Introducing the VPC MongoosT-50

Cyph3r

17th January 2017 // Announcement No. 06

► VPC Pre-Orders Now Open! (And a Special Announcement!)

VPC are now accepting pre-orders!

Available to pre-order:

• VPC MongoosT-50 Grip & TMW Adapter

• VPC TMW Extension (50mm/75mm/100mm)

• VPC Desk Mount

- TMW Mounting Plates (Base and Throttle)

We are offering a huge 15% discount for our pre-order customers. VPC Founders Club Members also receive an additional 5% discount on all purchases - including pre-orders! Sign up at http://www.virpil.com before February 1st to join.

We would also like to remind all our pre-order customers that liking and following the VirPil Controls Facebook page will automatically enter you into our prize draw for a chance to win your pre-order!

All pre-order customers will be contacted in the near future to confirm their order.

https://virpil.com/en/preorder

Pre-orders close on 31.01.2017!

**SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT**

Due to a high volume of requests - and our determination to provide the Flight Sim community with the best solutions possible, VPC are very pleased to announce we will be providing a TMW Grip adapter and cams set for the VPC MongoosT-50 base!

The TMWM Grip adapter and cams set will be available in March just in time for the release of the VPC MongoosT-50 base!

Stay tuned for more info at http://www.virpil.com

Edited by Cyph3r

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

For support please email support@virpil.com to open a ticket!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great decision to provide an adapter for the Warthog.:thumbup:

I7 6700K, Asus Z170 Pro Gaming, EVGA GTX1080Ti SC, 32GB DDR4 @ 3000, Win10 64, BenQ EW3270ZL 2560x1440, VPC WarBRD Base + TM Warthog Grip, TM Warthog Throttle, MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals, Oculus Rift S

Great decision to provide an adapter for the Warthog.:thumbup:

Agreed! Makes my decision tougher now...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

That doesn't say there's a physical button; it means you can configure the axis to act as an axis or as a key press through their software.

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!

That doesn't say there's a physical button; it means you can configure the axis to act as an axis or as a key press through their software.

I can assure you there is a physical button inside the grip, I've seen the drawings with my own eyes plus the designers of the stick/VPC have publicly stated as much when I and others asked.

The button is actuated at the end of the brake lever travel, similarly to how Warthog pinky paddle actuated, except this button is internal and a projected 'heel' strikes it and the mechanism is hidden from view. The entire lever travel is picked up by a potentiometer as well, but unless on the VPC base there is nothing to process the signal however the button stays active in either case.

Well, a Shift Register board based on 3x CD4021 - like in TMW - is able to handle 24 buttons.

IN TMW is used 23, in T-50 seems 20 - considering the lever only a axis - so are more 4 buttons position possible to use.

For TMW base - due their axis limitation - is more cheap ad a extra switch pressed be lever simultaneous with pot than add a circuit for convert the analog input in (digital) button press.

But his is easy to do, was used for POV HAT in old TM FCS, due gameport buttons limitations the HAT is connected to a axis, though resistors dividing this axis in bands, the controller firmware translate this bands in HAT movements.

Today even the cheap MMJoy2 controller can handle up to 120 buttons.

Available to pre-order:

• VPC MongoosT-50 Grip & TMW Adapter

• VPC TMW Extension (50mm/75mm/100mm)

• VPC Desk Mount

- TMW Mounting Plates (Base and Throttle)

So I can't preorder the whole HOTAS right now? Which is the only thing that would make sense for me :(

Mancher zum Meister sich erklärt, dem nie das Handwerk ward gelehrt!

You could preorder the available parts now at a discount and buy the base later. Or you wait until the complete package is available and miss out on the discount.

As there is currently no info about delivery cost, customs and VAT, I will not preorder.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

Hi guys!

Regarding the MongoosT-50 brake lever, it is an axis only, no physical button is present. But is it interpreted as a button by the TM Warthog base and can be configured as an axis/button on the MongoosT-50 base!

