Su-27 still pitching up even after trimming nose all the way down

Pronin

So I've noticed lately that the SU-27 will still climb even after trimming all the way down. I'll have trimmed the stick as far forward as I can and the nose still pitches up

It happens at faster speeds, around 800km/h+ and more specifically when under 2000-3000 meters.

Once you get to higher altitude I don't have this issue, only when flying low and slow. Anyone else have this issue? Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: I just tested it to make sure. At 1000km/h indicated, at 1500meters, I'm pitching up even with full nose down trim.

Edited by Pronin

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think thats normal in high speed. Try reducing speed would help. Or get yourself force feedback joystick which have trim button and say good bye to trimming :D

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

I think thats normal in high speed. Try reducing speed would help. Or get yourself force feedback joystick which have trim button and say good bye to trimming :D

Sent from my A1601 using Tapatalk

:doh:

So I've noticed lately that the SU-27 will still climb even after trimming all the way down. I'll have trimmed the stick as far forward as I can and the nose still pitches up

It happens at faster speeds, around 800km/h+ and more specifically when under 2000-3000 meters.

Once you get to higher altitude I don't have this issue, only when flying low and slow. Anyone else have this issue? Am I doing something wrong?

Edit: I just tested it to make sure. At 1000km/h indicated, at 1500meters, I'm pitching up even with full nose down trim.

It is possible to run in to the limit of the trim system, but the only times I've experienced it have been at higher speeds than 800 Km/h. Normally you have to be in burner at under 1,000m. Not sure why you're getting it at that speed. Try resetting the trim (hold down ctrl-T for several seconds) and see if it still happens.

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

Anyone else have this issue? Am I doing something wrong?

Nope, never had that issue. Have you checked if perhaps any of your other buttons maps to that trimmer unbeknownst to you and affects it somehow?

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

So I've noticed lately that the SU-27 will still climb even after trimming all the way down...

I don't think that's new. Just something I've never given a 2nd thought, since I'm normally not operating at those speeds at those lower altitudes. I run out of trim at about 950-960 IAS @ 1500. From that point on, though, it doesn't take much stick pressure to maintain level flight.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

I don't think that's new. Just something I've never given a 2nd thought, since I'm normally not operating at those speeds at those lower altitudes. I run out of trim at about 950-960 IAS @ 1500. From that point on, though, it doesn't take much stick pressure to maintain level flight.

The problem is that even at 3000 meters and around 1000km/h which is what I usually cruise around at, its still pitching up. Its just annoying to have to keep the stick forward at all times or use the autopilots autolevel.

I don't remember ever having to do this before.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The problem is that even at 3000 meters and around 1000km/h which is what I usually cruise around at, its still pitching up. Its just annoying to have to keep the stick forward at all times or use the autopilots autolevel.

I don't remember ever having to do this before.

Guess it's never bothered me that much, since all it requires is a light touch on the stick to hold level. Even letting it go momentarily doesn't result in much altitude change on my end.

I've noticed it for a long time. So it's definitely been around. Perhaps from the start. Like I said, it's just never bothered me. If I'm that low, I'm paying attention. If I'm cruising along at 12,000 meters watching the ground go by, it's a non-issue and I'm free to get a cup of coffee before anything starts to go awry. :)

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

Just to be clear, are we all testing this on 1.5.7 or 2.1.x?

System Spec: Cooler Master Cosmos C700P Black Edition case. | AMD 5950X CPU | MSI RTX-3090 GPU | 32GB HyperX Predator PC4000 RAM | | TM Warthog stick & throttle | TrackIR 5 | Samsung 980 Pro NVMe 4 SSD 1TB (boot) | Samsung 870 QVO SSD 4TB (games) | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

Personal wish list: DCS: Su-27SM & DCS: Avro Vulcan.

Its been there from day one Su-27 PFM was out. The question is if it is realistic that you dont have more down-trim authority after 950-960. I find it very irritating.

Another thing is that if you trim down you dont have full authority to pull up, you need to go trim reset to get it, dont know if that realistic as well?

Teknetinium 2017.jpg
                        51st PVO Discord SATAC YouTube

Another thing is that if you trim down you dont have full authority to pull up, you need to go trim reset to get it, dont know if that realistic as well?

Thats just a limitation of not having an ffb stick. its either losing full gimbal or having full gimbal and loosing accuracy. Its present in every aircraft in dcs.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I believe that there is nothing wrong with the trim system nor the flight characteristics of the jet. If you're light and fast you probably will have to push the stick forward a bit even with full down trim. It's just fine, but ask a Flanker pilot if you can find one.

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...