Low FPS since recent updates

cro_mig_21

• 1 month later...

Any change in the situtation?

I bought Mig-21 in July and refunded because of fps issues i had with it. Should i consider buying again? I am seeing many complaints about this problem but still not sure if it is fixed. I play mostly on low settings and not having fps issues with other modules i have.

Can it be the high poly count or textures of Mig-21 in my case?

Specs: GTX 670 4GB, i3770K @3500, 24GB RAM, game on ssd, Win10 Pro

Modules: FC3, L-39, Sabre, Mig-15, Ka-50, Mi-8

Edited by susuwatari

• 2 months later...

I have to add my voice to the chorus.

When flying the Mig21 in Nevada or 1.5 I get about half the frame rate and the jittering and stuttering is horrible. Expecially looking out the side window.

Fly any other module and it's fine.

Please Leatherneck, I know you are interested in your shiny new projects but please can we have a update with these issues or are you still working on them?

Thanks

I have to add my voice to the chorus.

When flying the Mig21 in Nevada or 1.5 I get about half the frame rate and the jittering and stuttering is horrible.

Fly any other module and it's fine.

Please Leather neck, I know you are interested in your shiny new projects but please can we have a update with these issues?

Thanks

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Unfortunately there is no noticable performance with latest ob update, performace is still the worst . That issue is unique for mig since it has been released

"Improved engine device code to reduce FPS stutters"

I cannot notice because generally flying with low fps and stutters.

I have no problem on my end. I'm not sure the devs will be able to do much without more details on your system, the DCS version, the type of mission and when the framerate drops (if there is something particular that makes it worst - for example: if I'm flying Normandy with any module, it stutters when flying low).

A track would allow a comparison.

System specs: Win7 x64 | CPU: i7-4770K | RAM: 16 GB | GPU: GTX 980 Ti 6 GB | Thrustmaster HOTAS | MFG rudder pedals | SATA3 SSD | TrackIR

I have similar system with you, gtx 980ti, i7 3770k and 16 gb ram.

no troubles with other modules which are even have more complicated systems...etc.

despite I changed my cockpit setting to medium, I get low fps.

on groud or on air it doesnt matter,mig-21 has the worst performance for me, it costs almost -10 or more fps.

I dont want to lower my all graphic settings for mig-21 only because all others works smooth.

I know I am not the only one here, I know alot of user keep their mig-21 in hangar until it will be fixed

Thank you for your advices,

I always delete saved game files after every updates, it has no affect on migs performance issue.

when I look fps while flying, I see 50fps with mig,

but with all other aircrafts I see 70-80 an upper numbers.

it is weird because only mig needs seperate option settings to gain fps.

I remember some patches ago there was much more smooth gameplay but now with following patches it is getting worse for me.

• 2 weeks later...
Same for me, very stuttery in VR.. all the other modules are smooth.

+1!

Proud owner of:

PointCTRL VR : Finger Trackers for VR -- Real Simulator : FSSB R3L Force Sensing Stick. -- Deltasim : Force Sensor WH Slew Upgrade -- Mach3Ti Ring : Real Flown Mach 3 SR-71 Titanium, made into an amazing ring.

My Fathers Aviation Memoirs: 50 Years of Flying Fun - From Hunter to Spitfire and back again.

• 4 weeks later...

Since the 2.5.4 I also have fps drop with the Mig 21... And not only in cockpit view, external views have the same problem. I didn't have that problem before the 2.5.4 update.

I run DCS capped at 60fps (because of Track IR which is only smooth at 60 or 120 Hz but it's an other problem in another topic) and when flying the mig I have intermittent fps drops in all conditions (ground, in flight, Caucasus, PC etc...). My fps are doing this every 3seconds: 60fps then 57 then 60 then 53 then 60for 3sec then 53 etc....

When using all other modules I am steady capped at 60fps in all conditions.

My rig: I78700K. Gtx 1080Ti. 32GB Ram. 144Hz Gsync monitor

I have also experienced the same in the F/A-18 in all views. Runs fine for about a minute then instant drop in FPS including Hangs and Stuttering.

Matt "Ship" Shipley

Virtual Carrier Air Wing 1 (VCVW-1)

VF-211 Checkmates

• 3 weeks later...
+1!

Can you PM me the cockpit mod that you are using?

Yeah please post that. IIRC I'm using whatever stock english pit option and the frames are still bad.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

• 2 weeks later...

Was just on a cold war server in the Mig-21 wondering why my frames were all over the place.

Got in the F-5e and had no issues whatsoever.

Seems somethings off with the Mig-21.

*Edit* seems you guys are already aware. <3 https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3736543&postcount=3

Edited by Headwarp
Spoiler

Win 11 Pro, z790 i9 13900k, RTX 4090 , 64GB DDR 6400GB, OS and DCS are on separate pci-e 4.0 drives 

Sim hardware - VKB MCG Ultimate with 200mm extension, Virpil T-50CM3 Dual throttles.   Blackhog B-explorer (A), TM Cougar MFD's (two), MFG Crosswinds with dampener.   Obutto R3volution gaming pit.