So I can't preorder the whole HOTAS right now? Which is the only thing that would make sense for me :(

That's correct. Currently as the MongoosT-50 base is not available until March, we are offering our grip with a large pre-order discount and bundling it with an adapter to use it with the TM Warthog base!

People who pre-order the MongoosT-50 grip will also be first in line for the MongoosT-50 base and receive preferential pricing!

You could preorder the available parts now at a discount and buy the base later. Or you wait until the complete package is available and miss out on the discount.

As there is currently no info about delivery cost, customs and VAT, I will not preorder.

It is free to be added onto the pre-order list. We will be contacting all pre-order customers in the near future to confirm all details.

The prices are excluding customs and local taxes. In the future we will be opening additional distribution centers, the first of which will be in the EU and prices will be adjusted accordingly.

At first we will be shipping from Belarus via EMS. I'll be able to confirm the weights/shipping info etc etc in the near future so this will all become clear before payment is taken!

Edited by Cyph3r

► Website: www.virpil.com // ► Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/VirPilControls // ► Twitter: https://twitter.com/VirPilControls

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi guys!

Regarding the MongoosT-50 brake lever, it is an axis only, no physical button is present. But is it interpreted as a button by the TM Warthog base and can be configured as an axis/button on the MongoosT-50 base!

That's correct. Currently as the MongoosT-50 base is not available until March, we are offering our grip with a large pre-order discount and bundling it with an adapter to use it with the TM Warthog base!

People who pre-order the MongoosT-50 grip will also be first in line for the MongoosT-50 base and receive preferential pricing!

It is free to be added onto the pre-order list. We will be contacting all pre-order customers in the near future to confirm all details.

The prices are excluding customs and local taxes. In the future we will be opening additional distribution centers, the first of which will be in the EU and prices will be adjusted accordingly.

At first we will be shipping from Belarus via EMS. I'll be able to confirm the weights/shipping info etc etc in the near future so this will all become clear before payment is taken!

Does it use a pot with a rotary momentary switch built into it or is this something that is processed on the pcb? Having looked at the drawing again I see it was the lower spring catch I thought was a microswitch is really just part of the grip body.

Regarding the VPC Mongoos T-50 Base & Mechanics, from the Virpil website: "The maximum stick deflection is 15º+15º on both axes which provides a sufficient travel range for high levels of accuracy without compromising practicality".

Now this seems perfect for center mounted use with an extension, but does this seem enough deflection to use this base/gimbal with a side mounted stick/no extended handle?

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

Hello Cypher,

is there MongoosT-50 grip without Warthog adapter and electronics to buy?

I want to build the with a Leo Bodnar, or similar controller, to a Microsoft SideWinder FFB2.

What are additional costs (taxes, shipping costs) when the handle is delivered to germany?

Micha

Simpit Software by SDA "SIMPIT DEVELOPER ASSOCIATION"

• DCS ExportScript
  • D.A.C. DCS to Arcaze Communicator
  • Ikarus a new Virtual Cockpit Software

Deutscher Forums Thread

English Forums Thread

Hard/Software: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X, 32 GiB RAM, extra SSD for Windows 10 and DCS World, AMD Vega Frontier Edition with 16 GiB VRAM

Does it use a pot with a rotary momentary switch built into it or is this something that is processed on the pcb? Having looked at the drawing again I see it was the lower spring catch I thought was a microswitch is really just part of the grip body.

Nope no switch, it's processed by the PCB. There's quite a bit of clever electrical wizardry going on thanks to mega_mozg!

So, the grip + TMW adapter allows you to use the grip on the warthog base? Would this then also work on the BRD-N with WH adapter which the WH grip directly attaches to and works with?

I can't say for sure as I don't have a BRD base to test with. I've passed this on to our engineers who should be able to provide a solid answer soon!

