Fight for Honor tournament

BIGNEWY

• ED Team

Fight for Honor Enrollment is Open

In support of Folds of Honor and in cooperation with DCS World Events, Thrustmaster, and C.W. Lemoine, we are happy to support the Fight for Honor charity event.

Enrollment

Pick any aircraft and dogfight 1 v 1 (guns only) against other players across the world in this charity event to support the fallen and their families. DCS pilots will fight for the opportunity to fly in DCS with real F/A-18 and F-16 fighter pilots C.W. "Mover" Lemoine or Trevor "Gonky" Hartsock. All proceeds of this event will benefit Folds of Honor

Opening day rounds will take place later on September 7th and on the following day, September 8th. Closing tournament rounds will then be taking place the weekend of the 28th and 29th. Participants will be flying multiple times on each day as long as they continue to win.

Age requirements: 18 | Registration is now open and will last until 5 Sept 2019 | Registration fee is $20 USD

You must have an account already registered on dcs-world.com before registering. Join the DCS Discord for more detailed info about the tournament. Upon registration, users must select any official DCS aircraft they will be flying with throughout the tournament. The free modules are allowed. Registrants will submit their information into the FOH website and a CSV will be compiled and sent to DCS World Events. Registrants will be contacted with their time slots.

• 1st place DCS flight with C.W. Lemoine, Thrustmaster F/A-18C HOTAS Add-on Grip, and F-16 Module or DCS module from Eagle Dynamics module of choosing
  • 2nd place DCS flight with Gonky, DCS module from Eagle Dynamics of choosing
  • 3rd Place DCS module from Eagle Dynamics of choosing

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

At what point do we select our module? The reg page says "upon registration" but theres nothing beyond that.

Module selection is done when you fly your first match. Whatever you choose to fly that match with will be what you finish the competition with. Therefore, you are free to change your mind as much as you want up until you hit the fly button for match number 1 of your journey through Fight of Honor.

• 2 weeks later...

Question..: I signed up for the turnament on day 1 and recived one e-mail with a confirmation and a little bit of information that say.

Any questions about the tournament should be directed to Ryan Charpentier at xxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Your next step as a participant is to watch the Splash One Gaming Fight for Honor webpage (https://splashonegaming.com/foh) for your first match details

---------------------

Today 25 days later there are no info avaliable as far as i know.

I looked on the link above, and the discord.. I also looked at dcs discord but cannot find any specific page for it either.

I was just wondering if everything is okay, and when can we expect to get info about what time to show up, IP address of teamspeak and other releavant tournament information. ?

Thanks for info.

( my name in competition = delle )

Question..: I signed up for the turnament on day 1 and recived one e-mail with a confirmation and a little bit of information that say.

Any questions about the tournament should be directed to Ryan Charpentier at xxxxxxx@xxxxxxxxxxxx

Your next step as a participant is to watch the Splash One Gaming Fight for Honor webpage (https://splashonegaming.com/foh) for your first match details

---------------------

I looked on the link above, and the discord.. I also looked at dcs discord but cannot find any specific page for it either.

I was just wondering if everything is okay, and when can we expect to get info about what time to show up, IP address of teamspeak and other releavant tournament information. ?

Thanks for info.

There will be more information coming in the next day or 2. We were giving people some time to signup before we started formulating times as we were not sure how much time would need to be allocated to get all the matches in for each round. At this point though assume a starting time around 1800 Zulu +-.

What did he say here after "guns kill" ?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Means what?

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

---------------------

Thanks for info.

You're not the only one confused. I found the FOH site confusing. After buying into the event to support veterans I was directed to the https://splashonegaming.com/foh/ which gives two options... FOH or Sign-Up. Felt like I was stuck in a loop with the site not having access for anyone who'd already purchased a ticket for the event.

The email also gave the same splashone FOH link.

Now we're into September and the links are dead and I tried emailing ryan via the emailing link today but the email bounces back as out of action.

Joined the discord server for splashOne gaming but can't see any info for the event there.

Not complaining... it's just all new to me so I'm finding it confusing :)

Edited by grammaton_feather

• ED Team

Hi grammaton_feather

I have sent a message to M0ltar one of the organisers, you should get a reply soon.

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Does anyone know if the tournament will be streamed. Also can participants stream their POV?

The opening rounds will not be streamed the same day as they take place. You are free to stream your POV if you wish while flying.

Hello,

Signed up for the Tournament, got the mail and all but I cant see my name in the Roster in the splashonegaming.com/foh page.

How do I know what time I fight and all?

Any Team Speak Link?

Thnx

There will be an update to the schedule tonight. I update the schedule yesterday, but if you signed up last night or today you will not have a flight yet. There will be an update email that comes out tonight that will have Discord information as well as links to the updated schedule. Just waiting on FOH to send me the latest signup list after registration officially closes so that I can get everyone on as its not an automatic process.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems like lots of fun. I've watched Mover's vid showing a Mirage2k mixing it up with a Hornet... One of the commentators pointed out that the only way the Hornet could win was by staying at corner a/s. Sounds reasonable.

Here is a nice footage of an F16 trying this approach. Well, it didn't quite work out but that was just an air show:smilewink: It does show the Mirage's insane instantaneous turn rate.

Uploaded today:

This round is going live with "Mover" CW Lemoine in just a few minutes:

http://splashonegaming.com/foh/

System: IBP Snowblind, i7-9700k, Zotac RTX2080Ti, 32GB DDR4 , Samsung 970 Plus 1TB M.2 NVMe, WD 1TB, Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog HOTAS, TM T.Flight Pedals, TM MFD's, Buddyfox A10C UFC

Modules/Maps: F/A-18C, A10C, UH-1H, F-15, F5, P51, F14, Caucasus, NTTR, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria

Here is a nice footage of an F16 trying this approach. Well, it didn't quite work out but that was just an air show:smilewink: It does show the Mirage's insane instantaneous turn rate.

Uploaded today:

I was there (at AFW). Every year!

I am thrilled every time, watching M2K-5 vs F-16!

Feel the need, the need for speed forum.jpg

I feel the need...the need for speed. Highway...to the danger zone. Gonna take you right into the danger zone.

MB ASUS Z97 Pro Gamer, CPU i5 4690, GPU MSI GTX 970 4GB, RAM Corsair Vengeance blue 24GB, SSD Samsung EVO 860 500GB, T16000M FCS Hotas, PS3 cam with Opentrack.

• ED Team

I enjoyed watching some of the rounds, some great competitors out there.

Well done to everyone who has participated, a great cause.