Stuck on mission Su33 Cap3.miz

mj3437

I don't see a Su33 forum so I'll post this here. I have come back to the Sea Dragon campaign after being stuck on this mission before. !4 or 16 armed speedboats attack the carrier group and my wingman and I have to stop them. My wingy does pretty good at taking them out, but I can't for the life of me see them well enough to get a bead on them before I have to pull off or crash in the drink. I can see a wake and have tried to aim in front of it but without seeing the actual boat it is extremely difficult and I have yet to protect the carrier group. Is there a tactic one uses, or do certain speedboats need to be hit to stop the attack? Any and all ideas are greatly needed.

I have tried zooming in but it makes my target fixation even worse:joystick:

MJ

msi Z170A MB, i7-6700k @ 4.0GHz, 32GB DDR4

GeForce GTX 970 4GB, Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB

Acer Predator Z271, 650w PSU, Corsair Carbon500R, MS FFB 2

If I interpreted the mission file correctly, you need 50% destruction of speedboats in each group and the ships must survive for mission success.

I haven't flown the mission myself but you might try exchanging your FAB-500s for RBK- 500s. I've had good luck against speedboats with those. I have a YT video up on the Flankertraining Channel that has attacking speedboats with them as part of the video's subject matter.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

I don't see a Su33 forum so I'll post this here. I have come back to the Sea Dragon campaign after being stuck on this mission before. 16 armed speedboats attack the carrier group and my wingman and I have to stop them.

My wingy does pretty good at taking them out, but I can't for the life of me see them well enough to get a bead on them before I have to pull off or crash in the drink. I can see a wake and have tried to aim in front of it but without seeing the actual boat it is extremely difficult and I have yet to protect the carrier group.

Is there a tactic one uses, or do certain speedboats need to be hit to stop the attack?

These speed boats have hard core terrorists in them, they will stop at nothing and for nothing. You must kill any and all speedboats getting close to any of the fleets ships, as losing any one of the ships is a mission failure.

Mission success is only when all speed boats are destroyed any your fleet is intact.

Any and all ideas are greatly needed.

I have tried zooming in but it makes my target fixation even worse:joystick:

No expert with the Su-33, but you can try different load outs, etc. (Rockets seem to work best, along with gun fire). As for aiming, I would have the same problem, zooming is it I am afraid to say.

FYI: This campaign was upgraded some time back, so the mission requirements have changed to older version, so some YT videos may not be the way it looks and feels now.

Regards, Ian.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

FWIW, I had a few minutes this AM and jumped into the cockpit to see what things looked like. I had no trouble spotting the speedboats without zooming. Is it, perhaps, a matter of graphics settings? My water is set to "high" I believe. The rest is set high as well. Those boats are traveling 90 km/hr so they have quit a wake to follow.

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

I can see the wake but am having a hard time seeing the actual boat. I will try leading the wake more than I have been and see if that makes a difference.

MJ

One more question. What is the difference between the RBK cluster bombs and the KMGU dispensers?:huh:

One more question. What is the difference between the RBK cluster bombs and the KMGU dispensers?:huh:

They submunitions they carry aside, the biggest difference is one of delivery. The RBKs are bombs. They detach and fall before releasing their submunitions. The KMGU dispensers remain on the wings, open, and distribute their submunitions along your flight path as you fly.

_____

A point worth remembering when using RBK cluster bombs is that the RBK bombs don't function at a set altitude but operate on a simple timer, so the lower you release them the more concentrated the submunition coverage will be. Similarly if you want wider but less dense coverage release from a higher altitude.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

Thanks for that darkfire, I am just starting to come to grips with some of the russian ordinance specs myself, trying to get the Su-27 and Su-33 planes to do the missions in their respective campaigns.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

• 3 years later...
On 4/20/2017 at 7:49 PM, Ironhand said:

Those boats are traveling 90 km/hr so they have quit a wake to follow.

Sadly, this is no longer the case. Armed boats have almost no wake at all.

They are invisible until you are right on top of them.

hjhjh.png

jhkhjkhjkjk.png

Edited by dorianR666

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/5/2021 at 2:36 PM, dorianR666 said:

It says youre ED beta tester. Is this problem known or should i make a bugreport?

Are you talking about a bug report for the wakes being way too small? If so, I posted a bug report for that a couple years ago, with unfortunately no acknowledgement or response. (Maybe I posted it in the wrong Forum section? 🤔)

20 hours ago, N22YF said:

Are you talking about a bug report for the wakes being way too small? If so, I posted a bug report for that a couple years ago, with unfortunately no acknowledgement or response. (Maybe I posted it in the wrong Forum section? 🤔)

thanks, i will bump it

• Like 1

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 1600X

GPU: AMD RX 580