P-51D speed check, version 2.1

Solty

I'm going to use some fake words to describe this thread. I have never seen a deader horse beaten harder or more deader.

Guys this is thread # one million, six hundred trillion about the under powered Mustang. We all get it. we got it at thread number one thousand three. The rest were all just carbon copy dribble.

It is quite obvious that this issue isn't going to change. My god.............A dead horse is a dead horse.

Nobody asks for anyone's opinion. This is a bug report. I am waiting for ED to respond. Your input is usless.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]In 21st century there is only war and ponies.

My experience: Jane's attack squadron, IL2 for couple of years, War Thunder and DCS.

My channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyAXX9rAX_Sqdc0IKJuv6dA

Yeah I'm waiting too... We all know that at the limit these small bits really count.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Tell me how a plane with lower p/w ratio and CLmax can sustain a turn better. I'm waiting.
Wait no longer. Put simply: At high speeds (as a Mustang should be flown) a P-51 would out turn a Dora. For lower speeds, you can put flaps down to improve the turn, but yes there is a point where the 190 would out turn the 51. However, you will rarely find a good P-51 pilot pit himself in such a position.

Sorry to crush your ego.

At this point, the flame in this thread is growing rather out of control. I take my leave here. G'day.

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

Im interested in eveyones opinion.

Nobody is useless here.

...unless he provides completely off-topic replies. It's a clear-cut case here - the topic is about speed and speed only. We've got Yo-Yo's reference chart showing how the speed graph for the DCS Mustang looked like in 1.2.xx and IF the plane doesn't match this performance for whatever reason in 1.5.xx or 2.1.xx (we don't know if Yo-Yo's chart is for radiator closed or auto), we'd love to hear some feedback from devs anyway.

Discussions about 72" MAP clearance don't belong here - anyone's free to bump one of the old, "dead horse" threads on the subject (if Sith didn't close all of them that is); and surely neither do any discussions about maneouvrablity.

• Like 1

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Staying on topic is important.

Beeing kind with each others also.

You can say the same with a simple " please stay on topic. Thanks"

Edited by Esac_mirmidon

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

I have never seen a deader horse beaten harder or more deader.

I have not been flying the 51 lately so I cannot comment on the meat and potatoes of this thread.

That said, I had a great belly laugh when I read Zimmerdylan's comment. :megalol:

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...