DCS Beacon Map

Lino_Germany

Guys, thanks for your feedback. This is much appreciated.

The DCS Mi-8 has an intercom actually

Yes it has. Most multy crew aircraft have some kind of intercom system to communicate with each other. However, I am primarily focused on the aircrafts ability to communicate with the ground crew via wired microphone (Interphone), because that has an impact in the simulation. Based on my research, the Mi-8 has not that ability. If I am wrong at this point, I ask for correction.

Like the SA342

ICS : TF AP 18

VHF/AM : TRAP 138

VHF/UHF : Saturn TRA 6031

VHF/FM : TRC 9600 PR4G

ADF : NR AN 19

Thanks for the informations concerning the radio designations. As said before, based on my research, the Gazelle also has not the ability to communicate with the ground crew via wired microphone. This beeing so, the Interphone is greyed out in the document. If I am wrong at this point, I ask for correction.

There's an error for L-39, its R-832M radio is V/UHF (118-140MHz, 220-389.95 MHz).

You are absolutly right. I´ll fix this immediately.

Edited by Lino_Germany

Kind regards,

Lino_Germany

Based on my research, the Mi-8 has not that ability.

It does have that ability. There's a switch on the left top panel, flip that from "RADIO" to "ICS" (not sure what the Russian names are, though, since I'm using Devrim's English pit mod), close all your windows and doors and talk to the ground crew and they'll hear you just fine.

EDIT: added pic

RDO-ICS.jpg.17c9c45b8af5a94347c355c5b6dc35dd.jpg

Edited by msalama

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Thanks for the informations concerning the radio designations. As said before, based on my research, the Gazelle also has not the ability to communicate with the ground crew via wired microphone. This beeing so, the Interphone is greyed out in the document. If I am wrong at this point, I ask for correction.

No problem.

As Msalama said, you can switch between ICS and radio to speak to the ground crew.

Another idea, you can let the ICS name and add a ground crew option.

People fly planes, pilots fly helicopters

It does have that ability. There's a switch on the left top panel, flip that from "RADIO" to "ICS" (not sure what the Russian names are, though, since I'm using Devrim's English pit mod), close all your windows and doors and talk to the ground crew and they'll hear you just fine.

As Msalama said, you can switch between ICS and radio to speak to the ground crew.

Another idea, you can let the ICS name and add a ground crew option.

Although I sincerely believe that the SPU-7 ICS in reality exclusively provides communication between crew members inside the helicopter (see excerpt from the TM 1-1520-Mi-17-10 helicopter operators manual), I see the need of the DCS developers to simulate interaction with the ground crew for each flyable aircraft in DCS.

This interaction can be performed by simple shouting, by a show of hands or by electronic means. All three of this methods we have more or less simulated in DCS.

For the Mi-8 the devs solved the communication problem with the ground crew by assigning it to the ICS System.

For the sake of easy understanding the guide, I´ll take on the SPU-7 into the interphone category.

attachment.php?attachmentid=155255&stc=1&d=1484511592

attachment.php?attachmentid=155256&stc=1&d=1484511592

attachment.php?attachmentid=155257&stc=1&d=1484511592

attachment.php?attachmentid=155258&stc=1&d=1484511606

attachment.php?attachmentid=155259&stc=1&d=1484511606

attachment.php?attachmentid=155260&stc=1&d=1484511606

1.JPG.4459710b9a9f96b4334852237d93fea0.JPG

2.thumb.JPG.bbd876ea5485a4c2dd6b4fed3356af74.JPG

3.thumb.JPG.6724dffbe0101501ce462ee83565bf4b.JPG

4.thumb.JPG.30589a279a3f647d62a60944a7d517e3.JPG

5.thumb.JPG.d452a8ac17c8a0d7c1f2c6ddb6a80857.JPG

6.thumb.JPG.92d45e51c81d166019d81ad40aad236b.JPG

Edited by Lino_Germany

Kind regards,

Lino_Germany

• 3 weeks later...

Holy cow!!!! And I thought your Beacon Map was an absolute marvel. This though ... is simply incredible. Thank you for all your hard work! I don't even want to guess at the amount of time you must have committed to putting all of this together.

- Apache600

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

Holy cow!!!! And I thought your Beacon Map was an absolute marvel. This though ... is simply incredible. Thank you for all your hard work! I don't even want to guess at the amount of time you must have committed to putting all of this together.

- Apache600

Thanks for your reply. It´s well worth the effort. I´m tired of it juming in a cockpit after a certain time and then to notice I forgot the basics (communication and navigation) for that specific aircraft.

I also wanted an easy to use reference work for the preparation of the next beacon maps.

Kind regards,

Lino_Germany

• 3 weeks later...

Great work!

I found some differences between the game and your map (and beacons list):

NDB at LM86 (Ali), 353 kHz, reported as "-... -" = BT, is instead ".- .-.." = AL

NDB at MM25 (Gori), 462 kMz, reported as "--- --.." = OZ, is instead "--- ." = OE

It would also be nice to report in the map the ID (e.g. "AL") with the morse sequence (e.g. ".- .-..") for a rapid recognition, because in game's map it is reported only the ID.

Great work!

I found some differences between the game and your map (and beacons list):

NDB at LM86 (Ali), 353 kHz, reported as "-... -" = BT, is instead ".- .-.." = AL

NDB at MM25 (Gori), 462 kMz, reported as "--- --.." = OZ, is instead "--- ." = OE

It would also be nice to report in the map the ID (e.g. "AL") with the morse sequence (e.g. ".- .-..") for a rapid recognition, because in game's map it is reported only the ID.

Thanks for your reply and the suggestions (will be implemented in the next update). I´ve doublechecked the mentioned discrepancies and will rectify them.

Kind regards,

Lino_Germany

Am I reading your chart wrong? Page 2 on Radio Nav Equipment (short list) it says that the F-5E shouldn't be able to contact JTAC, but in the missions I've created, I can. The F-5 has the laser-guided bombs in it's arsenal.

Regardless though, I've said it before, and I'll say it again. Fantastic work on everything you do!

- Apache600

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The Museum Relic Campaign: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=164322

Community Missions (SP & MP) --> https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=205546

Version 1.47 of the Caucasus Beacon Map available for download.

I´ve fixed the morse codes for the NDBs at 37T LM 879 613 and at 38T MM 281 519. Thanks again, cody, for drawing my attention to this issue.

hi, file not found error 404.

MSI Z97 Gaming 5 - Intel I7 4790K - Artic cooling freezer 7 pro rev 2 - GSKILL 32 Go - SSD Crucial M5 120 go - SSD Crucial 2To - HDD western digital caviar blue 1 TO - Gigabyte GTX 1070 Gaming G1 - Windows 10 home 64 bits