BS2 update wont install with Steam BS

QVidal

Hello all,

Again, as every time I have to install BS2 update I have a problem. Now is the Black Shark must be installed and activated. I am pretty sure I did the steps as required (it was the 3rd time I install BS2 update, now it was because I got a new PC).

Steps followed:

- Installed Steam BS and played a mission in single player and another in multi.

- Installed DCS World using DCS_World_release_en_1.2.2.7570_69

- Installed A-10C using A-10C_release_en_1.2.2.7570_69

- Run KA-50_bs1update_en_1.2.2.7570_69 and error "DCS Black Shark 1 must be installed and activated"

- Run DCS World and activated A-10C

- Deleted Steam BS

- Again, installed Steam BS and played a mission in single player and another in multi

- Again, run KA-50_bs1update_en_1.2.2.7570_69 and error "DCS Black Shark 1 must be installed and activated"

I tried both with normal and admin privileges and nothing worked.

Anyone with the same problem was able to solve it?

It appears you have the right file downloaded, The only suggestion I have is to try this: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=94531. It will remove your activation for bs on your comp so it will burn an activation. But, I believe it should get you working. Try searching around the forums in the activation problems forum/thread. There might be something in there other than this. When you are installing BS1 after you upgraded the computer, did it ask you for your serial key?

• Like 1

DCS: A10C Warthog JTAC coordinate entry training mission http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/99424/

DCS: Blackshark 2 interactive training missions http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=84612

Thanks for your comments. The solution you proposed did not work, I think it might be related to the installer not detecting the Steam version, which does not need any serial, and the one it installs in the registry is different from the serials provided by Eagle Dynamics for Black Shark.

Now I am able to run BS2, but not because this problem was solved. What I did was to copy the folder Mods/aircrafts/Ka-50 from the old computer to the new one, then I was able to activate BS2 without any problem.

So this is still an open issue, other people might have the same problem and the workaround I used might not work for them. As always, legitimate customers are punished.

I tried that WarthogSmurf, but with Steam there is no serial number provided like with the Steam A-10C, which comes with a CD Key. Steam BS has a completely different way of activation.

I uninstalled Steam's BS and install BS from ED, when prompted for the serial I tried with the serial number that the steam version put on the registry and it did not work.

Steam version is not able to be upgraded with BS2 since it does not provide a CD KEY! I thought Only the Standalone version bought an downloaded from ED is able to do that. Your in still in luck its on sale right now from ED site. BTW you were right the Steam version of A10 is able to upgrade since it does provide a CD Key. You have to buy BS 1 from ED website since you already purchased the upgrade. Word to the WISE always READ the STEAM FORUMS EVERY TIME BEFORE YOU BUY A GAME! I do it religiously to make sure it doesn't have problems with activation of upgrades or other kinds of EXTRA DMR or compatibility with your hardware.

Click this STEAM FORUMS since you have to go here manually since they changed it.

type forums.steampowered.com in your browser if you want the url

Going to the game page and clicking forums leads to the stupid discussions page.

Edited by thinkr

Modded CapLoz HeliosV2.1_1280x1024.zip

2x 1080p 22"Monitors, Saitek X52, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Trackir5, Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel Q9550 @3.8Ghz, EP45-UD3L, 8GB Ram, Nvidia 560Ti 2GB, 2x 500GB Velociraptor

Flaming Cliffs 3

DCS:A10C,KA-50, Huey, Mi-8, WWII Euro 40+ Supporter, Mig21

Falcon 4 BMS

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946

Take on Helicopters

Arma 2 AO + PMC + BF All Addons Series

Arma 3

EECH & EEAH

Medivac & Search and Rescue 4 Series

thinkr, incorrect.

The first installer did not properly detect the Steam version. Later ones did. Steam version of BS1 is eligible for the Upgrader. If this malfunctions it is something that will have to bee looked into.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Daniel "EtherealN" Agorander | Даниэль "эфирныйн" Агорандер

Intel i7 2600K @ 4.4GHz, ASUS Sabertooth P67, 8GB Corsair Vengeance @ 1600MHz, ASUS GTX 560Ti DirectCU II 1GB, Samsung 830series 512GB SSD, Corsair AX850w, two BENQ screens and TM HOTAS Warthog

DCS: A-10C Warthog FAQ | DCS: P-51D FAQ | Remember to read the Forum Rules |

|
| Life of a Game Tester

things had changed since I last tried. Sorry for the incorrect info. thanks for clarifying EtherealN

Edited by thinkr

Modded CapLoz HeliosV2.1_1280x1024.zip

2x 1080p 22"Monitors, Saitek X52, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals, Trackir5, Win7Pro Pro 64Bit, Intel Q9550 @3.8Ghz, EP45-UD3L, 8GB Ram, Nvidia 560Ti 2GB, 2x 500GB Velociraptor

Flaming Cliffs 3

DCS:A10C,KA-50, Huey, Mi-8, WWII Euro 40+ Supporter, Mig21

Falcon 4 BMS

IL-2 Sturmovik: 1946

Take on Helicopters

Arma 2 AO + PMC + BF All Addons Series

Arma 3

EECH & EEAH

Medivac & Search and Rescue 4 Series