104th Phoenix Dedicated Server Info

104th_Maverick

Wake turbulence is ON again? Why? :cry:

Just example:

- On Blue Flag server with 50 people on it i have 40-60 FPS

- On 104th server with 50 people on it i have 6-14 FPS

I know is time to upgrade PC but also people with decent PC's have big FPS drop.

Edited by Falcon_S

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

We tested it after removing it for some time and had no negative effects so we enabled it again.

Our goal is to have the Wake running all the time on the server, turning it off was only a temporary measure while the Wake effect was optimised and improved by ED.

Are you sure wake is Off in Blue Flag?

On another note, we are turning OFF Tacview for a few days, maybe a week while we run some stability tests.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

104th Phoenix Wing Commander / Total Poser / Elitist / Hero / Chad

No idea. Someone should make a report with prove like a track or something

Interestingly, it seems it'll only work in PvP multiplayer if "XMIT" is set to "L16", which Wags sadly didn't show in his datalink video (in his video, it surprisingly worked with it set to "OFF", but that probably was PvE?).

Edited by DanielNL
DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Just example:

- On Blue Flag server with 50 people on it i have 40-60 FPS

- On 104th server with 50 people on it i have 6-14 FPS

I know is time to upgrade PC but also people with decent PC's have big FPS drop.

We’re you flying the f16? I noticed when I turned on my Nav system and all the contacts appeared on my HSD I dropped from mid 40s down to less than 10 FPS. I think there’s some optimizing that needs to happen there. Turning my nav back to align immediately restored the FPS

;4124403']We tested it after removing it for some time and had no negative effects so we enabled it again.

Our goal is to have the Wake running all the time on the server, turning it off was only a temporary measure while the Wake effect was optimised and improved by ED.

Are you sure wake is Off in Blue Flag?

I see... Yes is OFF on BF Squadron mission/server.

We’re you flying the f16? I noticed when I turned on my Nav system and all the contacts appeared on my HSD I dropped from mid 40s down to less than 10 FPS. I think there’s some optimizing that needs to happen there. Turning my nav back to align immediately restored the FPS

No, i'm Flanker pilot forever. :) ... but your problem can be symptom that something is wrong after update. Who know...

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH! 

Interestingly, it seems it'll only work in PvP multiplayer if "XMIT" is set to "L16", which Wags sadly didn't show in his datalink video (in his video, it surprisingly worked with it set to "OFF", but that probably was PvE?).
No it is not. XMIT doesnt effect on DL from AWACS AFAIK. Its purpose only provide handy blue dash line on bandit that your flight members are targeting on, I could be wrong thou so feel free to CMIIW. Your flight members showed as blue circle with number on it.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

No it is not. XMIT doesnt effect on DL from AWACS AFAIK. Its purpose only provide handy blue dash line on bandit that your flight members are targeting on, I could be wrong thou so feel free to CMIIW. Your flight members showed as blue circle with number on it.

Well, what I DID figure out (after chatting with others), INS alignment seems to matter to get DL working... just switching it to "NAV" instantly (like Wags did in his video...) while refueling/rearming won't align INS anymore... So I'll try that soon. :pilotfly:

DCS Wishlist: 2K11 Krug SA-4 Ganef SAM, VR-TrackIR icons next to player names in score-chart

PvP: 100+ manual player-kills with Stingers on a well known dynamic campaign server - 100+ VTOL FARP landings & 125+ hours AV-8B, F-14 crew, royal dutch airforce F-16C - PvP campaigns since 2013

DCS server-admins: please adhere to a common sense gaming industry policy as most server admins throughout the industry do. (After all there's enough hostility on the internet already which really doesn't help anyone. Thanks.)

Dell Visor VR headset, Ryzen 5 5600 (6C/12T), RTX 2060 - basic DCS-community rule-of-thumb: Don't believe bad things that a PvP pilot claims about another PvP pilot without having analyzed the existing evidence

Well, what I DID figure out (after chatting with others), INS alignment seems to matter to get DL working... just switching it to "NAV" instantly (like Wags did in his video...) while refueling/rearming won't align INS anymore... So I'll try that soon. :pilotfly:
Sure INS is vital in Viper weapons system. Broken INS is no go for Viper.

Mastering others is strength. Mastering yourself is true power. - Lao Tze

• 2 weeks later...

Server updated to 2.5.5.41256

New Persian Gulf Operation Desert Thunder is now live on the server!

An Attack vs Defender scenario with waypoints in mainland Iran as objectives rather than airfields to try and force the air to air fight over the fantastic mountainous terrain available in the PG map.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

;4143622']in mainland Iran as objectives rather than airfields to try and force the air to air fight over the fantastic mountainous terrain available in the PG map.

OMG NICE! :thumbup::pilotfly:

Can I beg for JDAM and JSOW to be allowed (again)

I'm sorry to disappoint but GPS weapons probably won't be back for some time, they don't fit in with the current mission set.

