Sky´s F/A-18C Simpit

SkyJunky

Thx guys...

My current project and the first test.

Sky

That looks cool. I've got a bunch of synchros I've been wanting to drive with DC supply and modern electronics. Almost finished the schematics when I came across this one gauge whose rotor winding has one end internally connected to a phase line of the stator winding. Not a big deal with old fashing transformers but drives me nuts with inverter bridges.:doh: I've put it aside till I can work out a better feedback circuit.

• 2 weeks later...

I am currently revising my already completed and fully functional UFC. It is planned to downsize the prototype and make most of the cables disappear. To implement this, I have to modify the OLED displays to reduce the size. I also make printed circuit boards where 80% of the cables disappear. There is still a long way to go but the first big step has been taken.

The first two picture shows the "old" prototyp.

Cheers

IMG_1901.thumb.jpg.00b795eedc0c4576c817fbff9ddc5449.jpg

IMG_2638.thumb.jpg.600baa8785d69f178be3e1267cd3b505.jpg

PCB_1.thumb.jpg.dcb076f6605ca725f104810bc1b98e2c.jpg

PCB_2.thumb.jpg.ec99dca2f8cc53a4ae1d38b25ffbb93f.jpg

UFC_1.thumb.jpg.3336571855a9b09306e8f84376f736b8.jpg

UFC_2.thumb.jpg.e3968063aa4f11450718a2688957788c.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you ...

I am using 2.23 inch displays with 128 x 32 pixels for my UFC. But be careful, the displays are too big for the UFC.

I modified all displays to fit the UFC. You have to be careful not to destroy the displays.

A video or two of them are planned to be made, but the UFC is very complex and it will be a while before I can make the video.

For me it is currently more important to push the project forward.

Cheers

Thank you ...

I am using 2.23 inch displays with 128 x 32 pixels for my UFC. But be careful, the displays are too big for the UFC.

I modified all displays to fit the UFC. You have to be careful not to destroy the displays.

A video or two of them are planned to be made, but the UFC is very complex and it will be a while before I can make the video.

For me it is currently more important to push the project forward.

Cheers

Hei, thank's for the infos.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey,

I use:

6 Nanos,

2 Mega2560

8 Max RS485.

6 2.23 inch OLED displays,

2 VBK200 16 segment displays,

near 100 resistors 120 Ohms and 10kOhms,

12 LED,

19 tactile switches with LED,

3 rotary resistors,

1 on-off-on switch

This is now, but there are still different switches coming.

Sky

Edited by SkyJunky

very tidy UFC, thanks

Hornet, Super Carrier, Warthog & (II), Mustang, Spitfire, Albatross, Sabre, Combined Arms, FC3, Nevada, Gulf, Normandy, Syria AH-6J

i9 10900K @ 5.0GHz, Gigabyte Z490 Vision G, Cooler Master ML120L, Gigabyte RTX3080 OC Gaming 10Gb, 64GB RAM, Reverb G2 @ 2480x2428, TM Warthog, Saitek pedals & throttle, DIY collective, TrackIR4, Cougar MFDs, vx3276-2k

Combat Wombat's Airfield & Enroute Maps and Planning Tools

cw1.png

Next test of the UFC with the segment displays for the channel and all buttons.

After a few problems in my RS485/487 network, all works now in the network.

BIG BIG Thanks goes to Mr. Hansolo for the help with the problems in my RS485/487 network. Thank you very much for your time and help.

Also goes my thanks to my friend and squadron mate Flo. He’s the guy behind the solutions to my code problems. Thank you Flo for your time and help.

In the rest of my time, I did the next step for the UFC. The housing, and the missing switches in the UFC will comes in the next step. I hope the short video with this will be added in a short time.

Thanks for watching..!

• 4 weeks later...