Open Beta, WTF are you talking about?

vanir

I feel like I should've been given full disclosure during pre-sale marketing that the normal everyday stable 2.5.5 that you don't need a NASA mainframe to get some FPS with won't actually be getting supercarrier module access until it's updated in well, maybe a year or two.

You seriously pre sold without mentioning it won't install, assuming some people don't like bugging up their PCs with beta shells?

That's really dishonest. Anyone ED related want to clear up exactly the **** is the deal here?

:)

I feel like I should've been given full disclosure during pre-sale marketing that the normal everyday stable 2.5.5 that you don't need a NASA mainframe to get some FPS with won't actually be getting supercarrier module access until it's updated in well, maybe a year or two.

You seriously pre sold without mentioning it won't install, assuming some people don't like bugging up their PCs with beta shells?

That's really dishonest. Anyone ED related want to clear up exactly the **** is the deal here?

Are you trolling or are you actually this daft?

Edited by Gat0 Loc0

LOL. It's in the product description on the store page. It's you're fault for not reading it. Also you wont have to wait a "year or two". Stable will get the carrier much sooner than that.

Sent from my SM-A530W using Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Amd Fx 8350 4.3 GHz - MSi Gtx 1060 6gb - 16gb DDR3

A-10C - AV8B - F-5E - Mig-21 - FC3 - CA - UH-1H - Black Shark - AJ3-37 - M-2000C - F-16C Viper - F-86F - Spitfire - Fw-190 - F/A-18C - F-14 - Normandy - NTTR - Persian Gulf

No deal. You have bought the release version that is not out yet. Part of this deal is access to the early access release, which comes to open beta first. You are welcome to install the open beta and accept the bugs/performance issues (it runs fine for me). If you want the cleaned up version, you can wait for the release version, which is what you paid for.

if you have the disk space, do get the OB. I've always toggled between the two, but I find myself in OB 99% of the time vs. the production install.

One word for SC, "awesome"!

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

That's really dishonest.

This one goes straight into the ignore list :thumbup:

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

"we will not play with you, because you are unusual"

In 1983 my state of the art Tandy computer from Radio Shack in todays money was over $3500

It was so I could run Microprose F-19. Cutting edge with lines for runways and triangles for mountains. Enabling the "advanced graphics" which was more dots, the machine choked and we had to wait for the 30 MHZ model.

Microsoft flight sim their longest running program with unlimited resources STILL had a resource buggy mess after 37 years. Then one of the largest military contractor got a hold of it and they ran into all the same problem.

Welcome to flight simming. If always being behind the tech curve and not being willing to tweak settings and understand ALL flight sims are a work in progress, sometimes DECADES, this might not be for you.

From two weeks ago:

Around 1984 I fell in love with flight sims so I seriously love ED too. Honestly, they can't really do wrong by me, I consider the money I've happily spent to be an absolute bargain for not just the quality of the product but also the sheer man-hours that I know full well goes into it. I've javascripted a little for IL2 SAAS mod version, I spent an entire year researching my Ta152C0/C3 flight models,

I cannot believe anyone who's been around DCS since 2008 is only NOW questioning why new modules being released on OB before stable.

Also there was a bright red indication on the SC product page with the following: Requires DCS World Open Beta version 2.5.6 or above!

Edited by Dagger71

Not their fault you didn't read the requirement. You should also know EVERYTHING comes out in Open Beta if its early access because they are not complete yet. You can install both if you wish or do as I do and just run OB its really not that bad. You can also switch between a single install with the updater but I don't know the parameter but its very easy once you know how.

To be fair, he may have purchased SC via Steam.

There is (still) no mention of open beta being a requirement on the Steam store page.

https://store.steampowered.com/app/1120305/DCS_Supercarrier/

ROG Z690 Hero ● i9-12900K 5.5GHz ● Giggy RTX 3090 OC ● 32GB 4800MHz ● Firecuda M.2s ● Reverb G2 ● Win11Pro //// A10CII ● AH64D ● AJS37 ● AV8BNA ● C101 ● CEII ● F16C ● F5EII ● F86F ● FA18C ● FC3 ● I16 ● KA50 ● M2000C ● MI8 ● P47D ● SA342 ● SPIT ● UH1H ● Y52

In 1983 my state of the art Tandy computer from Radio Shack in todays money was over $3500

It was so I could run Microprose F-19. Cutting edge with lines for runways and triangles for mountains. Enabling the "advanced graphics" which was more dots, the machine choked and we had to wait for the 30 MHZ model.

Microsoft flight sim their longest running program with unlimited resources STILL had a resource buggy mess after 37 years. Then one of the largest military contractor got a hold of it and they ran into all the same problem.

Welcome to flight simming. If always being behind the tech curve and not being willing to tweak settings and understand ALL flight sims are a work in progress, sometimes DECADES, this might not be for you.

I've shared your pain brother! JimJim is absolutely right. I've been flight simming since FS2000 and it has always been the most frustrating, heart breaking, wonderful hobby in PC simulation. Its the place where things are experimented with and so the place in which some things don't end up working quite as intended. Nevertheless, I have to tell you that contemporary modelling and creating of environment, especially in something like DCS is positively supernatural by comparison with how things were only a few years ago. And if there is something wrong, they will fix it reasonably quickly.