Setting up trackIr 5?

Having issues cant seem to move from my seat and move my head to look at panels to my right hand side when i do i can only zoom from where my head is in the center my fov does not change so i can use the panels like looking down at them like moving you're body to get a better look?

Sorry finding it hard to explain guys.

:joystick: YouTube :pilotfly:

TimeKilla on Flight Sims over at YouTube.

Im having a hard time getting completly warm with it for the same reasons...

1 thing that helped me a little with this issues was to align the center ir diode in the center of the window that says "camera" in my neutral position.

Another thing i noticed, Sun! my track IR was acting funny the past days and i thought "oh great now i need a new one" infact it was the IR that the sun emits that hit the room behind me, it went totaly crazy....

P.S.: Do i understand right that before you reach the huey panels your track IR looses connection?

Edited by ericoh

I map a Zoom in/out button on my HOTAS.

look at panel, press zoom in, do whatever, zoom out again. also works when doing gun runs :), instead of leaning forward, i just zoom in and take care of business.

Sometimes i suspend trackIR tracking when I play because it gets twitchy, but that's a lighting issue/material issue in my room.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

>>> TrackIR advice

As EtheralN said : Be prepared to give your Brain some time to build up some new nerve pathways/synapses in your cortex wink.gif. This has nothing to do witch your intelect - it's in some way more a biochemical learning process.

Some people will learn it in about a half hour - some must sleep it over...

So please don't be disappointed if you have first great difficulties in using this tool effective - it needs some patience and time, and forcing it will be counter-productive.

Getting a little dizzy and disorientated at first is absolute normal - it will soon become a second nature for you - so don't put it aside because of this (some folks did- and never touched it again...) -so make some pauses between your "learning sessions".

Please have a look at this video to understand how to fine tune it once you get used to the Head-Tracker (doing this tuning at the very first time will make you go insane! - you have been warned !!!smile.gif):

And please also read the manual that comes with it!!!

I saw so many postings about issues that could be easily solved when the posters would have read the manual beforehand - instead of hammering their questions into the keyboard !!

• Like 1

Setting up in camera view is essential as is eliminating background light. Move around in camera view and see if you are loosing any of the three lights. If so, adjust until they are strong thru all movements within reason. I assume you are using the Proclip, if not, highly recommend you get one.

Cooler Master HAF XB EVO , ASUS P8Z77-V, i7-3770K @ 4.6GHz, Noctua AC, 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro, EVGA 1080TI 11GB, 2 Samsung 840 Pro 540GB SSDs Raid 0, 1TB HDD, EVGA SuperNOVA 1300W PS, G930 Wireless SS Headset, TrackIR5/Wireless Proclip, TM Warthog, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, 75" Samsung 4K QLED, HP Reverb G2, Win 10