NAWDC, NSAWC, AGRS & More

Zer07

• 2 weeks later...

I love the weathered VF-45 one - thanks so much!

Modules: F-14A/B | M-2000C | AJS-37 | Mi-24P F/A-18C | A-10C II | F-16C | UH-1H | F-5E | Mi-8 | FC 3 | AV-8B | A-4E | Gazelle | Ka-50 | Yak-52 | CE2

Maps: Syria | Marianas | NTTR | Persian Gulf | Caucasus

Setup: Virpil WarBRD Base & VFX TM Warthog | Arozzi Velocita Stand | Monstertech Mount | MFG Crosswind | Cougar MFDs | VRInsight Panel | JetSeat 908 | TrackIR

@Tomcatter87 Gerne :thumbup:

@Santus

I have had no success with using color codes so far. Transferring them is not the problem, but the colors look completely different ingame and in the model viewer. The same if I want to transfer the colors from pictures with the pipette.

This has something to do with the quality, brightness and sunlight in the picture.

Therefore I have to estimate this myself, in this case I had difficulties to find the blue tones because they look a little different on every photo.

This does not necessarily help in deciding which tones to use. :photo:

The picture I have oriented myself on.

M7Xuh7R.thumb.jpg.6bd5639cd23ed521817c6956e00347cb.jpg

@Tomcatter87 Gerne :thumbup:

@Santus

I have had no success with using color codes so far. Transferring them is not the problem, but the colors look completely different ingame and in the model viewer. The same if I want to transfer the colors from pictures with the pipette.

This has something to do with the quality, brightness and sunlight in the picture.

Therefore I have to estimate this myself, in this case I had difficulties to find the blue tones because they look a little different on every photo.

This does not necessarily help in deciding which tones to use. :photo:

The picture I have oriented myself on.

[ATTACH]239912[/ATTACH]

Well what I do is use the federal standard codes (when I find them) and if I am not satisfied with the result, as in some cases they come a bit brighter than they are supposed to, I just slap a levels adjustment layer over them and fool around with that slightly. In the tomcat I went for a darker result by choice and I also used a vibrance adjustment since I was getting very vivid results but still the colors register as they should I believe...

Jqusghb.png

This way I believe you are closer to the actual color.

Color picking from a photo can drive me mad. I can pick at least 5 different bluish-gray from the image you shared!

Anyways, not saying that color picking is wrong and I really like your result. In some cases you can get good results, it is just a bit of gambling as I see it.

Edited by Santus

• 1 month later...

:thumbup:

Send lawyers, guns and money......... for the …. has hit the fan.

Windows 10 Home 64-bit | CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D 8-Core Processor | RAM: Corsair 32.0GB Dual-Channel | MOBO: ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING (AM4) | GPU: MSI G271CQP on NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3080 | SSD: Samsung SSD 860 EVO 2TB & Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 1TB for Gaming

CH Fightersick - Pro Throttle - Pro Pedals | Thrustmaster MFD Cougar x 3 | Buddy Fox A-10C UFC

image.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...