PBO_CEF what should I edit in Tomcat over Caucasus to have a hotstart on the carrier?

Tried changing the line ['hotstart'] = false in camp_status.lua but it was still a cold start. Maybe I should run SkipMission.bat after the edit?

Sorry it never worked for me :(

A friend ( Miguel ) is trying to work on Intercept_hotstart ... I will try to ask him to see for hotstart too:music_whistling:

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version

DCE Campaigns

Hi all

Mission 2 of the F14 Campaign is saying i need the F18 module? Thought it was an F14 Campaign?

Did the first mission end normally ? Were you asked to generate a new mission (in a dos like windows)

Edited by PB0_CEF

I recommend the Desert Warthog 06 campaign.

It's very doable, the Hornets slaughter the Mig29s and once at the target you can wreak havoc and destruction with your Warthog.

It requires judicious choice of ingress routes and some NOE flying, as well as the right choice of weapons. Fantastic stuff.

Edited by nibbio

Hi Hisothiro and PBO_CEF,

I am playing Hisothiro's Tomcat campaign over PG. Two times I had an error when two Viggens attacked patrol boates. I believe it is caused when RBF15 misiles impact on their targets. The two Viggens where killed as well by unkown causes.

Anything I can do to fix this?

Thanks,

RedeyeStorm

@RedeyeStorm

i have your same issue, i fix it running dcs as administrator

i hope you can read this post

hi PC0

i have this now, when launch firstmission.bat :(

..\..\..\..\..\..\..\bin\luae.exe: Scripts/UTIL_ResetCampaign.lua:17: attempt to index local 'campFile' (a nil value)

stack traceback:

Scripts/UTIL_ResetCampaign.lua:17: in main chunk

[C]: in function 'dofile'

Scripts/BAT_FirstMission.lua:28: in main chunk

[C]: ?

EDIT

it seems that i have some problems related to account privileges, because launching the script in a cmd shell open as administrator, then works fine,

however the script launching at the end of a mission to accept the mission result or not, fails, and i can't launch it as administrator , it starts automatically with the game open, and i don't know how fix this

Edited by MeatBall

Is the F-14 working as multi-role over the Caucasus now? Eagerly awaiting multirole over the PG as well (I assume it is still CAP only?)

Dunno, but after a bazillion CAP missions I was assigned a bridge strike, at night. Then only more CAP missions until I changed campaign... :smilewink:

hi PC0

i have this now, when launch firstmission.bat :(

..\..\..\..\..\..\..\bin\luae.exe: Scripts/UTIL_ResetCampaign.lua:17: attempt to index local 'campFile' (a nil value)

stack traceback:

Scripts/UTIL_ResetCampaign.lua:17: in main chunk

[C]: in function 'dofile'

Scripts/BAT_FirstMission.lua:28: in main chunk

[C]: ?

EDIT

it seems that i have some problems related to account privileges, because launching the script in a cmd shell open as administrator, then works fine,

however the script launching at the end of a mission to accept the mission result or not, fails, and i can't launch it as administrator , it starts automatically with the game open, and i don't know how fix this

ignore this, i fix MY problem :)

Not sure what is wrong. I am trying to play both harriers campaigns but im encountering different errors. The one on persian gulf says i need module usn-deckcrew and the on in caucausus says i need F14B (yes i´ve downloaded the latest versions.)

Anyone have any ideas?

Regards /Razorbill

long time listener. first time poster - to the creators and scripters who created and assisted these campaigns, I salute you, in my best aussie twag, you're bloody legends!

Now, friend (Migel) work your magic with that hot start script and I will buy you a cold one if you ever find yourself in the West Australian outback.

On another note, I've accidently run the mission from the ME (after "start on runway" changes) and had the "No dos" error. When I've gone back and run the same mission from the Campaign screen I've not had the error. Don't know if that gives anyone a clue why it happens to some people sometimes?

Also, last one I promise, I've had dramas with the pruning script in that no matter how hard I try and keep the static objects on the carrier they always disappear even when I changed the lua. any ideas?

Once again, LEGENDS, the lot of you :)

Not sure what is wrong. I am trying to play both harriers campaigns but im encountering different errors. The one on persian gulf says i need module usn-deckcrew and the on in caucausus says i need F14B (yes i´ve downloaded the latest versions.)

Anyone have any ideas?

Regards /Razorbill

I looked to those campaigns and didn't find any problems (with mission templates) : try to reinitiate the campaigns using FirstMission.bat file for each campaign and be sure to play the second mission (if the first one worked ! ) after choosing Y in the dos windows appearing at the end of the first mission !

I looked to those campaigns and didn't find any problems (with mission templates) : try to reinitiate the campaigns using FirstMission.bat file for each campaign and be sure to play the second mission (if the first one worked ! ) after choosing Y in the dos windows appearing at the end of the first mission !

Not sure what i am doing wrong, still getting a message for Harrier over PG saying i need USN-Deck module to load when i try to start the campaign.

Harrier over Caucasus started but i could only "spectate" other aircraft. Gives me an headache :helpsmilie:

Hi Meatball,

Unfortunaly starting as admin did not solve it. As soon RBF15 hits something I get the error message.

@PBO_CEF, I have a question I am playing the Tomcat over PG by HISOTHIRO but I have an issue I think that is more in your ballpark. When four Tomcats spawn at the Stennis mine is the closest to the bow and my wingman is closest to the tower. We can get away fine. However the two Cats in the middle is where things go wrong. The right Tomcat starts to taxi first (second closest to bow) and always crashes into the other cat.

The question is if it is possible to switch the position of these planes so the left one goes first. That one can taxi clear.

Hope I am not insulting Hisothiro but I got the impression that you understand Mbot's code a bit more. Hence the question to you.

Thanks RedeyeStorm.

Done that...still no joy

Then look in the readme file if your installation is the same way as in the readme. Look in the campaigns folder to Tomcat over Caucasus-CVN.cmp file and in the camp_init.lua file in the init folder

The campaign must be installed in the same way as in the readme file or it will not work :

Installation:

-------------

1. Extract the folder "EN" in the zip file to: "DCS World OpenBeta\Mods\aircraft\F14\Missions". Ensure that the resulting folder structure is “...\F14\Missions\EN\Campaigns\Tomcat over Caucasus-CVN\...”.

2. Extract the "DCE_Missionscript_mod" folder in your Mods OvGME or JSGME folder then activate this mod.

At the end of the first mission you MUST have the dos like windows or it will not generate a second new mission ...

Hi Meatball,

Unfortunaly starting as admin did not solve it. As soon RBF15 hits something I get the error message.

@PBO_CEF, I have a question I am playing the Tomcat over PG by HISOTHIRO but I have an issue I think that is more in your ballpark. When four Tomcats spawn at the Stennis mine is the closest to the bow and my wingman is closest to the tower. We can get away fine. However the two Cats in the middle is where things go wrong. The right Tomcat starts to taxi first (second closest to bow) and always crashes into the other cat.

The question is if it is possible to switch the position of these planes so the left one goes first. That one can taxi clear.

Hope I am not insulting Hisothiro but I got the impression that you understand Mbot's code a bit more. Hence the question to you.

Thanks RedeyeStorm.

The Tomcat positions on deck can't be changed :( I tryed to edit positions to have the second pair leader in 3rd position so that he can move without colliding with his wingman but it doesn't work : Leader of the second pair is always on the same place even if I change parking in editor :doh:

Only solution would be to limit Tomcat number in Order of Battle waiting for this bug being fixed by ED ....