was on steam version and I'm on the regular version, but no after he reinstalled to the web version he still can't see me. I created new maps in 1.5 but it still can't connect.

I did the port forwarding and made sure the 10308 port is opened, I have my firewall allow access (my friends don't need to do this when he host)

Any ideas on what's going on? Is there a difference if I updated my 1.2 straight to 1.5 and not download the 1.5 standalone beta

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Probable cause: If on DSL, you must forward or (better solution security wise) trigger the 10308 port on your router. Router blocks your traffic by default. I've had that problem.

Don't ask, here's the answer: 95% of my posts are edited because I have OCD.

This has been bugging me for quite a while ever since 1.5 came out. Every time I try to host a game, my friends can't see me. At first I thought it was because he was on steam version and I'm on the regular version, but no after he reinstalled to the web version he still can't see me. I created new maps in 1.5 but it still can't connect.

I did the port forwarding and made sure the 10308 port is opened, I have my firewall allow access (my friends don't need to do this when he host)

Any ideas on what's going on? Is there a difference if I updated my 1.2 straight to 1.5 and not download the 1.5 standalone beta

I would say you have your Port Forwarding setup incorrectly.. where you able to host in 1.2??

Which Modem-Routers do you have on your network.. ie idf you are on DSL and use their Modem and you bought a 2nd Router you are 9/10 double natted and it requires some attention.. either that or you have not forwared the port to the correct IP Static or Reserved. or it was not static/reserved and it changed..

If you tell me what network devices you have like your modems and routers and if you put a static IP or reserved one would be helpful..

Also to be sure the port is open try using Simple Port Tester and check port 10308 if it states it is closed that is your Problem..

ASRock Z590 Phantom Gaming 4/AC / Intel i7 10700K @ 5.1Ghz / Noctua DHS-14 Heatsinkw/Fan /  Samsung 970plus m.2 1TB  /  eVGA FTW3 2080Ti /  RipJaws - 64GB RAM @3200  /  SoundBlaster Z  / Reverb G2 VR /  ThrustMaster HOTAS Cougar & MFD's / Buttkicker Gamer 2

There's still something fishy with DCS going on if you ask me. Was able to host for a while, did so for a day every time a new update was released and the server was visible usually. Now, again, i'm unable to get it visible in the serverlist. Ports are open, firewall isn't blocking it, it's public.. not visible.

-

If man were meant to fly he'd be filled with helium.

After last update I am also unable to make a visible server as well as my friend with whom I am playing. We also are not able to connect via direct connection anymore. It´s really frustrating though.

GIGABYTE Z390 GAMING X | i5 9600k @4.7 GHz | Noctua NH-U14S | MSI GeForce GTX 1070 Ti @OCed | Patriot 32GB DDR4 2666MHz | 1TB SSD + 1TB HDD | Win10 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog + WarBRD | Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals | 1440p AOC Q2790PQU

• ED Team
After last update I am also unable to make a visible server as well as my friend with whom I am playing. We also are not able to connect via direct connection anymore. It´s really frustrating though.

Check your firewall, sometimes after an update I have to allow dcs again

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Run IPCONFIG from the command prompt. Make sure that the IPv4 address matches what you have set on your router.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]