Communication menu missing in 2.5.5 OB

claw

I now have found the reason for my problem:

The file: "..\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\autoexec.cfg" makes the communication menu not appear in game.

I simply deleted it, then the problem was gone!

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

The file: "..\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\autoexec.cfg" makes the communication menu not appear in game.

Confirmed!

I got no such file. Any ideas?

Perhaps what Mike did: Back up ..\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\input.

Delete ..\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\

Launch the game, let it rebuild the config folder and place your back up input folder back.

Cool i found the issue for me.

I modified file called "CommandDialogsPanel.lua" to increase its borders for VR. With the modified file it no longer shows the prompt.

Its located in the main game folder /scripts/ui/RadioCommandDialogPanel

I have since then removed the modification. Everything works now.

Thank you that was it for me.

Deleting autoexec.cfg also fixed the communications menu for me. I also noticed that before I deleted that file, selecting ANY quickstart mission would start the mission paused/frozen. I had to either hit escape or the pause/break key on my keyboard twice to unfreeze the mission.

After deleting autoexec.cfg, I now get the proper "debrief" screen with the fly button in the bottom right.

What's weird is that autoexec.cfg only had an affinity mask line in it, which is used for selecting specific cores to run a program on. Really strange that would disable in-game GUI menus, such as communication and the pre-flight briefing windows.

Tried this fix and I still haven't been able to get any Comm Menus to come up...

i7-7700K, 32GB DDR4, 525GB SSD, 1TB HDD, GTX 1080Ti 11GB, Liquid Cooling, Win 10, Warthog HOTAS, TPR Pedals, HP Reverb, Oculus Rift with Touch, Jetseat and bass shakers, PointCTRL, and Scale F-14B Cockpit

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...