Enemy Within Campaign after New update

One of the guy in the other thread fix the issue by moving the spot where the F16 starts in mission 20 :

This sounds like a problem that has plagued 1.5 for quite some time before being fixed with 1.5.2 or 1.5.3. I'll see if I can replicate as well.

EDIT: Unfortunately, I just replicated. I'll create a new thread in the bugs subforum. Let's hope for the best. God this is becoming tiring. Here's the thread: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2835412#post2835412

EDIT: Fixed for Mission 20. Open the mission in the editor, and move the lead F-16 (Colt flight) from parking spot 10 to parking spot 12.

Just had the same experience in mission 2, A-10 pulled half way out and stopped.

Yeah, me too. Had to fly the whole route all by myself. I have no idea if I missed any other triggers or action in Mission 2. Nice sightseeing though :pilotfly:

Off to mission 3 hopefully I get to shoot something in that one. :)

I did some tests and unfortunately I can confirm the problems with taxi in several missions.

In Mission 20 the F16 just stops immediately after it starts to taxi.

In Mission 2 wingmen first refuse to taxi until I get to the active runway. Then they announce that they are taxiing, but after starting to turn into the wrong direction (the wind and take off bug again?) no2 will just stop and stay there.

I have also tested some of the missions for the upcoming M2000C campaign and the same thing happens, although more randomly it seems. In the campaign I sometimes use vehicles placed on the runway to force AI aircraft to stop before entering the active which before 1.5.4 worked perfectly well. Now in some missions it works as it did before (AI flight lead stops short of the vehicle, waits for player to take position behind him, the vehicle moves away, AI flight lead enters the active). Others, like the linked track, would make AI stop before entering the taxiway leading to the runway, thus breaking the mission... (LINK to Google Drive track for M5)

Now I was just about to submit the campaign and I hope that this will be fixed as a bug, otherwise I will have to rework large part of it.

BTW it would be great to have the ability to control the way AI planes taxi (which runway, where to stop etc.)

TEW M2 taxi bug.trk

TEW M20 taxi bug.trk

ce535d_9d347b62819c4372b3c485a4f95d2004~mv2.png

This is a major problem that should not happen with paid content.

I have not been able to play the campaign anymore since a month or more, waiting for a fix.

I do understand and appreciate all the you guys are doing and all the work that ED is going through but there should be a dedicated team to fix paid campaign related issues.

Just my thoughts.

Cheers,

e.

Kaby Lake @ 4.6Ghz - Gigabyte Z170-D3H - 16Gb DDR4 - Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 OC - Samsung EVO 250Gb SSD - Seagate 1 Tb HDD - HTC Vive - Rift CV1

In the campaign I sometimes use vehicles placed on the runway to force AI aircraft to stop before entering the active [...]

Haha, that's quite clever, gotta make a mental note for when I need it (in case this behavior gets restored, that is ;)).

BTW it would be great to have the ability to control the way AI planes taxi (which runway, where to stop etc.)

Agreed!

This is a major problem that should not happen with paid content.

I have not been able to play the campaign anymore since a month or more, waiting for a fix.

I do understand and appreciate all the you guys are doing and all the work that ED is going through but there should be a dedicated team to fix paid campaign related issues.

Just my thoughts.

Cheers,

e.

Have to agree with this, I know it isn't BD's fault at all, but this is more toward ED: When you release paid content like this and bugs that prevent it from working why wouldn't there be a hot fix to at least make them playable? We shouldn't have to wait multiple weeks while on the release version (I understand if this was the beta or alpha, but we are on release version here.).

• Like 1

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

I imagine it's because they have been focusing on 2.5 and everything will most likely have to be revamped for that. Rather 2.5 come quicker than make multiple fixes slowing process down. My opinion anyway.

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

I imagine it's because they have been focusing on 2.5 and everything will most likely have to be revamped for that. Rather 2.5 come quicker than make multiple fixes slowing process down. My opinion anyway.

Probably, but if you are gonna sell content you'd expect some support to ensure it works correctly. I know bugs are unavoidable and happen, but this has been broken since 1.5.3 on the stable release. A small hotfix just to correct the AI taxi bug would be good.

I am hearing that another big update (2.5?) is only "weeks" away... so there is that.

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

That is why I am waiting with my part of the update for the Enemy Within (see page 1 in bugs and problems thread, there are quite a few things to do) - but I want to do it on a stable release not to have to re-work stuff several times. Same goes for the MP missions which will come with that update.

That is why I am waiting with my part of the update for the Enemy Within (see page 1 in bugs and problems thread, there are quite a few things to do) - but I want to do it on a stable release not to have to re-work stuff several times. Same goes for the MP missions which will come with that update.

