Performance hit with the new cockpit

Hardcard

I see you have a $1,200 video card.... uhhhhh I see

Can I borrow your old one ? or perhaps the one before that... or maybe Ill just come over with gift card for Peets... and my screw driver.

My original comments seem meaningless now ...

AC5 has Vsync ON ?

Can you comment ?

Also SSD (solid state drives ?) Do most of you use SSD ?

I do not. Not sure the speed of yours, but some are lightning fast compared to the SATA drives

I had a wingy in recent multiplayer who had good fps with the new pit, died, checked external view, respawned and from that moment forward had horrible fps. Was 45-50 before and 15-20 after.

Custom Pit 476 Recruiting

i9-12900KF, 32 GB DDR5, Gigabyte Aorus Z690 Master, Gigabyte RTX 2080 Ti, 1TB Sabrent Roket 4+ 2x750GB RAID-0, TrackIR 5 /w clip, CRG9 49” Curved Ultrawide Flight Display+15" Touchscreen+17" Gauges display, Thrustmaster Warthog+7.5cm, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, Streamdeck, Butt Kicker and pneumatic G-Seat

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20220716.png

Forums Signature V4_500x100_20221002.png

Also SSD (solid state drives ?) Do most of you use SSD ?

I do not. Not sure the speed of yours, but some are lightning fast compared to the SATA drives

Yes, many of us do. SSD won't help with framerate, but will help with stutters and reduce game&mission loading times tremendously - on my PC installing the SSD divided loading times by about six, and that was a budget brand drive, nothing fancy. There are many affordable SSDs available on the market nowadays, I'd recommed getting one of these.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

I play VR, these are my specs:

- i7 6700K @ 4,5 Ghz

- 32 GB DDR4 @ 3200 Mhz

- MSI RTX 2070 gaming z

- SSD Crucial MX series

- Oculus Rift s

I do not obsessively look at fps and it seems fluid enough, but doing a simple tour in NTTR map with t/o and landing I have occasional stutters, never experienced with the old cockpit. I think some optimization is surely needed.

Edited by nessuno0505

• 7 months later...

Definitely stutters compared to 1.5. In fact it seems very difficult to fly the A10 C in many of the instant action ... especially trying to beat a fighter jet in a dogfight. Make a turn and the nose goes straight to the ground. Wiggle and shake, it is a little like the F15 in the early DCS. Anyone else find this to be true ? Nothing seemed to make any difference in the AXIS tuning which is a red flag.