Operation "Blue Flag" - 24/7 PvP Campaign - ROUND 9

gregzagk

You mean a patch for DCS and an update for Blue Flag this week?? Don't tease us like that!!

I'm sure it's not gonna happen... BTW now from friday till the 21st I am on vacation in Greece, so I think they are gonna release it while I'm out just because they hate me:joystick:

SILVER 11 | Dedde

DCS MODULES: A-10C; F-15C ; M2000C; AV-8B N/A; F/A-18C; SA342; CA.

Asus PRIME Z490-P Intel Core i7 10700K @4.9 GHzNvidia GeForce GTX1070 8GbCorsair Vengeance LPX Black 32Gb (2x16Gb) DDR4 @3200MHzSamsung 850 EVO 256GbSamsung 24" 1920x1080 @60HzTrackIr 5; Hotas Warthog; Thrustmaster TFRP; Turtle Beach PX22;

We got any Greek guys here?

You could go visit him or her...

We have the entire 373vS :lol:. Greg is also the admin of blueflag :)

SILVER 11 | Dedde

DCS MODULES: A-10C; F-15C ; M2000C; AV-8B N/A; F/A-18C; SA342; CA.

Asus PRIME Z490-P Intel Core i7 10700K @4.9 GHzNvidia GeForce GTX1070 8GbCorsair Vengeance LPX Black 32Gb (2x16Gb) DDR4 @3200MHzSamsung 850 EVO 256GbSamsung 24" 1920x1080 @60HzTrackIr 5; Hotas Warthog; Thrustmaster TFRP; Turtle Beach PX22;

There will be a new SOP soon. It's being worked on.

Regarding neutral mechanic - it works both ways. If a bunch of farps get closed - they can also be recapped quickly if you don't work together and have CAP patrolling after destroying it.

The neutral mechanic is also needed for when we run an actual round - a lot of bases will start neutral and it'll be a mad scramble to cap as the first part of the round :)

Red also have the advantage in capping due to the speed of the Mi8 and even with this change, the map has yet to be won by either side.

The last major change we'll likely be making is moving mirage to red as well and it may then be one of the few available to both sides.

We also have an updated map with many more targets ready to go as soon as the patch comes out, hopefully this week.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

Do you anticipate AI fighters at all once the round starts? With the team imbalance as it is, Blue can run strikers completely unhindered for most of the day, and then just cap rush at night with the neutral mechanic in-place. In order for Red to capture, it is usually while still fighting multiple blue CAP. Wouldn't be an issue if odds weren't 5-10:1 most days, but I guess that's life. It will essentially force me to go Red side because I feel compelled to play the underdog.

WSFJr86l.jpg

Here's an example - blue right now has 24 players, 2 in helos, and they haven't even captured anything. But they can continue neutralizing everything, and then when Reds are gone, use just a couple of helos to chain-capture everything in a single reset. All Blue has to do is run A-10Cs against everything because they always have enough F-15s to cover them, and Red can either *sometimes* get enough CAP to slow them down but never try to capture anything, or get steamrolled when odds get worse than pictured. I would agree that the player imbalance is the primary culprit here, but the neutral mechanic compounds the issue, whereas before, Red could gun for blue helos to prevent them from capturing, and blue wouldn't be able to chain-capture 5 bases with one helo all in a single reset when no Reds were online.

One last question...any chance of F-5 on Red? Pretty please? :)

Put it in the "MiG-28" skin - would be amazing, though I understand the hesitation because that much awesome might completely turn the tide of our war.

I also want to continue to plug that this is my favorite server for the past 1-2 years (how long have you guys been at it?), and any whining or complaining is a reflection on me and my sometimes unreasonable sensibilities and not your work. Keep it up!

Edited by Dino Might

One last question...any chance of F-5 on Red? Pretty please? :)

No please...Viggen is red, M-2000 will be red (Seriously?) also the tiger?

So why not the kamov blue? If you think, no exist helos like kamov on blue (and this is why we need an apache ED!!!)

BTW, Blue have the problem of the hidden buldings. Red haven't the same trouble? I see that a single su-25 with a single mi8 can capture easly many farps in a bunch of minutes. We need many times to bombing to destroy the hidden buldings and trucks-tanks.

IndiaFoxtEcho Textures Artist

My DCS liveries on UserFiles page here

No please...Viggen is red, M-2000 will be red (Seriously?) also the tiger?

So why not the kamov blue? If you think, no exist helos like kamov on blue (and this is why we need an apache ED!!!)

BTW, Blue have the problem of the hidden buldings. Red haven't the same trouble? I see that a single su-25 with a single mi8 can capture easly many farps in a bunch of minutes. We need many times to bombing to destroy the hidden buldings and trucks-tanks.