Yea, probably for the better, don't want to have to fix everything again. I have a "fool's hope" that the new ATC will be in soon and that is why this bug isn't being given high priority.

My Twitch Channel

~Moo

i might just be dumb, or i found a bug on the mission birds of prey. when i was fighting, i got the message that schafer was killed and to rtb, then just second later, he started talking on the radio. when i finished the mission, the debrief in the upper top right showed i rescued him and also that he died. when i looked at the line of things that died, he dosent show up. what is the debrief suposed to say if i do everything right.

i also want to know if how i do on missions affect the outcome of the campaign at all, like is it dynamic?

otherwise i am having a blast with the campaign so far!

Edited by Preston
Thought of something else to add.

Hey,

Yes, it is likely a bug, but a very rare one. With number of things happening in the mission and triggers attached to them it is almost impossible to get rid of this one. This only happens when Schaefer gets killed exactly in a very short period of time between two different flags kick in (S dead / S alive) - I believe it is precisely one second when one may still be valid and second will start working but not disabling the first one, if it makes sense. Which leads to situation when according to DCS S is both dead and alive in the same time.

When updating the campaign I will try to solve this - perhaps I am wrong and there is something wrong with other triggers which may cause this bug to show more often (though I didn't get reports about it I think yet).

Now on dynamic campaign - there is no dynamic campaign in DCS. You can make the campaign advance (or revert) to a number of predefined missions depending on your score (or to stay at the same stage if your score is 50). Originally I thought about using that but then I decided to have a linear campaign which would let player go through all 21 missions instead of having less missions but more varied campaign (good for replayability though!).

In the future campaigns I will make it semi - dynamic, so if for instance in M3 you don't take out that SAM convoy, in M4 you will first have to loiter and wait until SEAD takes care of it, as it has been deployed and poses a threat. This kind of thing.

I am glad you enjoy the campaign!

I only know about M20. Didn't have time to test all of them (and likely won't because from tomorrow till middle of August I will be away from my flying PC). I checked 2 and 20 which were reported so far...

I understand that the taxi issue has been reported to ED directly (also via RAZBAM, as this bug is affecting the M-2000C campaign which is ready and waiting for release).

• 2 weeks later...
i might just be dumb, or i found a bug on the mission birds of prey. when i was fighting, i got the message that schafer was killed and to rtb, then just second later, he started talking on the radio. when i finished the mission, the debrief in the upper top right showed i rescued him and also that he died. when i looked at the line of things that died, he dosent show up. what is the debrief suposed to say if i do everything right.

i also want to know if how i do on missions affect the outcome of the campaign at all, like is it dynamic?

otherwise i am having a blast with the campaign so far!

This same exact thing happened to me as well.

This same exact thing happened to me as well.

I'll put it in the bugtracker then and will try to do something about it, though as it requires specific timing of events it is not that easy to recreate. Thanks for letting me know!

Just came back from holidays, and completed (with a lot of sweat for the latest mission :p) the missions 20 & 21.

Bug for M20 is gone :)

THANKS A LOT BALTIC DRAGON FOR THIS SUPERB CAMPAIGN !!! :)

Can't wait for the 2000 C one :p

Thanks for the kind words. Can't wait for the M-2000C campaign to be out too, it is ready!

• 1 year later...

Hi Gents, having the same situation with Schaefer getting FUBAR'd in a nano second despite me "planning" ahead and doing everything I can kill everything before it's gets a shot off. I think its the tanks that immediately lock on and fire thus killing Ze German. Got to say - thoroughly enjoying this Campaign though.

EVGA GTX1080TISC2 Black Hybrid Cooler, Asus Strix X399, Water cooled ThreadRipper 1920X, Dominator 32GB 3200Mhz,NVME Samsung 250/500GB SSDs, Corsair Air 740 case, Acer Predator 34' Gsync curved display + 3x Alienware 23inch 120hz monitors. TM HOTAS, RAZER - Tiamat,Blackwidow, Mamba, Tartarus and Oculus Rift CV1/DK2 + TrackIR5, MFG crosswinds

Oh and a very understanding wife.

I am currently in the process of updating the campaign for 2.2, including working on this particular mission :) once I get it to work as intended though I will try to push it for 1.5 release. Sorry for the trouble, this tanks behavior must have been changed with one of the updates some time ago..

• 2 months later...
2.2 is that the merged version, with Caucasus and Nevada in one executable?

2.5 is the Merged version of 1.5 and 2.2. I am waiting until 2.5 to start this campaign. From what I experienced in the Mirage campaign, I can't wait to give this one a go too. Just have to remember to familiarize myself with the A10 fully again. Almost finished all the Maple flag BFQT missions which has been rough but forced me to practice and get better.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz