What do these commands do?

sobe

What does the STICK TO TRIMMER CONTROL MODE do? It has NO default key command assigned to it.

What does the new NOSE GEAR STEERING command do? It has LALT + Q assigned to it as the default key command.

Thanks

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

What does the STICK TO TRIMMER CONTROL MODE do? It has NO default key command assigned to it.

What does the new NOSE GEAR STEERING command do? It has LALT + Q assigned to it as the default key command.

Thanks

Nose Gear Steering is just that. Enable it to steer while taxiing.

Stick to Trimmer, IIRC, is primarily for force feedback sticks. With the command enabled, move the stick to the position you need for level flight and release the command. The aircraft is now retrimmed. It doesn't work well on non-FF sticks...or, at least, I've never enjoyed using it.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Thanks for the quick response. Just getting back into the Su 27/33 while waiting for the revised Su-33.

Trackir4 using the latest Trackir 5 software, Win10 Pro [Creator Update] updated from Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel® Core™ i5-2500 3.30 GHz 6M Intel Smart Cache LGA115 , GigaByte GA-Z68XP-UD4 Intel Z68 Chipset DDR3 16GB Ram, GTX MSI Gaming 1060 [6 GB] Video Card, Main Monitor 1 on left 1920x1080 Touchscreen Monitor 2 on right 1920x1080 .

I thought stick to trimmer did just that...

While pressed, if you push the stick forward you're trimming the nose down not moving the actual stick (except to the extent that trimming moves the stick), back = up etc.

Can't check now, but simple to test - cancel all trim, hold the stick to trimmer combo & move the stick - do the trim lights go out when you move the stick ?

Edited by Weta43

Cheers.

I thought stick to trimmer did just that...

While pressed, if you push the stick forward you're trimming the nose down not moving the actual stick (except to the extent that trimming moves the stick), back = up etc.

Can't check now, but simple to test - cancel all trim, hold the stick to trimmer combo & move the stick - do the trim lights go out when you move the stick ?

It's been quit awhile since I last tried using it. At the time, it didn't work like that--at least not on my X-52. I'll have to give it another try sometime soon.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Stick to trimmer is awesome feature if you have force feedback joystick. With this I no longer need to trimming constantly like in non FFB joystick. Flying formation is piece of cake, NOE is a joy and I've never broke my wings because of hard maneuver because I can feel "the force".

I agree with someone who said flying DCS with non FFB actually flying half of the sim. I recommend go get it if you can :)

Edited by Oceandar

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

Oceandar

What FFB stick are you using and what version of Window do you use?

I'm using Microsoft sidewinder force feedback 2. One of the best joysticks ever made. The only gripe I have is lack of buttons and I'm thinking to mod it replacing its grip with other joystick from CH or Thrustmaster f-16.

Edit : my OS is Win 10 64bit

Edited by Oceandar

Interesting. I thought the SW 2 had some driver issues with Win10. I am also running Win10 64 bit and was thinking of acquiring a SW 2 on Ebay. Did you have any driver issues? Which version of the SW 2 do you have?

Its just plug and play, no need to install driver but I cant install the software because its no longer compatible.

My MSFFB 2 is usb version, stay away from gameport version. I suggest you look at input output forum for further reading about the joystick. Search for it, its plenty.

Good luck