Mi-8: Question regarding appearance

Guys,

I've noticed in photos of the Mi-8 that the nose sometimes appears to be rather high up from the ground while parked, and in other shots the nose appears to be level with the ground. Is that a difference in variants, or simply because of the weight difference, e.g. full fuel tanks, etc?

Nose up high (I kinda like that "look"):

ru_monino_helo_mi8_02.jpg

Nose level:

mi8t-1.jpg

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Kind of hard to tell from the picture, but doesn't the 1st chopper has its rear shock absorbers fully in? Which would point to a weight difference between the birds I'd guess. Or maybe the rear gear is different altogether, I don't know?

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

I would think that the first picture is from a museum.

In most aircraft museums they take out the engines so that would explain the difference in weight on the front part of the aircraft.

Kind regards

Jorik

Intel i7 8700k 5,0Ghz OC

Nvidia GTX1080Ti

32Gb DDR4 3200Mhz RAM

HP Reverb Pro

Selfmade Alu Rail 4080 mounts

TM HOTAS WARTHOG

Virpil 100mm extension + Virpil VFX + TM F/A-18 Stick

TM MFD's

Saitek Pedals

It's a combination of weight and over- or under-servicing the nitrogen in the nose strut. There is a set pressure for the struts when the aircraft is on jacks, but it seems like many places just do it on the ground, which leads to varying amounts of pressure in the strut. Also, as mentioned, weight on the aircraft will have quite an effect. Where I work, if we can't use jacks for whatever reason, we try to get the nose jack point (next to the strut) approx. 36 inches off the ground when the aircraft is empty except for fuel (maybe half-full of fuel).

I would think that the first picture is from a museum.

In most aircraft museums they take out the engines so that would explain the difference in weight on the front part of the aircraft.

Is is exactly what I was thinking about. Also I believe the Mi-8 have some Kind of hydraulic System to jack the Heli, doing easy the load cargo

My guess: Russian manufacturing tolerances :)

Where? in history channel? :lol:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]