Invisible buildings is a problem for both sides - same bug, same issue. Have you flown the Su-25T and the A-10C in Blue Flag? I have played both sides many times, and I can close a FARP in a single pass with the A-10C, with a second pass to wipe out defenders to neutralize it. In the Su-25T, the best you can do is two targets in one pass, and you had better get both SAMs first, or you better get lucky with flares. Not even close. Su-25T takes much longer to close a FARP, making it much more risky with enemy CAP able to respond in time to stop it. And the Su-25T and Mi-8 combo can capture FARPs, but nowhere near as fast as you think, especially when fighting through multiple F-15s every single reset. Please, please go use an Su-25T and an A-10C on a mockup FARP in single player and you'll see the huge difference. It's not even close. The Ka-50 is a bit better than the Su-25T in rapidly engaging targets, but it must position itself perfectly, takes a longer time to get on station, is much more vulnerable to all enemy aircraft, and has a hell of a hard time killing FARP defenses that are hidden in the trees.

Mi-8 has a speed advantage, but honestly, the Red advantage right now is mostly because of coordination. Blue routinely has 4+ F-15s when no Red is even online. Blue only has two or three guys that will fly helos.

Giving blue the Ka-50 would be fine by me if Red gets the A-10C again. I'd even straight up trade, blue gets Ka-50 + Su-25T and Red gets A-10C exclusively.

As for the F-5, I hardly ever see any blues flying it anyways. Do you really think it's a balance issue? Seriously, I've seen two short F-5 flights by blues in the past 2 weeks. And it didn't do anything for them. Why would it be so bad for Red to get them? You will still only see them once in a blue moon, and your only fighter that needs to visual IFF is the F-5, which can only fight WVR anyways.

Edited by Dino Might

Invisible buildings is a problem for both sides - same bug, same issue. Have you flown the Su-25T and the A-10C in Blue Flag? I have played both sides many times, and I can close a FARP in a single pass with the A-10C, with a second pass to wipe out defenders to neutralize it. In the Su-25T, the best you can do is two targets in one pass, and you had better get both SAMs first, or you better get lucky with flares. Not even close. Su-25T takes much longer to close a FARP, making it much more risky with enemy CAP able to respond in time to stop it. And the Su-25T and Mi-8 combo can capture FARPs, but nowhere near as fast as you think, especially when fighting through multiple F-15s every single reset. Please, please go use an Su-25T and an A-10C on a mockup FARP in single player and you'll see the huge difference. It's not even close. The Ka-50 is a bit better than the Su-25T in rapidly engaging targets, but it must position itself perfectly, takes a longer time to get on station, is much more vulnerable to all enemy aircraft, and has a hell of a hard time killing FARP defenses that are hidden in the trees.

Mi-8 has a speed advantage, but honestly, the Red advantage right now is mostly because of coordination. Blue routinely has 4+ F-15s when no Red is even online. Blue only has two or three guys that will fly helos.

Giving blue the Ka-50 would be fine by me if Red gets the A-10C again. I'd even straight up trade, blue gets Ka-50 + Su-25T and Red gets A-10C exclusively.

As for the F-5, I hardly ever see any blues flying it anyways. Do you really think it's a balance issue? Seriously, I've seen two short F-5 flights by blues in the past 2 weeks. And it didn't do anything for them. Why would it be so bad for Red to get them? You will still only see them once in a blue moon, and your only fighter that needs to visual IFF is the F-5, which can only fight WVR anyways.

Totally agree about coordination. No problem about belancing with the tiger, simply I don't like to see many planes in the same front, I prefer to see a pure Reds Vs. Blue. This is because I'm new of BVR world, and for me on WVR the visual ID is the most important check, definetly I am a bit wary of the IFF :)

So could great, for add a bit of diversity vary between modern fighters map and map mig-21 vs f-5? What do you think?

Totally agree about coordination. No problem about belancing with the tiger, simply I don't like to see many planes in the same front, I prefer to see a pure Reds Vs. Blue. This is because I'm new of BVR world, and for me on WVR the visual ID is the most important check, definetly I am a bit wary of the IFF :)

So could great, for add a bit of diversity vary between modern fighters map and map mig-21 vs f-5? What do you think?

I loved the 2.0 version with F-5s and MiG-21s as the only fighters, but it cuts off a significant portion of population that only fly FC3.

I also like the East vs. West distinction, but it's already difficult to balance, and it's only going to get worse. Unless the players are given more reason to come to Red, most will flock to Blue because of the platform advantage. I don't know how to solve that problem. But I'd like to make Red side more palatable. I love the F-5 and flew it regularly when on Blue, but can't stand staying on Blue side when it's just PvE all the time.

I In the Su-25T, the best you can do is two targets in one pass, and you had better get both SAMs first, or you better get lucky with flares.

Yes, A-10 is a monster farp clearer.

Though with the Su25T you should be looking to get 4 vikhrs in one pass but with regards to an unknown target area with shorad the best bet for survival is one at a time or 2 Kh25T, anymore and like you say you're in the lap of the Gods.

"[51☭] FROSTIE" #55

51st PVO "BISONS"

Fastest MiG pilot in the world - TCR'10

https://100kiap.org

Yes, A-10 is a monster farp clearer.

Though with the Su25T you should be looking to get 4 vikhrs in one pass but with regards to an unknown target area with shorad the best bet for survival is one at a time or 2 Kh25T, anymore and like you say you're in the lap of the Gods.

Frostie, you need to train me. I probably just suck too much in the 25T. :joystick:

Eh if tiger went red I know 3 guys in our squad alone including myself that would go red all the time to fly it. I love to play red but my heart is in the Huey and my soul belongs to the F5. But I hate flying on bluefor lol talk about complicated

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]1000 miles of road will take you around town, a 1000 feet of runway can take you around the world...unless your in a Huey, you can go anywhere with no runway in a Huey!

multiplayer name ''DustOff=3=6''

Patch today: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3396674&postcount=4

Server will be patched as soon as we can - map will be reset as will sides

Server will be down for a while after the patch to load new map & starting setup

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Patch today: https://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=3396674&postcount=4

Server will be patched as soon as we can - map will be reset as will sides

Server will be down for a while after the patch to load new map & starting setup

Awesome, finally!

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Server Updated

Server has been updated and lives reset and sides reset

Map will be reset when the new map is sorted - hopefully tonight but is currently as it was.

Scripts: Complete Transport And Logistics Deployment - CTLD / CTLD Examples - Lots of example of how to use CTLD

CSAR Script - Downed Pilot Rescue / Dedicated Server Script - Automatically launch DCS Multiplayer server at startup

Range Scoring Script - Get scores and counts hits on targets for gunnery or bombs / SimpleSlotBlock - Multiplayer dynamic Slot Blocking Script

Projects: DCS-SimpleRadio Standalone - DCS Radio Integration for All Aircraft - NO TeamSpeak Required! :)

DCS-SimpleRadio Troubleshooting Post / DCS-SimpleRadio Free Support Channel on Discord

Sorry not going to have time to sort the map - will work on it on the weekend :)

Has anything changed with the re-arming process for the huey?

I've noticed you now start with an empty config but didnt manage to re-arm/refuel at the FARP from which i took off on? (The radio was set to INT)

Khasuri airport have the Mistral on L version slot.

Sometimes infantrymen run on forest, making the farp capture near to impossible.

Several stuttering moment and crashes.

Has anything changed with the re-arming process for the huey?

I've noticed you now start with an empty config but didnt manage to re-arm/refuel at the FARP from which i took off on? (The radio was set to INT)

I'm also curious as to how the FARP mechanics are supposed to work with the Harrier. Is the intent that we reposition to an airbase to rearm/refuel, or are we supposed to be able to land and be serviced at the FARP? I've been able to get fuel at some FARPS, but not others, and certainly no weapons. I understand maybe some balancing there, but there should be some incentive to successfully landing on a FARP pad and being able to quick turn

Come check me out on

YouTube!

Twitch!

Have a listen to the Alert 5 Podcast - YOUR source for the latest combat flight simulation news!

For the Harrier, you're supposed to move to the Farp to rearm - but the farp may not work if the base it damaged.

It depends what units are dead. In which case - you need choppers to repair

If you give me what fuel / default loadout you'd all like for the harriers I can add it - but it will have to be common across the map - so you can still use the airframe if the frap is damaged

Edit: Server is now updated

If you give me what fuel / default loadout you'd all like for the harriers I can add it - but it will have to be common across the map - so you can still use the airframe if the frap is damaged

I load 4 mavs, a targeting pod and a gun. Then add as much fuel as i can take up to 22k LB. (if i have to VTOL

but, if i had a clean road (like at Sabuli) without all the light and telephone poles, i'd take full fuel, 2 aim9, 2 mav, 6 GBU-12, Tpod, and gun.

The light poles FARPS kill us. I'm sure it's bad for the viggen guys too, but viggens are at runways and the Harriers are not.

observation:

Harriers only at FARPs which are much easier to close than a airfield base. Once the few FARPS that have them are closed, harrier pilots just go to another server. The red wave picks up steam.

I get it. Everyone wants to play with their new toy.

It would be interesting to see stats on which airframes are being flown the most.