DCS: P-47D-30 Discussion

Barrett_g

jcomm, I know exactly what you mean... fun with some friends but all in all a distraction from some proper virtual aviating!

:-)

That's exactly that … I should have known... would have saved me some bucks to invest more in DCS, but, let's wait for this P-47 to be released, and whatever more will become available for DCS WW2, and helis! I love helis too !!!

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

Guy on the right to guy in front: "Just keep applying the glue."

:lol:

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

• 2 weeks later...

did this p-47 keep dogfighting? i guess not. but at least it still has 3/4th of its wings.

in dcs we can observe spits not trying to go home, but keep dogfighting with 1complete wing shot off, doing all sorts of manouvers on a daily basis.

and sometimes even see spits dogfighting with 0 wings. is this a bug in the FM in your view?

Edited by birdstrike

did this p-47 keep dogfighting? i guess not. but at least it still has 3/4th of its wings.

in dcs we can observe spits not trying to go home, but keep dogfighting with 1complete wing shot off, doing all sorts of manouvers on a daily basis.

and sometimes even see spits dogfighting with 0 wings. is this a bug in the FM in your view?

Fact

I7-8700 @5GHZ, 32GB 3000MHZ RAM, 1080TI, Rift S, ODYSSEY +. SSD DRIVES, WIN10

• ED Team

Have you posted a bug report about this including a track with this issue? I dont see it in the bug section. Seems it could also be a sync issue with the DM and multiplayer, regardless I cant reproduce a flyable Spitfire with a missing wing or both missing.

I look forward to the report. Also, please keep this thread on topic, it's about the P-47.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Issue usually occurs in MP. Tracks are horrendously unreliable in SP as it is but the MP ones are even worse. Ill try and keep an eye out when I fly but unless it happens on the first flight after joining a server, less than a few minutes after takeoff its unlikely that it will be replicated in a track. As far as Sync issues its possible but every time Ive had it everyone I was flying with saw exactly the same. Maybe discrepancies between visual and actual DM.......?

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

• ED Team
Maybe discrepancies between visual and actual DM.......?

Its possible but then it should be pretty easy to reproduce in single player, and I have yet to see it. If you can confirm the with the pilot of the Spitfire that he is indeed missing a wing(s) that would be good too.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

@DefaultFace

If you wanna get together in multiplayer some time and use me as a target for testing, would happily swallow my pride and get minengeschossed repeatedly for the sake of R&D!

Personally, I've heard of similar reports but never experienced it first hand; I've had partial wing loss online from a collision with a 109 in Burning Skies, but in that case I can attest it certainly did adversely affect the flying characteristics of the aeroplane and I subsequently crashed and burned on attempting to land at 120mph.

I managed to escape in a FW-190 with only one wing.

I misjudged a bounce and sliced straight through the poor chap. He exploded while I carried on at around 600kph. It took some serious controller contortions but I managed to run back to friendly territory. I couldn't manoeuvre, though, and when I dropped my gear and attempted to line up for finals the thing just dropped out of the sky.

Speaking of which....

(no sound I'm afraid)

This was caused by a collision during target practice. There didn't seem to be any drag penalty and it only needed some mild opposite aileron to keep it flying straight. The landing could've been better but I like to believe it was because the starboard undercarriage was damaged when the wing got torn off. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Speaking of which....

(no sound I'm afraid)

This was caused by a collision during target practice. There didn't seem to be any drag penalty and it only needed some mild opposite aileron to keep it flying straight. The landing could've been better but I like to believe it was because the starboard undercarriage was damaged when the wing got torn off. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Sorry to say but that's not "wingless", you lost the outer wingtip and the aileron, which does any good to flying performances but still allow to fly. You say it was "without doing nothing" but that's not true, the landing approach is clearly (as we can see airspeed) performed in a higher than normal airspeed which happens to be the correct procedure in those events, did you on purpose or just by chance? You can try anytime, break a wingtip by collision and make that same final approach at 200-180Km/H as you would in a pristine aircraft, then come tell us how easy it was to land and how deep in ground you ended.

S!

"I went into the British Army believing that if you want peace you must prepare for war. I believe now that if you prepare for war, you get war."

-- Major-General Frederick B. Maurice

Sorry to say but that's not "wingless", you lost the outer wingtip and the aileron, which does any good to flying performances but still allow to fly. You say it was "without doing nothing" but that's not true, the landing approach is clearly (as we can see airspeed) performed in a higher than normal airspeed which happens to be the correct procedure in those events, did you on purpose or just by chance? You can try anytime, break a wingtip by collision and make that same final approach at 200-180Km/H as you would in a pristine aircraft, then come tell us how easy it was to land and how deep in ground you ended.

S!

You're right that this isn't an example of "wingless", but rather it shows a "Wingtip-loss on one side".

I can't see where Lixma claims that this occurs "without doing nothing". The video has no audio for me though, so maybe he says it in the audio?

Lixma merely wrties in his post that he observes that there "didn't seem to be any drag penalty" from this. He clearly observes some changes (such as the need for additional aileron input during level flight).

However, the video does NOT show whether or not there is a drag penalty. In oder to see that we need a video with BEFORE and AFTER the event, with the same engine settings and attitude applied. Only then can wee see if there is an airspeed or altitude loss to compensate for the damage and assymetrical flight.

On YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/philstylenz

Storm of War WW2 server website: https://stormofwar.net/

D-30 was the first model with dive flaps, si if we get P-47D-30 we will get the Thunderbolt with them.

F-15E | F-14A/B

P-51D | P-47D | Mosquito FB Mk VI |Spitfire | Fw 190D | Fw 190A | Bf 109K |  WWII Assets Pack

Normandy 2 | The Channel | Sinai | Syria | PG | NTTR | South Atlantic 

F/A-18 | F-86 | F-16C | A-10C | FC-3 | CA | SC |