Our missions are designed to be completed with co-operation from multiple assets, the thinking behind removing the GPS weapons was to encourage more teamwork.

Any lone wolf can YOLO towards the AO with 8 JDAMs and throw them at a SA-11 site before it can shoot him down and take down the entire site himself.

Removing the option to take JDAM forces clients to engage with HARM and from there employ LGBs from their own pods or from another aircraft, encouraging more teamwork.

Having LGBs only also promotes Helicopter JTAC insertions, as a chopper pilot can make a big difference especially when friendly aircraft dont have time to loiter over the target to self designate when bandits are near.

This way they can drop on the JTACs laser code and start to defend.

TLDR: LGBs encourage teamwork, GPS weapons don't.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

;4144506']Any lone wolf can YOLO towards the AO with 8 JDAMs and throw them at a SA-11 site before it can shoot him down

Doesn't Tor (SA-15) shoot down JDAMs in DCS? :huh:

Can the AUSAF be strictly for Nellis missions and not PG or Caucasus? And for PG missions can their be more number of localized FC3 planes?

Like EG: Mig-29A and Su-25A from Iran be at least 16 each. And increase number of JF-17s while reducing the number of F-16s for red side to maybe no more than 4 or 6. There could also be a mix of Chinese and Pak JF-17s. Blue side Mirages and Mig-29s can be Indian but small in numbers. Can Hornets be strictly blue side since the red side has JF-17 now?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

ED pls gib A-4 and F-4 :cry:

Also can other assets be used, especially those that are local? In Caucasus for example, redfor can use both the A-50 and the KJ-2000 Awacs. Whereas in the PG map, they can use the Iranian A-50 Adnan Awacs.

Another good example is when a base is captured, the cargo plane coming to deliver the SAM sites and other systems can be local to the map as well, like an Iranian IL-76 or C-130 for Redfor in PG map, while the C-17s or C-130s for blue could be Kuwaiti or UAE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Planes: FC3, P-51, F-86, F-5E, Mirage 2000, F/A-18, F-14, F-16, Mig-19P :joystick:

Can the AUSAF be strictly for Nellis missions and not PG or Caucasus?

No

And for PG missions can their be more number of localized FC3 planes?

Like EG: Mig-29A and Su-25A from Iran be at least 16 each.

No one flys these aircraft and they would take up too much space that can be used by other clients who fly popular aircraft.

And increase number of JF-17s while reducing the number of F-16s for red side to maybe no more than 4 or 6.

No, there is no LOD model for the JF-17 yet which is why there is only 4 included in each mission.

Can Hornets be strictly blue side since the red side has JF-17 now?

No, see the reason above.

Server updated to 2.5.5.41371

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

;4146712']No

No, there is no LOD model for the JF-17 yet which is why there is only 4 included in each mission.

Will it be considered after the LOD model gets added?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Op Desert Thunder feedback: Like it very much, LAR fights are always fun, fights around Bandar Abbas inbetween are also cool.

What I would like: More Helicopter stuff (shark on Blue maybe?). Transport slots @ Kish for Blue, maybe a second FARP when capture progresses? and Bandar Abbas + Bandar Lengeh for Red. This would allow dedicated helicopter pilots to help shape the battlefield.

On that note, if there is expansion on this, we should look and talk about CTLD ranges. I am not sure how it is set up right now, but the range from crate pickup (from FOB or FARP/AB) to LZ and SAM placement feels very close. If you have a bunch of dedicated helicopter pilots, this quickly becomes a bit too powerful and very annoying to fight against.

I am unsure what would be a reasonable range since nobody is going to be happy with anything, if you have the CTLD range small, Helicopters will be able to repair SAMs in safety faster than the enemy can destroy them. If you make the range too big the reverse happens with the addition of Helicopter pilots being very unhappy about long flights.

Range of CTLD from pickup to being able to build should be ideally short enough that it is still fun to build alone (flight 5-6x times to build a big one), while being long enough that if a transport got killed, it is not close enough from spawn&pickup to build multiple SAM's up right away again that just got destroyed.

Octuple & me for example build a Hawk ~8nm from the FARP on a Mountain & while climbing up there is a bitch, if somebody went about destroying that (in fact it was teamkilled), repairing it takes no time at all. Same for RED@ Lar, if you build some SAMs south on the mountain and the enemy goes about destroying them, building it up again takes no time (even if you take out a Transport).

I am a huge fan of groups of Helicopters working together to build stuff, build forward FOBs, deny territory, make a safe airspace/fallback area etc. but I think we should discuss this aswell because fighting it has to be fun too. Would love to hear from other rotorheads what they think is reasonable & fun.

edit: BLUE Lar Mistral slots not blocked by script and I am able to spawn there before Lar is captured (or even WP2 is cleared). All other slots looked fine on first glance.

edit2: There is also something off with JTAC times, they are really short and disappear after ~20-30 mins.

Edited by ApoNOOB