AV-8B Harrier Thread

Angelthunder

Right, i cant find the article but can anyone verify that the av8B CAN use the AIM9X (internally recognised as a P buf able to track better / attack soft and hot ground targets but forgoing the high off boresight attack capability)

Edited by Exile5121

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, i cant find the article but can anyone verify that the av8B CAN use the AIM9X (internally recognised as a P buf able to track better / attack soft and hot ground targets but forgoing the high off boresight attack capability)

AFAIK, no the AV8B in USMC service does not carry the AIM-9X. Why do you think they "internally recognize it as P"? The AIM-9P is an export version rarely use by US forces.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

God, I can't wait... Looks great!

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

I hope for a eaaaaarly access ;)

2 weeks...:D

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

I think that are some kind of explosive Charge that will crack the​ Canopy before the Seat can eject.

Gesendet von meinem EVA-L09 mit Tapatalk

F/A-18C, AV-8B, Huey, Ka-50, Mig-21, A10C, FC3, BF-109, M2000C, AJS-37, P-51

Ryzen 5 2600 ~4Ghz, 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz, EVGA GTX 1070

Yeah it's DetCord. It shatters the canopy so you can eject. It's faster and lighter than having the whole canopy blow away, and since the harrier can theoretically be hovering at zero speed ten feet off the ground, speed of ejection is key.

Has anything been dropped about a campaign for this baby?

This is the latest info:

We're still discussing it, but from the quality / work involvement point of view, the training would most probably come free with the module (but it would be done in a form of campaign, though a bit limited - so with a story line and characters). The full combat campaign would be a DLC most probably.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3079354&postcount=56

can this bird carry cbu's?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

What are the wires on the top of the canopy for?

As others have explained, I hadn't ever really thought about it until I watched a really interesting documentary on TV about things designed to fail ( metal road barriers, fuses, etc )

In amongst the other items they showed a really interesting bit about the ejection process and by engineering the "failure" of the glass prevented injuries/death, I thought at the time "hmmm, yeah that makes sense!" LOL.

• Like 1

Techlabs Chameleon Watercooled Gaming PC - Intel Core i7 6700K @ 4.7GHz : Samsung 950 Pro 256GB SSD, Samsung 500 gig SSD, Seagate 1TB 7200RPM Drive : MSI GeForce GTX 1080 "Founders Edition" 8192MB : 800W '80 Plus Gold' Modular Power Supply : 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 PC4-25600C16 3200MHz : Occulus Rift S : TM Warthog : MFG Crosswind V2 : Win 10 64. PointCTRL.

Need to change underwear,... Again!

These Videos are no good for my heart. Pulse rate goes beyond what's healthy and the urge to fly it is overwhelming. :D

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)