JUST DOGFIGHT server thread

Flighter

Hi aeroflux.

That should be no problem. Will do on next map update.

The only reason I have them only in the guns area, is because they only have guns (?).

You will be a brave man among the F-18s and the Su's !

Cheers

thank youuuuu :thumbup:

F-86 has IR missiles (GAR 8) ^^

Hi there !

I really do not know if this is a good thing. Imagine a server showing 4 players and once you join you find no one to fight with. It'll be more like a private affair, something you could host in private and have a friend join.

Still I am not totally negative.

Jaguaras, please give me a suggestion as to what planes to have; not more that 3 or 4 for each side. I could make a test run on the beta server.

Plus it will be in the middle of nowhere, nowhere to land in case you want to test all weapons or rearm.

BTW It's always nice when I see you on line !

Best regards

Thanks! The purpose of the slot is pure dogfighting so no need to be close to an airport. As for aircraft I suggest hornet, mirage , f-15 , su-27 (so modern aircrafts, 2 full fidelity 2 fc3 - including a red one is a good compromise I think). Fingers crossed for the extra slot.

And again thanks for the best server out there !

Thanks! The purpose of the slot is pure dogfighting so no need to be close to an airport. As for aircraft I suggest hornet, mirage , f-15 , su-27 (so modern aircrafts, 2 full fidelity 2 fc3 - including a red one is a good compromise I think). Fingers crossed for the extra slot.

And again thanks for the best server out there !

Hey there Jaguaras !

Thanks again for your time.

Please check out the beta server. There should be two 1v1 banks, namely 1 and 2. So players should join the pairs

1B and 1R (eg 1v1-1B-F15C against 1v1-1R-F15c)

or

2B and 2R (eg 1v1-2B-F15C against 1v1-2R-F15c)

The smaller server may have less lag and I may remove the other slots and just leave it for GUNS only and 1v1 slots.

No debugging whatsoever due to very limited time...

Let me know if all works.

Cheers

JUSTDOGFIGHT server - For Nickname reservation, stats, server map, instructions and other content visit our site justdogfight.com

🙂 Smile 🙂

Hi, Just wanted to say thanks for this server. As a Long term DCS user who is belatedly trying to get into multiplayer the Just Dogfighting server is the one place that’s allowed me my first successful access to some good multiplayer action. Its also shown me that my dogfighting skills aren’t as bad as I thought they might be. Now looking now to develop some flying relationships with fellow pilots so drop me a reply if you fancy meeting up for some coop or PvP sparing.

You will see me on the server as Rat Race and I am usually on the JD Teamspeak

Hi, Just wanted to say thanks for this server. As a Long term DCS user who is belatedly trying to get into multiplayer the Just Dogfighting server is the one place that’s allowed me my first successful access to some good multiplayer action. Its also shown me that my dogfighting skills aren’t as bad as I thought they might be. Now looking now to develop some flying relationships with fellow pilots so drop me a reply if you fancy meeting up for some coop or PvP sparing.

You will see me on the server as Rat Race and I am usually on the JD Teamspeak

Hi Stuart !

It's very nice to hear that you enjoy the server ! Thanks for your kind words.

I hope it is helping improve ppl's dogfighting skills -- the server's initial purpose. As well as having fun !!! :)

I am afraid that I have not much free time lately and even keeping the server up-to-date is an overstretch. But I will be glad to ping you if I bump onto you on-line.

There are quite a few brilliant and friendly people that I have met on the server (I will not mention names as I may forget some). See if you can team up. It would be my little server's greatest success, having people meet and forming play-friendships !

Best regards and (if you celebrate them) Merry X-mass and the best for the New Year !!!

JUSTDOGFIGHT server - For Nickname reservation, stats, server map, instructions and other content visit our site justdogfight.com

🙂 Smile 🙂

Admin, good afternoon. You have on a server cheater " better." I have video evidence. Ready to provide. With respect permanent the user your server.

Hi Soko !

Thanks for letting me know.

I know one cheater is enough to spoil it for a lot of people. It also spoils it for them.

I will switch on the integrity checks again (had them off for Kegety's VR mod).

Still many times the internetz play tricks on us and unfortunately many legit players appear like wrong-doers.

I had a quick look to tacview recordings and I have to say nothing seems to be wrong with "better". I use bold because nothing feels as bad as a false accusation.

