Graphics help please

Nope and if the gain is to minimum to switch. Wait for the next generation probarbly in 6 months. Prediction of rumors less cost. 50 percent gain 50 percent lower energy use. But we must wait for further news. :D

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 128 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, MSI RTX 4090, Corsair H150 Pro RGB, 2xSamsung 970 EVO 2Tb, 2xsamsung 970 EVO 1 TB, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional 2, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

It would be helpful to know more of your system and if you run on a single display or on a multi display system. The higher the resolution, the better the higher amount of RAM is. I came from a 1070 (8GB) and now own a 1080Ti. The memory is completely filled and I have a triple screen setup (3x27", 7680x1440). With MSI Afterburner you can easily check the utilization of your actual card and judge if it would be worth it.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D, MSI MPG X570 Gaming Plus, 64GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3600 CL16, Asus TUF Gaming RTX 4080 OC, Windows 10 64bit Home Premium, TrackIR 5 with TrackClip: Pro!, Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base + TM Warthog Stick + 7cm extension + WINWING Orion 2 with F-15EX grips, Cougar MFDs with 8" displays, Saitek Rudder Pedals, Samsung Odyssey G9 49" 5120x1440 @120 Hz

It would be helpful to know more of your system and if you run on a single display or on a multi display system. The higher the resolution, the better the higher amount of RAM is. I came from a 1070 (8GB) and now own a 1080Ti. The memory is completely filled and I have a triple screen setup (3x27", 7680x1440). With MSI Afterburner you can easily check the utilization of your actual card and judge if it would be worth it.

Hi thanks , i have a i7 8700 cpu 3,20ghz memory 32 gb i think ill keep the 2070 from the advice above and wait till something else comes out, also i am thinking of changinng most of my ps now to a AMD proc 3700x . Thanks for getting back to me.

Hi thanks , i have a i7 8700 cpu 3,20ghz memory 32 gb i think ill keep the 2070 from the advice above and wait till something else comes out, also i am thinking of changinng most of my ps now to a AMD proc 3700x . Thanks for getting back to me.

Unless you want to do rendering and video editing going from a 8700 to a 3700X wouldn't really be an upgrade. An 8700K is a good chip and still beats a 3700X in most gaming benchmarks and won't really get you a performance bump in DCS for 60 fps using TrackIR.

Wait till the build season in November/December when there will be new chips out from Intel and AMD. New graphics cards should be out before then if Nvidia sticks to their typical timeline. New graphics cards are in the works from AMD as well so hopefully prices will be relatively reasonable.

https://www.pcgamer.com/best-cpu-for-gaming/

Unless you want to do rendering and video editing going from a 8700 to a 3700X wouldn't really be an upgrade. An 8700K is a good chip and still beats a 3700X in most gaming benchmarks and won't really get you a performance bump in DCS for 60 fps using TrackIR.

Wait till the build season in November/December when there will be new chips out from Intel and AMD. New graphics cards should be out before then if Nvidia sticks to their typical timeline. New graphics cards are in the works from AMD as well so hopefully prices will be relatively reasonable.

https://www.pcgamer.com/best-cpu-for-gaming/

Thanks , i have gone for a intel i7 9700 for now as i got it on a deal! will stick with graphics card for a little longer like you said thanks for your help.

Nice! 9700 is a good chip for gaming. Can't really go wrong there. There's still a lot of demand for the 8700 so you should be able to get a decent price for it on Ebay or Craigslist. Lots of budget builders out there just waiting for people who just upgraded to sell their used stuff. Have fun!