@DEVS topic suggestion

Bagpipe

So having witnessed yet another toxic reply to an innocent new users post and having been victim to the same sort of behaviours in the past when starting out i would like to ask something of the devs/mods.

When designing your new forum layout, could you incorporate a method of posting a question to ED which DOES NOT ALLOW other users to chip in with their tuppence worth? :doh:

(e.g. " If topic contains "@DEVS" close thread?? or something)

I get upset, as i am sure others do, when i see a new user (or any user really) asking what may appear a silly question to the more advanced users (or phallically challenged?) only for them to be shot down in flames and MOST LIKELY turned away from the forums, at least, and possibly the sim itself.

It can't be possible to be on top of every post made in real time and unfortunately, by the time the mods get to it, the damage has already been dealt.

So, let's come up with a solution to allow users to ask questions free from harm/

:smartass: The only silly question is the one which does not get asked :smartass:

Edited by Bagpipe

So having witnessed yet another toxic reply to an innocent new users post and having been victim to the same sort of behaviours in the past when starting out i would like to ask something of the devs/mods.

When designing your new forum layout, could you incorporate a method of posting a question to ED which DOES NOT ALLOW other users to chip in with their tuppence worth? :doh:

I get upset, as i am sure others do, when i see a new user (or any user really) asking what may appear a silly question to the more advanced users (or phallically challenged?) only for them to be shot down in flames and MOST LIKELY turned away from the forums, at least, and possibly the sim itself.

It can't be possible to be on top of every post made in real time and unfortunately, by the time the mods get to it, the damage has already been dealt.

So, let's come up with a solution to allow users to ask questions free from harm/

:smartass: The only silly question is the one which does not get asked :smartass:

While I do agree, we should always try and stay polite and mature in our reactions and treat everyone with respect, I also believe that before posting anything, the initiator should do at least some research before spitting out their anger and annoyances based on their own lack of knowledge. And if one decides to do so anyways, certain strong reactions can be expected... sorry, but that's just how internet forums works these days.

I've been around for quite some time on this forum and fortunately, normal questions are pretty much always returned with helpful answers.

When the topic starter isn't capable of counting to 10 before he or she starts ranting, that provokes people to give their own strong counter opinions.

But hey, that's just my $0.02

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

While I do agree, we should always try and stay polite and mature in our reactions and treat everyone with respect, I also believe that before posting anything, the initiator should do at least some research before spitting out their anger and annoyances based on their own lack of knowledge. And if one decides to do so anyways, certain strong reactions can be expected... sorry, but that's just how internet forums works these days.

I've been around for quite some time on this forum and fortunately, normal questions are pretty much always returned with helpful answers.

When the topic starter isn't capable of counting to 10 before he or she starts ranting, that provokes people to give their own strong counter opinions.

But hey, that's just my $0.02

Then let's stop allowing it to ruin peoples experience of the forum.

1. Other users will not see the post to get annoyed by it.

2. Customer service employees can communicate freely and directly to give the clearest response to people's questions, from an ED point of view

Win, Win?

But here i am back seat business managing after telling somebody not to back seat business manage just the other day :doh:

So you are asking for a forum where forum users are not allowed to respond? Sorry, but that kinda defeats the purpose of a forum. Maybe PM the mods or contact customer support instead?

Of course, answers should be given in a polite, friendly and heartwarming manner, but that also applies to the OP and his question. What usually causes rather unpolite answers is, if a new user is not asking a question on something he doesn't understand, but instead comes in, bursting through the door, claiming things to be wrong ("the A-10 needs AMRAAMs ASAP!"), when it actually is correct the way it is.

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

So you are asking for a forum where forum users are not allowed to respond? Sorry, but that's not really the purpose of a forum. Maybe PM the mods or contact customer support instead?

Of course, answers should be given in a polite, friendly and heartwarming manner, but that also applies to the OP and his question. What usually causes rather unpolite answers is, if a new user is not asking a question on something he doesn't understand, but instead comes in, bursting through the door, claiming things to be wrong ("the A-10 needs AMRAAMs ASAP!"), when it actually is correct the way it is.

Ignorance is bliss

This is not an isolated incident regarding A10s and SPAMRAAAAAAMs my man.

This is a bigger issue and one which i believe limits EDs audience

... I also believe that before posting anything, the initiator should do at least some research before spitting out their anger and annoyances based on their own lack of knowledge.

+1

I fully agree with your view.

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Ignorance is bliss

This is not an isolated incident regarding A10s and SPAMRAAAAAAMs my man.

This is a bigger issue and one which i believe limits EDs audience

I don't want to argue with you, because in general I do agree with you about treading each other with respect, but...

I think, compared to what I see on some of the other forums, people on this forum are quite forgiving actually :smilewink:

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Well, there is already ticketing system where only ED staff answer to your questions. Do we really need parallel system that serves the same purpose?

Honestly, since i joined the community i have never heard of or experienced said system.

Everyone is calling for a one stop shop for information and communication so i guess this incorporation would assist with that and render the ticket system obsolete?

Anyway, it's a suggestion which the mods/devs can contemplate.

'nuff said:)

Edited by Bagpipe

Honestly, since i joined the community i have never heard of or experienced said system.

Here you go: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/

Alternatively just send a PM to one of the moderators.

:)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

Then let's stop allowing it to ruin peoples experience of the forum.