Please PM me if you think any further discussion is needed.

I also want to emphasize that I would like to keep this thread positive and friendly to all !

Best regards, Merry X-mas and an even better New Year !

🙂 Smile 🙂

Hi Soko !

Thanks for letting me know.

I know one cheater is enough to spoil it for a lot of people. It also spoils it for them.

I will switch on the integrity checks again (had them off for Kegety's VR mod).

Still many times the internetz play tricks on us and unfortunately many legit players appear like wrong-doers.

I had a quick look to tacview recordings and I have to say nothing seems to be wrong with "better". I use bold because nothing feels as bad as a false accusation.

Please PM me if you think any further discussion is needed.

I also want to emphasize that I would like to keep this thread positive and friendly to all !

Best regards, Merry X-mas and an even better New Year !

Good day admin, I will send the video to the support. If I'm wrong, I'll apologize to the player. I wish you good and merry Christmas! Thanks for the best server!

Hi to everybody.

I played a little in this server in 1.5 until 2.5 happened and then I haven't been able to do so till recently, when I upugraded my GPU.

My kill to death ratio is something like 1:7, but I like this server a lot and I have a lot of fun! It's far better than fighting AIs placed in the mission editor because I am facing humans... I don't know exactly how many they are right now, where they are heading to, how good they are and so forth. And maybe a missile is travelling to me and I don't even know! Let me take a glance to the side! Very exciting!

I just don't like it so much when there are too few people and I have to wait much for an encounter: let's hope more people join us.

I have two questions:

What does it mean that there is a guns only area? Is it an area on the map where it is forbidden to use missiles?

When I shoot a missile I don't think about where I am, honestly, and I don't know whether the target has only guns.

Why aren't there radar guided missiles and their countemeasueres chaffs?

Planes: FC3, Spitfire, Harrier, F-14, F-18, MiG-21, Edge 540 - Helicopters: UH-1H, Mi-8 - Environments: Persian Gulf, Supercarrier

PC specs in the spoiler

I run DCS 2.7 using:

MasterWatt 550 semi-fanless and semi-modular, core i7-3770 (4 cores @ 3.8 GHz) with 8 GB DDR3, GTX1050 Ti (768 cores @ 1.8 GHz) with 4 GB GDDR5, 5.1 sound card, 240 GB SSD, Windows 8.1T.16000M FCS Flight Pack (i. e. stick+throttle+rudder pedals), opentrack head trakcer

Hi to everybody.

I played a little in this server in 1.5 until 2.5 happened and then I haven't been able to do so till recently, when I upugraded my GPU.

My kill to death ratio is something like 1:7, but I like this server a lot and I have a lot of fun! It's far better than fighting AIs placed in the mission editor because I am facing humans... I don't know exactly how many they are right now, where they are heading to, how good they are and so forth. And maybe a missile is travelling to me and I don't even know! Let me take a glance to the side! Very exciting!

I just don't like it so much when there are too few people and I have to wait much for an encounter: let's hope more people join us.

I have two questions:

What does it mean that there is a guns only area? Is it an area on the map where it is forbidden to use missiles?

When I shoot a missile I don't think about where I am, honestly, and I don't know whether the target has only guns.

Why aren't there radar guided missiles and their countemeasueres chaffs?

1) In the guns only area, which is in a separate location, all the airplanes have guns only and aren't loaded with missiles.

2) This is a DOGFIGHT server so the airplanes have only close combat ir missiles. But you can land in an airfield and load BVR missiles. As it says in the mission description ''Feel free to land and rearm with long range weapons but keep it to a sporty level''

Thank you for the reply.

1) In the guns only area, which is in a separate location, all the airplanes have guns only and aren't loaded with missiles.

Could you please be more specific about the words in bold? Is there a certain area identified by coordinates or by names (for example: between Gaudata and Gelendzhik) where it is forbidden to use guns? Or is there an entire dedicated separate Caucasus map for that?

I'll explain why I'm asking: I am afraid that those few times in which I hit and killed someone using a missile it was because I had just entered the guns only area and killed someone who was not able to shoot a missile back to me.

2) This is a DOGFIGHT server so the airplanes have only close combat ir missiles. But you can land in an airfield and load BVR missiles. As it says in the mission description ''Feel free to land and rearm with long range weapons but keep it to a sporty level''

Ok, this makes sense to me. Thank you!

Planes: FC3, Spitfire, Harrier, F-14, F-18, MiG-21, Edge 540 - Helicopters: UH-1H, Mi-8 - Environments: Persian Gulf, Supercarrier

PC specs in the spoiler

I run DCS 2.7 using:

MasterWatt 550 semi-fanless and semi-modular, core i7-3770 (4 cores @ 3.8 GHz) with 8 GB DDR3, GTX1050 Ti (768 cores @ 1.8 GHz) with 4 GB GDDR5, 5.1 sound card, 240 GB SSD, Windows 8.1T.16000M FCS Flight Pack (i. e. stick+throttle+rudder pedals), opentrack head trakcer

Thank you for the reply.

Could you please be more specific about the words in bold? Is there a certain area identified by coordinates or by names (for example: between Gaudata and Gelendzhik) where it is forbidden to use guns? Or is there an entire dedicated separate Caucasus map for that?

I'll explain why I'm asking: I am afraid that those few times in which I hit and killed someone using a missile it was because I had just entered the guns only area and killed someone who was not able to shoot a missile back to me.

Ok, this makes sense to me. Thank you!

It is very simple. The server has several slots.

1) There are two 1 vs 1 slots . In the left table (''Group'') they are defined as ''1v1'' followed by a number (1 for the first slot and 2 for the second slot) and the aircraft type. The one slot is near Mozdok AB and the other in the north of the map (in the area around Novorossyhisk and Gelendzhik AB). As you can imagine in these slots there is only one aircraft available (you can chose form several types) for the blue and one for the red side.

2) As you move down on the table the ''AIR'' - aircrafts are available. This is the main fight area with missiles and guns and is located between Batumi an Senaki Kolkhi.

3) move further down and you will find the ''GUNS'' aircrafts. Here you have only guns and not missiles. The location is in the Tbiliasi - Vaziani AB area, so far away form the main (missiles and guns area).

When you choose an aircraft you will start in the respective location.

Thank you very much again, Jaguara5, that's exactly the kind of detailed answer i was looking for.

So now I know what to do: I'll start from Batumi loaded with missiles and I will fly towards Tbiliasi and shoot down people with only guns: my kill ratio will pass from 1:7 to 7:1!!! You know what? Just for the sake of precaution, I will land somewhere and get some BVR missiles.

Ahahahah no, don't worry, I am just kidding; actually, I will make sure not to enter the guns only space unless I have only guns.

Happy new year!

PC specs in the spoiler

I run DCS 2.7 using:

• 4 weeks later...

I've flown the 1v1 Mig-29 the last couple of days on OB and Stable.

The Blue Mig-29A and S only have 1500kg of fuel to start with. I was fighting a guy on OB that was in the red mig29A. He said it had full fuel.

In the Mig29 1500kg of fuel doesn't seem like enough. That's a little over 3 minutes of flying at max wet thrust. I was wondering if the server admin could add some more fuel to the blue jets on both OB and stable.

Potential Ban!

Hi

I'd like to request info reference whether I have been banned from this server?

I'm not sure what I could have done to get it if I have however if I try and connect as Specter it bins me back to the server selection screen and if I connect as Specte it lets me straight in. I was on earlier tonight using my normal Specter but I only searched the player list then disconnected.

Please advise.

Regards

i7-10700K @ 5Ghz | Asus Z490 Tuf Pro Gaming | RTX 3090 | 64 Gb RAM @3.6Ghz | 1TB Samsung 970 EVO+ SSD | 1TB addlink S70 M.2 SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | 4TB HDD | Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Hi Jim !

Of course there is no ban involving you. Plus bans do not involve nick-names, only IDs.

I checked the logs on the OB server.

It seems there are two of you :

NET: rejecting 7: callsign 'Specter' is already used by [9].
The other Specter was in the server while you tried to login.

Cheers

🙂 Smile 🙂

Ah, that explains it thank you. And I thought I was so unique:)

i7-10700K @ 5Ghz | Asus Z490 Tuf Pro Gaming | RTX 3090 | 64 Gb RAM @3.6Ghz | 1TB Samsung 970 EVO+ SSD | 1TB addlink S70 M.2 SSD | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | 4TB HDD | Reverb G2 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | Thrustmaster TPR rudder pedals | Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

• 2 weeks later...