CCRP consistantly hitting long

Woody01

Not sure if I'm not setting it up correctly or if its a bug. We have been using CCRP in Auto mode over the last couple of weeks and it does not seem to matter what altitude bomb release is at they always fall long by about 200ft. I realise this is not as accurate a bombing method as CCIP but it should be closer than what we are seeing. The waypoint is as low as it will allow it to be set in mission editor (normally around 19ft on the islands in the gulf), bomb release is good, all lined up and in level flight and have tried from 4000- 10000ft and every time they drop long.

Am I not setting something correctly or is there a problem with the calculations?

The Flying Kiwis - Since ages ago...

Find us at https://www.simcentral.co.nz

Sydy thanks, I think the altitude is wrong, I cant set it any lower though. This will be one things that comes into play with any GBU's that are being implemented so we need to know the maths is right (and no, my maths is good but not that good) so I just hope its something I'm doing wrong and if it is please help me rectify my error, but I have tried CCRP in many different contexts and it is giving consistent results of 'long'.

Scarrrface The Flying Kiwis standard munition is the Mk83 for most jobs at this iteration of the FA18, fantastic general demolition bomb, so most of our data is with this munition, that's the thing, it is a very reliable munition so it should marry up to the Hornets systems seamlessly, I am not seeing this, but again is it something I am doing? Or a maths problem that would give most of us a headache?

The Flying Kiwis - Since ages ago...

Find us at https://www.simcentral.co.nz

In ccrp as Sydy wrote is crucial to set the QNH on the plane altimeter equal to the one specified by the mission editor in the weather tab.

In all my mission i set it to 30.30 and once on the plane i set it on the altimeter to match the value... never had precision problems since.

• 3 months later...

same problem here.

In mission editor: qnh 30.30, target alt: 33ft, waypoint exactly on target: impossible to set it lower than 98ft AGL or 131 ft MSL (i'm near the sea)

In F/A-18C: the waypoint is 39M (127 ft), qnh 30.30

Speed 375 knts, alt radar 560 ft

Bombs are 100/150 ft too longs (MK 82 SE, RET), if i set alt waypoint at 33f, it becomes better.

No problem with CCIP.

I toyed with this ages ago and reported it. I can't remember exactly what I discovered but I think I found at 350 kias at 5000 feet I was almost hitting dead on from a level CCRP drop. But if I change speed I would go long if faster, short if slower. If I stayed at 350 kias (probably should have noted TAS), and increased altitude I would drop long and if I lowered my altitude I would drop short. So yeah, basically CCRP wasn't working at all.

However, I did some CCRP drops with dive angles of 10-15 degrees and it helped a lot.