Regarding the VPC Mongoos T-50 Base & Mechanics, from the Virpil website: "The maximum stick deflection is 15º+15º on both axes which provides a sufficient travel range for high levels of accuracy without compromising practicality".

Now this seems perfect for center mounted use with an extension, but does this seem enough deflection to use this base/gimbal with a side mounted stick/no extended handle?

As the VPC MongoosT-50 is designed to be a high-end, professional flightstick, you've correctly stated that it is perfect for center mounting with an extension!

However, I don't feel as though the stick is hindered in anyway when used as a sidestick or without the extension. Of course there is an element of subjectivity and personal preference with these things!

Hello Cypher,

is there MongoosT-50 grip without Warthog adapter and electronics to buy?

I want to build the with a Leo Bodnar, or similar controller, to a Microsoft SideWinder FFB2.

What are additional costs (taxes, shipping costs) when the handle is delivered to germany?

Micha

Unfortunately the VPC MongoosT-50 grip will not be sold without the electronics.

I will PM you some estimates on the shipping to prevent this thread getting flooded with shipping estimates to different countries!

More solid figures on shipping etc will be confirmed with all our pre-order customers in the near future.

Edited by Cyph3r

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Hi

Really interested in this product. Will there be any video's published showing features ?

Especially how the Dual-stage Trigger and Folding Trigger work and are recognized ?

Thanks

+1 :)

L'importante non è stabilire se uno ha paura o meno, è saper convivere con la propria paura e non farsi condizionare dalla stessa. Ecco, il coraggio è questo, altrimenti non è più coraggio ma incoscienza.

Currently as the MongoosT-50 base is not available until March, we are offering our grip with a large pre-order discount and bundling it with an adapter to use it with the TM Warthog base!

Is this the only TM Warthog adapter that is planned? Or will there be an adaptor to go the other way, i.e. use the TM Warthog handle on the Mongoos base?

Apologies if this has already been answered, I haven't been through the whole thread yet.

Hi

Really interested in this product. Will there be any video's published showing features ?

Especially how the Dual-stage Trigger and Folding Trigger work and are recognized ?

Thanks

We'll be working on getting a video together very soon!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Would it be possible, in one of your future videos, to show a demonstration of the 15º stick deflection? Someone's hand moving the stick through a full forward and back, then side to side travel would be great.

CPU: i7 980x @ 4.2GHz RAM: 24gb Corsair Vengeance

MB: Gigabyte Sniper X58 w/onboard Soundblaster X-Fi

HD: SanDisk 480gb SSD OS: Win7 Pro 64bit

VIDEO CARD: EVGA GTX 980ti FTW

MONITOR: LG 34" Ultrawide 2560x1080

MP SERVER: ibuypower i7-4810MQ w/Win7 Home 64bit

GEAR: Saitek X-52 Pro; Combat Rudder Pedals; Throttle Quadrants. Thrustmaster MFD's, TrackIR 5 w/Pro Clip, Turtle Beach X-12 Headset

So, the grip + TMW adapter allows you to use the grip on the warthog base? Would this then also work on the BRD-N with WH adapter which the WH grip directly attaches to and works with?

+1 would like to know

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

+1 would like to know

Baur now is using Shift Register in their KG13-B grip:

http://avia-sim.ru/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=897&p=30217#p30214

So this grip can be used "PnP" in Warthog base, and in other way Warthog grip can be used "PnP" in BRD bases.

This theoretically make T-50 (that is Warthog base compatible) compatible with BRD base.

Baur option (notice that he not test in practice): "If it (T-50 grip) will work with the joystick Warthog, then their joysticks BRD too."

What can complicated is use T-50 in VKB base due their digital protocol and 3 pin connector, but maybe TWM (electronic) adapter do the trick in T-50 grip. Let's see someone test.

Will be a smart move from VirPil if they make this T-50 grip compatible with many bases = sell more grips. :thumbup:

Edited by Sokol1_br