DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

Im have max settings over lasvegas 65 fps

System

Hydro H115i with 8700k @ 4,9 ghz all cores, Asus strix Z370 f, 32gb ddr4 3600Mhz, Asusrog swift 34 gsync ,Vr hp Reverb .Palit gaming pro 2080 ti Thrustmaster Warthog f18grip and th pedal

Steamvr ss 100% and dcs world ss 180%

tomcat eats the viper for breakfast :P

Lange lebe die Tomcat": Long live the Cat!

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tested VR in Normandy, no noticeable difference in performance. I did the delete saved games folder thingy as well. Still crashes at the end of the mission sometimes. It did prompt me to login to the game before the app started if anyone else noticed that? No miracles here. I only tested the Gazelle in fast missions tho. Version 2.0 ran so well on my rig i could run the PD at 2.0 with no issues. when we get the same or similar flying helos in Normandy i am going to need surgery to remove the rift ;)

Cheers

James

Well I don't know then what is going on with my end, but I definitely seem to be getting better performance in VR over Normandy than I was.

Yes the new login in is a bit of a pain for VR, have to lift headset and login on the monitor now rather than from within the headset.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Overall lighting is improved. I hated watchig up-sun as I thought the terrain shadows were not good, same for aircraft. They look much more natural now. Shimmering in tress and with shadows also seems much improved. Overall, its sharper, cleaner and more natural.

I was hoping for new water/wave implentations like the one seen in the F/A-18 preview and some fixing of terrain seams in Normandy to be tuned/fixed but hopefully it will come later.

Just got myself a new gtx 1080 today as well, that did not hurt either;)

I wasn't trying to contradict you - i am happy for you ;)

Just been trying to get this to work well with the gazelle and spent a lot of time playing with settings yesterday to try to increase performance.

At the moment tho, frames drop so low its making me feel sick and i am used to the rift by now.

dburne if you changed visibility from HIGH to MED that is a massive performance boost.

Ok that must have accounted for much of it then. I turned back to High just to test and it still seemed to be better for me than previously, but who knows...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I have two recorded tracks - low level free flight over Vegas and Caen. No improvement in VR running them before and after the update. Normandy stayed the same (used to be much better prior to U1) and NTTR even got a little worse with this update compared to 2.1.1U1.

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

I wasn't trying to contradict you - i am happy for you ;)

Just been trying to get this to work well with the gazelle and spent a lot of time playing with settings yesterday to try to increase performance.

At the moment tho, frames drop so low its making me feel sick and i am used to the rift by now.

No worries, I did not take it that way. Apparently reducing visibility to medium made a good difference for me, I had forgotten I had changed that earlier. But still pretty sure my performance still improved some at least.

Don B

Guys, try and keep the discussion on the patch notes, if you have bugs, or issues either new or existing, create a new thread in the bugs section, or add details to an existing one. Thanks!

:thumbup:

|Motherboard|: Asus TUF Gaming X570-PLUS,

|WaterCooler|: Corsair H115i Pro,

|CPU|: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X,

|RAM|: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB 3200MHz DDR4,

|SSD|: Kingston A2000 500GB M.2 NVMe,

|SSD|: Kingston 2.5´ 480GB UV400 SATA III,

|SSHD|: Seagate Híbrido 2TB 7200RPM SATA III,

|GPU|: MSI Gaming 980Ti,

|Monitor|: LG UltraWide 34UM68,

|Joystick 1|: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog,

|Joystick 2|: T.Flight Rudder Pedals,

|Head Motion|: TrackIr 5.

• 2 weeks later...

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Nice, both Starways and Barthek's ground texture mods pass IC check (in the lobby at least) again :thumbup:

Where the only two I had available to try atm.

Edit: Meh. After I had run a mission offline, and went into the lobby, IC failed. Sry gents.

Edited by Knock-Knock

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Finch if you are using the file that allows you to test the incomplete Su-33 AFM before the official release, this is the cause.

" You must think in russian.."

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Windows 7 Home Premium-Intel 2500K OC 4.6-SSD Samsung EVO 860- MSI GTX 1080 - 16G RAM - 1920x1080 27´

Hotas Rhino X-55-MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals -Track IR 4

Labels way off in multiscreen (vertical) mode

NOT FIXED yet

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

Nice, both Starways and Barthek's ground texture mods pass IC check (in the lobby at least) again

Where the only two I had available to try atm.

Just tried the 104th terrain textures, thry failed the check

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

You need to recover the original file.

I removed the modified file and restored the original file before the update, then updated the sim, tried my old mission and couldn't set the player in the su-33, it keeps switching back to anything and not Player, maybe is something in the mission file... I'll try to create a new mission and see