SoftTH NEWS

I'm answering a PM:

Hey thanx for advising me of the softTH software its amazing...it impruved my fps in world from 50 to sometimes reaching 130 with 85 average!!!! you'r the best !

I ahve another issue that you might encountered ... sunglare with HDR on is shown in every monitor in multymonitor mode . Have you ever dealt with this issue and managed to disable it in other monitors ?

i mean it lights my screen on the monitor used for helios only and its very disturbing...please advise sad.gif

;)Please read my signature and follow the second link to point #3.

(I have stopped counting some time ago how many times I already got this question via PM...:))

In short: no - it's all or nothing. no way to disable it on other screens - you get the glare even on monitors that show only avionic exports.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Follow this link, it will take you to this link which will take you back to the original link, which is about early obsolete BS1 and contains a hundred posts...

I know, it is a bitch to learn SofTH when starting out. Stick with it. I now get 100+ fps in DCS World with settings nearly maxed

SofTH is worth a donation for sure. Thanks PeterP for all the help you provide.

Edited by JG14_Smil

Not even sure what to explain and it is not important. Point is SofTh is good stuff. No idea what I did and my statement is subjective to my setup.

Running same settings as before SofTh, fps jumped to 120 afterwards. I was returning to edit my "maxed out" line above to a more honest "nearly maxed out" when I saw your reply. I've slowed her down to about 60+ fps by adding on mirrors and maxing out sliders, civi traffic and birds to like 800% (still never seen one yet). I am betting the high FPS comes from some image quality like AA not working as much (no free rides).

i7-377something CPU @ 4.2 G, 2 GTX 680s. 1 37" HDTV and one 27" monitor running Helios.

Edited by JG14_Smil

Now you're talking... the GTX 680 part explains it well my friend... cause my settings are also "nearly maxed out" but my HD6950 doesn't squeeze that much framerate... :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...the few, the proud, the remaining...

Follow this link, it will take you to this link which will take you back to the original link, which is about early obsolete BS1 and contains a hundred posts...

Do you try to make > FUN < out of me? :D

Well - this problem exist since HDR+Sun-glare was introduced.

This was with BS2 (not BS1) and is up to date still there.

:)

So the link explains everything about the Sun-glare-bug with M-Monitors. (when read carefully)

BTW: If you have your monitors at 60Hz.

you can save some energy and also some CPU cycles for other things if you set in DCS World\Config\graphics.cfg line#329 your MaxFPS = 59; - you won't notice a difference.

Edited by PeterP

BTW: If you have your monitors at 60Hz.

you can save some energy and also some CPU cycles for other things if you set in DCS World\Config\graphics.cfg line#329 your MaxFPS = 59; - you won't notice a difference.

Exactly, don't use DCS as stress test. Your GPU could run cooler :)

Alternatively get a stereo screen that is capable of running the 120Hz mono or get this new piece of technology here:

http://www.flatpanelshd.com/news.php?subaction=showfull&id=1343285045

...144 freakin' Hz

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

--> https://www.youtube.com/user/weltensegLA

-->

WELD's cockpit: --> http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=92274

• 1 month later...

Just wondering whether using just MaxFPS=29 and in-game Vsync, or with SoftTH with Vsync on in both that and DCS, plus smoothing and triple-buffering enabled in SoftTH, as per the post below, will work best to give a smooth 30FPS on a single display?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=1397655&postcount=21

Once I add Helios on a second monitor, will SoftTH's smoothing, Vsync and Triple-Buffering still be usable or do they not work on dual-screen setups?

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

In my setup 29 or 30 doesn't make a difference (at least with vsync on) and believe me I would see a single drop.

vsync in softTH doesn't do anything without the ingame v-sync on either.

But in all possible cases of FPS;vsync etc ...my outta screens judder...though they show the same fps as the super smooth middle one.

With my old single monitor setup I had better results with maxfps=29 though

Try it! best to go wide angle and look to the side to judge judder.

4790K@4,6Ghz | EVGA Z97 Classified | 32GB @ 2400Mhz | Titan X hydro copper| SSD 850 PRO

Moments in DCS:

-->

In my setup 29 or 30 doesn't make a difference (at least with vsync on) and believe me I would see a single drop.

vsync in softTH doesn't do anything without the ingame v-sync on either.

But in all possible cases of FPS;vsync etc ...my outta screens judder...though they show the same fps as the super smooth middle one.

With my old single monitor setup I had better results with maxfps=29 though

Try it! best to go wide angle and look to the side to judge judder.

OK thanks.

I'm still not clear whether I should use smoothing, vsync and triple-buffering in SoftTH when I use it (either for single or dual display) or not though, if anyone knows.

Main rig: i5-4670k @4.4Ghz, Asus Z97-A, Scythe Kotetsu HSF, 32GB Kingston Savage 2400Mhz DDR3, 1070ti, Win 10 x64, Samsung Evo 256GB SSD (OS & Data), OCZ 480GB SSD (Games), WD 2TB and WD 3TB HDDs, 1920x1200 Dell U2412M, 1920x1080 Dell P2314T touchscreen

Use vsync and when running an instant mission for example hit right ctrl+G (or was it right shift? you'll find out) then you see the fps curve (push G afterwards bc ur landing gear will extract too :) )...if it has spikes you can try smoothing which is Rctrl+E or something and see if the spikes are gone then. If there is no difference then leave if off.

Moments in DCS:

-->

Is there any way to eliminate the stretching effect to the left and right monitors with SoftTH?

Also, what can I do to correct the monitor bezel width. Thanks

crank

Is this the stretching you experience?

There is no way to fix it with SoftTH.

But you can counteract it a little:

You can squeeze the aspect a little at the sides.

That means to render 1200 instead 1000 pixels at the side monitors.

Example for three 1000x700 screens

instead using 3000x700 as total render use 3400x700

and do it like this:

Head1 (left):

sourceRect=0,0,1200,700

transportResolution=1000x700

Primary(middle):

sourceRect=0,1200,1000,700

Head2(right):

sourceRect=0,2400,1200,700

Bezel compensation :

1. first add the bezel-pixel-size to the total resolution in DCS and in the SoftTHconfig.

-you can measure exactly how many pixel to add with pixelwindow and/or using a real ruler and a little maths .

2. than re-adjust the screen-content position by editing the

X value in the

sourceRect=X,Y,width,height

for the middle and right head.

Example for three 1000x700 screens with two bezels each 100px:

Total render: 3200x700

Head 1 (left)

sourceRect=0,0,1000,700

Primary (middle)

sourceRect=1100,0,1000,700

Head 2 (right)

sourceRect=2200,0,1000,700

Reminder: When you can't read something that is hidden in the Bezels:

Use AppKey+S to draw everything in the primary head .

(look up the hotkeys in the SoftTH ReadMe)

Things you want to know:

A Plea for View-Export/Multi-head/TH Users. - ED Forums

Edited by PeterP

Use vsync and when running an instant mission for example hit right ctrl+G (or was it right shift? you'll find out) then you see the fps curve (push G afterwards bc ur landing gear will extract too :) )...if it has spikes you can try smoothing which is Rctrl+E or something and see if the spikes are gone then. If there is no difference then leave if off.

Thanks. DCS started crashing on me and I found out one of my RAM sticks has gone bad suddenly, so I'm going to wait until I get them replaced before testing DCS any more.

Peter, that is an interesting idea to squeeze the side view. I hadnt thought of that and no doubt it is a bit more framerate friendly than rendering 6000x1920 and only using the center 4000 pixels.

I must say that with the portrait/landscape/portrait the distortion is much less distracting anyway.

6000x1920 and only using the center 4000 pixels.

This sounds strange to me - do I get it right:

You are rendering a 6000x1920 camera view-port but only displaying 4000x1920 on your screens?!

This sounds like your settings could use some optimisation.

Please post your

-config.SoftTHconfig

-monitorsetup.lua

-options.lua

And tell me the native res of your monitors.

I must say that with the portrait/landscape/portrait the distortion is much less distracting anyway.

That's no surprise - as your settings are much closer to a 1:1 aspect as the normal TH-screen setting - usually 16:3.

Hi Peter, it does sound strange but I am not doing it :)

It was just a thought to get around the fact that there is distortion at the edges. I thought if I rendered a wide enough area but only displayed a center portion that I would get an area with no distortion.

Of course the overhead to do this is 4 megapixels and its probably likely that the distortion I am left with is the same as if I only rendered a 4000x2000 area to begin with.

I was just thinking out loud :)

This sounds strange to me - do I get it right:

You are rendering a 6000x1920 camera view-port but only displaying 4000x1920 on your screens?!

This sounds like your settings could use some optimisation.

Please post your

-config.SoftTHconfig

-monitorsetup.lua

-options.lua

And tell me the native res of your monitors.

That's no surprise - as your settings are much closer to a 1:1 aspect as the normal TH-screen setting - usually 16:3.

thanks for clarifying - wipes away some question-marks :).

6000 instead of 4000 sounded just a little too much for my experience.

Just for clarification and all others that read this:

I learned that adding one quarter to the side-monitors is Ok to counteract the stretching effect a little.

Practical example:

So if you have a TH configuration with 1920x1080 at the side-views - I would suggest to run 2400x1080 at the sides.

So that it would be 6720(+Bezel)x1080 =

Left: 2400x1080

Middle: 1920x1080

right: 2400x1080

This don't eliminates the stretching - but makes it much less noticeable.

• 3 weeks later...
  • ED Team

A quick question PeterP :)

All 5 of my monitor's are set at 60hz but in the softTH it reports 60hz and 75hz is this correct ? I was thinking maybe it is reporting what my screens are capable of.

SoftTH_dcs.exe_2012_09_27_20_59_25_18.jpg

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Anyone else find that Alt Tab does not work correctly with softTH? It does not work for me which unfortunately is a show stopper for me.

(Sorry i have not read the whole thread, but did use the search function without success)

Cheers.

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

TM Warthog, Saitek combat pro pedals, TrackIR 4

Reading the Softth Readme would be enough.

Ok thanks, i had previously. I will refresh myself.

i5-3570K @ 4.5 Ghz, Asus P8Z77-V, 8 GB DDR3, 1.5GB GTX 480 (EVGA, superclocked), SSD, 2 x 1680x1050, x-fi extreme music.

Reading the Softth Readme would be enough.

You could have just said Alt Tab does not work.. :noexpression:

Jeeze some people.

What's your problem with me?

I was not addressing you.. if you thought my question was so stupid or a waste of time all you had to do was ignore it. Instead you choose to be a smart arse. :clap_2:

What's your problem with me?

I have no problem with you.

I was not addressing you..
Are you sure?:

You could have just said Alt Tab does not work.. noexpression.gif

Jeeze some people.

if you thought my question was so stupid or a waste of time all you had to do was ignore it. Instead you choose to be a smart arse. :clap_2:

I didn't thought it was stupid or a waste of time -

I just pointed you to the complete Readme instead only giving you one bit of info , because I thought that there is also other things that you want to know and of great value for you.

And why I should rephrase something that is already stored on your system and written by the author of the software? - makes no sense!

Ah - OK -I see, telling you where you find the info you are looking for = smart arse.

So the same goes to you:

If you thing my advise is not suiting you and a waste of time - just ignore it .

and wait for someone that answers your question exactly like you want it.

again: Did it hurt to read it again?

Edited by PeterP