Q1 2017 Update

Hey Guys,

Apologies for the delay in the update. I have had some issues to deal with and only just had time to write this.

I know not everyone sees the updates posted in the individual aircraft forums so I will summarise what has been happening over the last few months here.

Hawk

I have been working through the bug list and one bug that has been annoying me for quite a while is the sidewinder seek tone not switching off when it should do.

There is a work around for this but it means jettisoning the missiles, which is not good when you need them for defense on the way home.

I have enlisted the help of one of our programmers who is looking at this one with me and I hope we'll have this fixed as soon as possible.

As soon as it is working I'll post up a short video on our Youtube channel showing it so please go and subscribe.

https://www.youtube.com/user/ells228

The updated canopy glass was patched in the last 2.0.5 patch and is already with ED for the next 1.5.6 update along with a few EFM tweaks to the engine system.

With the success of the lighting system in the rear cockpit, this will be made into the same in the front cockpit to help those of you seeing fps issues. External lighting will also be updated using the same method to help fps.

I have a long list of annoying little bugs that we are working through and again details of those will be posted up as they are fixed.

Once those are all out of the way it's on to re-coding the ASM which I've already covered in previous updates. No timescales for this one because as you can imagine it's a monumental task. However it needs to be done as we are finding it harder to plug those holes with the existing ASM code with each DCS patch.

P-40F

We were on track to deliver the module to Wags and ED by the end of Feb for evaluation. However with a patch in DCS we hit a big snag on the engine that was not noticed in 1.5.5 but was very prominent in the 1.5.6 patch.

The team are still working around the clock figuring this one out and trust me, no one wants the module out in your hands more than we do.

I am aiming to make some videos next week of the training missions. These will be for Start-up, taxi and take-off, circuit and landing.

Keep an eye on our Facebook page and subscribe to our Youtube channel for those, links below.

If you are lucky enough to be one of Pman's friends then you'll notice he did a cheeky test stream of flying the P40 last week to his Facebook page. This was to test out an alternative streaming system.

I'll actually be covering more in the videos next week so don't worry, you won't miss out.

Re-branding

Well who thought that re-branding our logo would cause such a stir on the DCS Facebook group.

It is simply a re-branding exercise to bring our consumer and military projects branding in line with each other, nothing more than that.

We have had a Typhoon in our company logo since the beginning in 2008. You've seen this for the past 9 years so why it caused a stir now is beyond me. But there you go, that's some people for you.

We will be launching a revamp of our business web site soon in line with the re-branding.

Typhoon

Whilst we're taking about Typhoon; the new external and cockpit 3D models are nearly complete. We need one more piece of information for scaling but that won't hold up integration of the new models.

Once I receive them I'll be working on switch and control surface animations ready for ASM integration at a later date.

We will not confirm any release dates until agreed with ED, so please stop asking for them.

What's next

Well we have several art assets complete for the modules we are in contract with TFC for.

Once P-40 is out we will work on the next module for release.

It will not be announced until agreed with TFC and ED, so again please stop asking us to confirm what it will be.

That's all for this update and please remember to subscribe to our Youtube channel and Like our Facebook page for impromptu updates.

https://www.facebook.com/veaosimulations/

Many thanks,

Chris, Pete and the team.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot for the update and all the hard work you guys put in these modules! :thumbup:

Typhoon

Whilst we're taking about Typhoon; the new external and cockpit 3D models are nearly complete. We need one more piece of information for scaling but that won't hold up integration of the new models.

Once I receive them I'll be working on switch and control surface animations ready for ASM integration at a later date.

We will not confirm any release dates until agreed with ED, so please stop asking for them.

Any chance for some pics? :worthy:

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Yeah, thanks a lot for keeping us updated :)

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Nice update!

The issue with the P-40F is a bummer, for sure.

Fingers crossed, you can solve that quickly.

Hope we see more of the progress on all fronts.

Like that the Hawk gets the lighting revamped. New lighting system really is a huge step forward.

Shagrat

- Flying Sims since 1984 -:pilotfly:

Win 10 | i5 10600K@4.1GHz | 64GB | GeForce RTX 3090 - Asus VG34VQL1B  | TrackIR5 | Simshaker & Jetseat | VIRPIL CM 50 Stick & Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Plus/Apache64 Grip | MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals | WW Top Gun MIP | a hand made AHCP | 2x Elgato StreamDeck (Buttons galore)

Hawk

I have been working through the bug list and one bug that has been annoying me for quite a while is the sidewinder seek tone not switching off when it should do.

There is a work around for this but it means jettisoning the missiles, which is not good when you need them for defense on the way home.

I have enlisted the help of one of our programmers who is looking at this one with me and I hope we'll have this fixed as soon as possible.

As soon as it is working I'll post up a short video on our Youtube channel showing it so please go and subscribe.

This is music to my ears!

Along with the radio issue, once fixed this bird will be my No1 :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Any chance for some pics? :worthy:

Possibly when I get them into 3DMax.

The important TL;DR I took away for actual DCS updates is:

-A few fixes for the Hawk going out the door shortly, including the new Canopy glass and some EFM tweaks.

Already patched in current DCS 2.0.5

This is music to my ears!

Along with the radio issue, once fixed this bird will be my No1 :thumbup:

Yep this one is taking a little longer to sort out.

Possibly when I get them into 3DMax.

Thanks, I really appreciate that :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Good to know things are advancing... and good luck with the bughunt. I hope you get the P-40 out the door and in good shape so the "failure stigma" that appeared with the Hawks rough state can be pushed to the past. Looking forward to the upcoming videos.

Regards,

MikeMikeJuliet

DCS Finland | SF squadron

• 2 weeks later...

I do hope the mosquito isn't to far down the development line and that we may see it in the next few years. What a devestatingly good aeroplane that was there really wasn't anything else like it for a large chunk of the Second World War. I'm surprised it doesn't attract more interest.

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV