[MOOSE] RAT - Random Air Traffic

I got stuck on Steam since I purchased the F18/Persian Gulf bundle. I didn't know it wasn't compatible with the standalone anymore. Otherwise I'd never done that.

Can somebody tell me if mods also work for Steam users?

I am also not a steam user. But I would think mods are handled the same, i.e. placed in the Saved Games directory, as in the stand alone version.

If the mod is not showing up, it probably means that you did not put it in the right directory. Maybe you can share a screen shot of your installation folder so that people can better help?

A warrior's mission is to foster the success of others.

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

RAT - On the Range - Rescue Helo - Recovery Tanker - Warehouse - Airboss

I am also not a steam user. But I would think mods are handled the same, i.e. placed in the Saved Games directory, as in the stand alone version.

If the mod is not showing up, it probably means that you did not put it in the right directory. Maybe you can share a screen shot of your installation folder so that people can better help?

I placed the files using this path:

picture.php?albumid=1313&pictureid=10272

Should be correct, right?

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

Should be correct, right?

Yeah, to me that looks right :dunno:

i9-12900K | MSI RTX 3080Ti Suprim X | 128 GB Ram 3200 MHz DDR-4 | MSI MPG Edge Z690 | Samung EVO 980 Pro SSD | Virpil Stick, Throttle and Collective | MFG Crosswind | HP Reverb G2

Yeah, to me that looks right :dunno:

There's no need/option to "activate" mods ingame orso? It should just work?

Starting to think it really is due to the Steam version, although I can't seem to find an answer to that question when I google it.

System specs:

i7-8700K @stock speed - GTX 1080TI @ stock speed - AsRock Extreme4 Z370 - 32GB DDR4 @3GHz- 500GB SSD - 2TB nvme - 650W PSU

HP Reverb G1 v2 - Saitek Pro pedals - TM Warthog HOTAS - TM F/A-18 Grip - TM Cougar HOTAS (NN-Dan mod) & (throttle standalone mod) - VIRPIL VPC Rotor TCS Plus with ALPHA-L grip - Pointctrl & aux banks <-- must have for VR users!! - Andre's SimShaker Jetpad - Fully adjustable DIY playseat - VA+VAICOM

~ That nuke might not have been the best of ideas, Sir... the enemy is furious ~ GUMMBAH

There's no need/option to "activate" mods ingame orso? It should just work?

Starting to think it really is due to the Steam version, although I can't seem to find an answer to that question when I google it.

Hi,

Just tested it, and the CAM Mod DOES work on Steam. The Steam version of DCS doesnt have a Module Manager where we can check if the Mod is working, but if the CAM icon appears on the Main DCS Screen, then the Mod is in fact loaded and working .. tried it myself ... do you have this icon on your DCS?

vpFnrTX.jpg

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

Hi,

Just tested it, and the CAM Mod DOES work on Steam. The Steam version of DCS doesnt have a Module Manager where we can check if the Mod is working, but if the CAM icon appears on the Main DCS Screen, then the Mod is in fact loaded and working .. tried it myself ... do you have this icon on your DCS?

vpFnrTX.jpg

Best regards

I just tested it in the stand alone version (which as you know uses the same saved games folder) and there I see the mod installed, just as you pointed out. Again tried the Steam version and there I don't see it :huh:

Could the problem be that I installed the Steam version under C:/program files?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DCSWorld

I think I read somewhere that this might cause a problem in combination with dcs mods.. But I have no idea if that source was trustworthy..

System specs:

... Could the problem be that I installed the Steam version under C:/program files?

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DCSWorld

May be ... my Steam DCS is at E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\DCSWorld ... and it is a vanilla install, no Mods other than CAM.

On the Steam Library, you can right click on DCS World, select Properties -> Local Files ... there is a button "Move Install Folder" .. perhaps you could give it a try :)

Best regards

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

May be ... my Steam DCS is at E:\SteamLibrary\steamapps\common\DCSWorld ... and it is a vanilla install, no Mods other than CAM.

On the Steam Library, you can right click on DCS World, select Properties -> Local Files ... there is a button "Move Install Folder" .. perhaps you could give it a try :)

Best regards

I don't see this option

picture.php?albumid=1313&pictureid=10274

System specs:

I don't see this option

You need to have at least two Steam libraries, on different drives, to be able to move games.

Check on Preferences -> Downloads -> Steam Library Folders.

You need to have at least two Steam libraries, on different drives, to be able to move games.

Check on Preferences -> Downloads -> Steam Library Folders.

I did find a workaround to be able to create two Steam libraries on one drive (partition). You have to alter the "libraryfolders.vdf" file. I added the bold line below:

"LibraryFolders"

{

"TimeNextStatsReport" "12589731"

"ContentStatsID" "30876349087934"

"1" "C:\\Games"

}

After that I was able to use the "move install folder" button in Steam.

Unfortunately moving DCS from the default "program files" folder to my new "games" folder didn't solve the problem of not seeing the Civil Aircraft Mod :(

Everything else just works fine though..

If anyone has any more suggestions please let me know

Edited by sirrah

System specs:

Sirrah,

You could install the mod via JSGME / OVGME into the main DCS directory if you’re familiar with how to do so. This will break your integrity checks on Multiplayer servers enforcing it however...

Intel i9-9900KF @5.2GHz

MSI Z390 Gaming Pro Carbon

32GB G.Skill Trident Z DDR3200 RAM

MSI RTX 2080 Ti Gaming X Trio

40" Panasonic TH-40DX600U @ 4K

Pimax Vision 8K Plus / Oculus Rift CV1 / HTC Vive

Gametrix JetSeat with SimShaker

Windows 10 64 Bit Home Edition

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sirrah,

You could install the mod via JSGME / OVGME into the main DCS directory if you’re familiar with how to do so. This will break your integrity checks on Multiplayer servers enforcing it however...

I read about this (not familiar with it). I'll give that a shot as soon as I find the time

System specs:

• 1 month later...

@FunkyFranky .. I'm having trouble with a mission that was working fine, not 100% sure but it seems that the problem started after I updated to the latest openbeta version of DCS....

EDIT: Please disregard, it was a silly error on my part ... turns out that after the DCS Update I started to play with Combined Arms and turned on the option "Fog of War", without realizing that this impedes me from watching the Random Air Traffic ... :doh:

Edited by Rudel_chw

• 2 weeks later...

RAT - Waypoints and Routes

Would anyone be able to help me.

I am having some issues setting way points and routes for for Random Air Traffic to follow.

I have tried using:

RAT:_SetRoute

RAT:_SpawnWithRoute

I can't seem to get either of these working and I can't figure out how to define waypoints.

What I am basically trying to create is a route for aircraft to commute between. I.e. start at Aerodrome A, End at Aerodrome B and fly through Waypoint 1,2,3,etc.

This, I hope, will recreate something similar to IFR lanes.

Thanks, in advance, for any help.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

This is the very first time I am using script and I was very interrested by random traffic.

I have followed very carefully the step by step procedure, but DCS crash when I start the mission.

The mission start on the F/A-18 with 5 C-130 as random traffic over NTTR, I select the map (F10) and few seconds later, DCS crashed. No C-130 appears on the map.

The log file in attached. I am using Moose 2.4.13 with the v2.5.4 25729.

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks,

Vincent

dcs.log-20190101-172740.zip

IAMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12x 3.7 to 4.8Ghz - 32Go DDR4 3600Mhz - GeForce RTX 3080 - Samsung Odyssey G7 QLED - AIMXY

What am I doing wrong ?

Thanks,

Vincent

Don't know, don't have your MIZ to look at (or rather, the LUA script you made). However, with looking at your logs, I'm going to say off the bat, you aren't doing anything wrong. I see RAT executing and then I see that new wonderful bug that ED released last patch

2019-01-01 17:27:40.577 INFO EDCORE: D:\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\bin\DCS.exe

2019-01-01 17:27:40.578 INFO EDCORE: # C0000005 ACCESS_VIOLATION at 2F4E9C09 00:00000000

That's a memory access violation in DCS.EXE - A lot of us have been running into that since the last patch. If you have any MODs (IE an ED unsupported aircraft) and you are trying to call it up via RAT, try first to remove it from RAT and if it still crashes, try removing the mods all together. That's the first thing that ED wants people to try

B. "Swany" Swanberg

Gigabyte Designare, Intel i9 9900KF (3.6, OC'd to 5.0)

32GB Patriot Viper Steel (black, non-RGB)

OS installed on a Samsung Evo 970 1TB SSD

DCS installed on a Samsun Evo 860 1TB SSD

EVGA 2080Ti 11GB

EVGA Supernova 720p 750w PS

3 Dell S2716DG monitors in Surround mode (7680x1440)

Oculus Rift S VR

Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle and Stick

Thrusmaster Rudder Pedals

assorted button boxes/Arduino boards

All drivers always kept up to date (30 days old, max)

What am I doing wrong ?

There is a bug on the latest DCS that affects some Moose scripts, like first stated here: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=3741487

No solution yet, I have disabled RAT on my missions until a fix is released, hopefully on January 16th.

@Vincent, @Rudel you can download the latest Moose.lua 2.4.13 here https://github.com/FlightControl-Master/MOOSE/releases

It should work better :)

I just tested your miz Victor and it immediately gave me a CTD. With the latest Moose.lua not. The reason is that the respawn on engine shutdown is delayed by default in newer RAT versions. So the DCS bug is not happening.

@Vincent, note that a C-130 cannot take off from all airports in Nevada. If you spawn them totally randomly, some will be spawned in air or worse. RAT allows you to restrict the departure and destination airports.

Alternatively, you could use fighters as RAT aircraft for a start.

@Vincent, @Rudel you can download the latest Moose.lua 2.4.13 here https://github.com/FlightControl-Master/MOOSE/releases

It should work better :)

Thanks a lot for the quick fix .. I'm so used by now to having random traffic around, that I was really missing it when I had to disable it.

Will try it out and report back, on my case the CTD happened after about 5-10 minutes into the game.

Cheers and happy new year

Cheers and happy new year

Happy New Year to you as well, mate :) Let me know how it goes.

Is there a possibility to see a feature which allows us to add waypoints so I have an aircraft which flies from A to B but inbetween they fly over C,D and E . I have a mission which contains all real intersections and it's my goal that aircrafts flies the RL routes with SIDs or STARs.

Is there a possibility to see a feature which allows us to add waypoints so I have an aircraft which flies from A to B but inbetween they fly over C,D and E . I have a mission which contains all real intersections and it's my goal that aircrafts flies the RL routes with SIDs or STARs.

Hi Borin! No, sorry, that not possible with RAT. I wanted it to be very random when I designed it. Having special points was kind of difficult to implement. It would require a lot of additional if conditions and checks. So I defined that to be out of scope in the early stages of the design.

But I agree, having realistic routes on top would be great. You could take a look at Zubetto's implemenation. I'm not sure, but maybe this is better suited for adding some realistic points to the flight plan.

Will try it out and report back, on my case the CTD happened after about 5-10 minutes into the game.

Thanks a lot @FunkyFranky for this Fix, just made a 50 minute mission, with RAT enabled, and no more crash to desktop :)

JUNNNxc.jpg

Cheers!