1. Other users will not see the post to get annoyed by it.

2. Customer service employees can communicate freely and directly to give the clearest response to people's questions, from an ED point of view

Win, Win?

But here i am back seat business managing after telling somebody not to back seat business manage just the other day :doh:

I think what you are referring to is called an email. Just send the enquiry to the developers while completely bypassing the forum In it’s entirety.

Any other problems you need any assistance with, please, don’t hesitate to ask.

:music_whistling::music_whistling::music_whistling:

I don't want to argue with you, because in general I do agree with you about treading each other with respect, but...

I think, compared to what I see on some of the other forums, people on this forum are quite forgiving actually :smilewink:

I agree, 100%, and despite all-pylon- spamraam a-10's misdirection, I'm glad he posted here rather than Hoggit

Still one thing about human nature is the tone of the reply is generally very reflective of the tone of the original querry or declarative statement

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

and a complaint thread is supposed to make it better? lets stop with this before it gets out of hand.

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM |Virpil TCS+ AH64D grip + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

My wallpaper and skins

I think what you are referring to is called an email. Just send the enquiry to the developers while completely bypassing the forum In it’s entirety.

Any other problems you need any assistance with, please, don’t hesitate to ask.

:music_whistling::music_whistling::music_whistling:

:doh::doh::doh:

TL;DR: ED please protect "grown-ups" with emotional capabilities of a six year old from being offended by mean interwebs bullies so they never ever learn to cope with "challenging feelings"™.

:State of western society 2020 meme:

edit: if being mean on the interwebs keeps kids crying for 120s on hogs out, im all in.

Edited by Kailux

Gone for good.

Everyone is calling for a one stop shop for information and communication so i guess this incorporation would assist with that and render the ticket system obsolete?

'nuff said:)

Or the existing system renders your suggestion redundant?

In all reality, doesn't matter what system is in place, people -especially those new to the forum- are going to use what's easiest, whether it's the most appropriate or not. What's easiest is to post publicly, no matter how many safeguards they provide

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] DCS: The most expensive free game you'll ever play

Modules: All of them

System:

I9-9900k, ROG Maximus , 32gb ram, RTX2070 Founder's Edition, t16000,hotas, pedals & cougar MFD, HP Reverb 1.2, HTC VIVE

and a complaint thread is supposed to make it better? lets stop with this before it gets out of hand.

It would certainly tidy up alot of threads and make information more accessible for all.

Half the time you see a question asked on this forum you have to scrawl through 10 pages of nonsense and backhand before you find anything worth noting.

It's not just defending the {SPAMRAAAAAMers} but tidying things up.

But here i am dumping chaff like a mofo just for even suggesting something besides the status quo. :director::chair::banned::fear::fear::fear::fear::surrender:

Edited by Bagpipe

Here you go: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/support/

Alternatively just send a PM to one of the moderators.

:)

I guess because the forum is the go to place for information and learning most people like to just post here instead.

Plus any time i wander onto the main DCS site my wallet seems to lighten significantly :smilewink:

Edited by Bagpipe

TL;DR: ED please protect "grown-ups" with emotional capabilities of a six year old from being offended by mean interwebs bullies so they never ever learn to cope with "challenging feelings"™.

:State of western society 2020 meme:

edit: if being mean on the interwebs keeps kids crying for 120s on hogs out, im all in.

Is it a bird, is it a plane, NOPE just my point flying way over your head :thumbup:

]Half the time you see a question asked on this forum you have to scrawl through 10 pages of nonsense and backhand before you find anything worth noting.[/b]

If a proper question is being asked, proper answers will be given, like here for example: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4339022

Ranting about missing AMRAAMs for an A-10 on the other hand is not what I consider "asking a question" and gets a different kind of responses obviously.

Tornado3 small.jpg

If a proper question is being asked, proper answers will be given, like here for example: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4339022

Not always true unfortunately mate. Often the information is hard to get at. Very often things get personal and out of order very fast and i don't think it would be a hard thing for ED to manipulate the forum away from. Maybe temporary banning is an option? I wouldn't like that but if it is easier and gets a point across then... yeah? :huh:

Not everybody has the same skill, knowledge or IQ level unfortunately. Some are challenged with additional support needs and some do not speak english natively so do not come across as intended......etc

I guess i am just banging my head against the wall of humanity now though huh :doh:

Comments as above about condoning online bullying to keep simpler minds out is just not on and solidifies my point that systems need put in place/managed more efficiently.

Ramble ramble ramble....

Not always true unfortunately mate. Often the information is hard to get at. Very often things get personal and out of order very fast and i don't think it would be a hard thing for ED to manipulate the forum away from. Maybe temporary banning is an option? I wouldn't like that but if it is easier and gets a point across then... yeah? :huh:

ED is already (temporarily) suspending posting rights for people that show disrespectful behaviour.

Not everybody has the same skill, knowledge or IQ level unfortunately. Some are challenged with additional support needs and some do not speak english natively so do not come across as intended......etc

Of course, missunderstandings because of these things do happen unfortunately. Sometimes its just stubborn ignorrance though.

I guess i am just banging my head against the wall of humanity now though huh :doh:

Maybe a bit. Criticsm must still be allowed if it's valid and doesn't get personal. This is not the hippie flower wonder land after all ;)

Tornado3 small.jpg