Offline Mode (2.5.1 and beyond)

Yes, you can play on either the PC or laptop with no issues.

That's good news. But I'm a little confused. I thought you can only install a module on one PC?

Win Pro 10, A-10c (rarely used, but started with Falcon AT!), P3D v4 (100+ add-ons mostly ORBX), i7-8700k, 16 GB 3200 Mhz RAM, Gigabyte Z370M DS3H, Corsair water cooler, EVGA SuperNOVA Gold 650W, PNY GTX 1070ti, Dell 27" G-sync monitor, Logitech 3D Pro, NVMe OS drive, TB's of free space on SSD.

• ED Team
That's good news. But I'm a little confused. I thought you can only install a module on one PC?

No you can install a module on more, the only limitation is not being able to login on both and play at the same time.

If the module uses the old starforce key system you will use up and activation, if it is the new keyless system it is bound to your account.

hope that helps

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• 2 weeks later...

I tested this "Offline Mode", as I'm going away for the holidays and PC being offline, but I still get the the warning that it will only work for a couple of days. Should I be worried or is it just a false positive?

I will be really disappointed if it stops working when I'm up in the mountains!

• ED Team
I tested this "Offline Mode", as I'm going away for the holidays and PC being offline, but I still get the the warning that it will only work for a couple of days. Should I be worried or is it just a false positive?

I will be really disappointed if it stops working when I'm up in the mountains!

Did you have a connection when you went into offline mode?

Offline mode requires a connection to tell the server you are going into offline mode.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Did you have a connection when you went into offline mode?

Offline mode requires a connection to tell the server you are going into offline mode.

Yes, absolutely. When I started without connection after it says I'm offline, but still the 2 days warning. If I'm all good inspite of that I'm happy! Thanks for answering!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

• ED Team

It should be fine, as long as you were online before selecting going offline.

If you have any issues you can contact support directly also.

thank you

• ED Team

Test now make sure you have a connection, and leave it in offline mode and we can check it.

Feel free to PM me or open a support ticket.

Edited by BIGNEWY

Test now make sure you have a connection, and leave it in offline mode and we can check it.

Feel free to PM me or open a support ticket.

Yes I did already. I have left home, and computer is in the trunk.

Crossing my fingers!

Sent from my ANE-LX1 using Tapatalk

• 4 weeks later...

The offline authorization mode needs to be longer. my ISP hasn't been able to fix my internet connection for over a week and a half and I have to use the hotspot on my phone to play the modules that I bought. This isn't my fault. I just want to play my game without having to go through the hassle of connecting my phone to my computer just a play.

Sent from my ASUS_I01WDX using Tapatalk

The offline authorization mode needs to be longer. my ISP hasn't been able to fix my internet connection for over a week and a half and I have to use the hotspot on my phone to play the modules that I bought. This isn't my fault. I just want to play my game without having to go through the hassle of connecting my phone to my computer just a play.

Afaik you have to use your hotspot just for one DCS start. Then go to offline mode and it works without furrher connection. At least this was how it used to work last time I needed this. I found it very handy.

Afaik you have to use your hotspot just for one DCS start. Then go to offline mode and it works without furrher connection. At least this was how it used to work last time I needed this. I found it very handy.
Yes it does work this way. However using my hotspot is against the EULA on my cell provider without paying for it so this doesn't really solve anything if they decide to cut my service.

Yes it does work this way. However using my hotspot is against the EULA on my cell provider without paying for it so this doesn't really solve anything if they decide to cut my service.

I don't quite get this. But I see you are aware of the procedure so I'm sorry for not being much of help.

I don't get this. What exactly is the EULA saying that is supposed to prevent this? :huh:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Can't fly my modules offline

Why can't I fly my modules when I want to fly offline in singleplayer?

Knowing that this sim is made for people who mostly play singleplayer and most singleplayer games/sims can be played offline, somehow this thing tells me that I don't really own the modules if I don't log in, which makes it somehow like a cloud gaming thing. I remember flying in singleplayer even if you are offline, now you totally took the modules away if one plays offline. What would happen if your servers fail or you simply decide not to keep the servers alive due to unexpected/expected reasons?

Do I even own my modules this way?

Am I special?

• ED Team

Hi

if you go into offline mode you can fly in single player, it can be found at the top of the main menu in game.

You will need a connection before going into off line mode.

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=207670

If you do not enter off line mode you have a limited time if you have no connection.

If you are in off line mode you can play without a connection.

If you are seeing different please contact support

but if i have internet problems and can't log in, then i can't go in "offline" mode, right? But isn't that a contradiction? If I understand correctly, to go offline, I must have an active internet connection. But if, for example, I were to have an interruption of the internet line, and I had not had time to log in before this interruption, I can no longer play?

• ED Team
but if i have internet problems and can't log in, then i can't go in "offline" mode, right? But isn't that a contradiction? If I understand correctly, to go offline, I must have an active internet connection. But if, for example, I were to have an interruption of the internet line, and I had not had time to log in before this interruption, I can no longer play?

Offline mode is best suited for planned periods of being offline. For example service men and women, or oil rig workers.

The default offline period is 3 days, unless you go into offline mode.

It should be noted a mobile connection is enough to switch to offline mode.

No tethering without paying extra. Plain and simple.

Did you know that you need a connection for just 1 or two minutes to go to offline mode and after that you can play as long as you want to without connection (even after shutting down your PC)? You just don't have multiplayer or updates, but without a connection you wouldn't have those anyway.

Edited by Tom Kazansky

No tethering without paying extra. Plain and simple.

I see. That's not EDs fault though.

And I really wonder about your profile pic, as it doesn't seem to fit you at all...

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

I didn't say I didn't do it . Just bringing up issues.

Ohh, alright then :music_whistling:

Tornado3 small.jpg

• 4 months later...

I have read this thread and have gone through the FAQs, and have not been able to find a resolution to the problem I'm having. I apologize if it turns out to be an easy fix. But, at this point, I feel there is no other option but to seek an answer on this forum.

I had DCS install on my PC and, in December, placed my PC into off-line mode and installed DCS on my laptop and activated it and placed it in online mode. I primarily did that because I was on bedrest and needed to fix my crave for DCS during my five-month stint on bedrest. Now, that I am off bedrest, I have placed by laptop in off-line mode and have not been able for days now to activate and get my PC into online mode, so that I can play the game with all my purchased modules on my PC.

What do I have to do to get my PC activated and my account into online mode? Do I need to uninstall and reinstall DCS? Please give me a detailed easy to follow answer.

Any information that can be provided will be greatly appreciated. I so look forward to utilizing the new supercarrier module. I'm having withdrawal symptoms from not being able to access DCS. Please help me! Thanks, in advance, for any advice that you can provide.

Sincerely,

Chuckers

Edited by Chuckers