HP's Reverb VR Pro Headset

nervousenergy

nobody knows (yet).

They come with a cable clip, the same which already was available weeks ago. It seems to fix the connection-issues, but I really can't call that a *solution*.

Regarding the other known issues we need to wait for what people report.

Mine is ready to be picked up at the dealer, but I'll wait a few more days.

Really, no one outside of HP knows. Maybe the "clip" was thrown in with the V1.0 headsets as a quick fix, OR there were other minor changes as well. Mine reads V1000.2 in the hardware monitor. I haven't had issues with mine yet.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

Damnit! Amazon has stock again too. Laptop or Reverb?

It's not Amazon, it's a seller that uses Amazon. I'm pretty sure the sellers don't have the same return policy as Amazon itself. Keep that in mind. ;)

Personally, after reading the WMR and Reverb Redits, the ONLY 2 sellers I would buy a Reverb from would be Amazon or Best Buy. LOL

Edited by JG27_Arklight

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

I got an email alert (this morning) from Amazon stating to pre-order the Reverb which will be available on 19 Aug for $599.99, free shipping, and free technical support (?). I go back now using my email link, it states that it is currently unavailable.

I do see where it is also available from a third party from Amazon as well. I'm going to wait for the next batch from Amazon (non-third party).

I ordered from HP. Here is Amazon link. It is listed at $684.55 free shipping, which is within pennies of HP price plus shipping.

https://www.amazon.com/HP-Reverb-Virtual-Reality-Headset/dp/B07WCX76C7/ref=sr_1_1?crid=MD4264U1ZO8H&keywords=hp+reverb+headset&qid=1565732063&s=gateway&sprefix=HP+REVERB%2Caps%2C169&sr=8-1

That's what I saw as well going directly to the Amazon site. My email link for the alert notification from Amazon showed the lower price of $599.99.

There was stock earlier from Amazon for $599, but I'm sure they already ran out since I no longer see them. I had decided to get a laptop instead anyway, but the Reverb will be my choice again since I enjoyed having it before. Unless the Valve is ridiculously better.

i9 9900k @5.1GHz NZXT Kraken |Asus ROG Strix Z390 E-Gaming | Samsung NVMe m.2 970 Evo 1TB | LPX 64GB DDR4 3200MHz

EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | Reverb G1  | HOTAS Warthog | Saitek Flight Pedals

How is HPs return policy? Is it like Amazon/Best Buy's full refund no questions asked type thing?

*EDIT* Looks like HP changed the product pictures on their site. The new picture shows different cable management if my memory serves me correctly.

Edited by JG27_Arklight

Ark

------------------

Windows 10 Pro x64

9900K @ 5ghz

Gigabyte Aorus Master Z390

32GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB CAS 14

EVGA RTX 2080 Ti Ultra XC2

256gb Samsung 869 Pro (Boot Drive)

1TB - Samsung 970 EVO Plus

Seasoninc 1000w Titanium Ultra PSU

34" ASUS PG348

The trouble has been that many develop issues only after several to many hours of use and they heat and cool for many cycles. My first Reverb was perfect until over 20 hours. :smilewink:

These things are all manufactured in China but the debugging and fixing is occurring at HP in Houston, TX. I bet there have been some long winded conference calls between the two. :(

The HP tech rep I emailed last week is on vacation. Hopefully, not permanently. lol

I am pretty sure HP recalled stock from retailers to test them and deal with those already sold on a case by case basis to replace them or refund as necessary.

I have an original and it works fine so I think it is a matter of weeding out the rogue units and putting in better QA processes and production fixes for future ones.

I-7 8700K 5 Ghz OC, Trident Z RGB 32GB DDR4-3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, ASUS RTX2080 8GB OC, NVMe PCIe M.2 1 TB SSD, EVO 1TB SSD, WD 1TB HD, WD Black 2 TB HD image, Corsair H150i Pro Cooler, HOTAS 16000FCS, Corsair Crystal 570X RGB case, Corsair RM750x Gold PSU, Razer Cynosa Chroma RGB keyboard, Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse, Samsung QLED 4K 82" :) TV/monitor. HP Reverb. Lenovo Explorer. IRL Private Pilot.

How is HPs return policy? Is it like Amazon/Best Buy's full refund no questions asked type thing?

*EDIT* Looks like HP changed the product pictures on their site. The new picture shows different cable management if my memory serves me correctly.

I dont see that, looks just like mine.

New hotness: I7 9700k 4.8ghz, 32gb ddr4, 2080ti, :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, HP Reverb (formermly CV1)

Old-N-busted: i7 4720HQ ~3.5GHZ, +32GB DDR3 + Nvidia GTX980m (4GB VRAM) :joystick: TM Warthog. TrackIR, Rift CV1 (yes really).

The trouble has been that many develop issues only after several to many hours of use and they heat and cool for many cycles. My first Reverb was perfect until over 20 hours. :smilewink:

These things are all manufactured in China but the debugging and fixing is occurring at HP in Houston, TX. I bet there have been some long winded conference calls between the two. :(

The HP tech rep I emailed last week is on vacation. Hopefully, not permanently. lol

Im pretty sure ive got more than 20hrs on mine right now. It also doesnt get too hot. Warm yes. Hot no.

These babies are selling on the HP Store now.... My tech guy did say mid August. Looks like we have a Gen 2 ship date. I hope they stick to it. 8/21/2019

That is great since my Reverb return date is 8/27/2019. I may not have a gap.

I don't see any changes in their pictures (yet? I would think they would like to keep them looking the same)

https://store.hp.com/app/pdp/hp-reverb-virtual-reality-headset-professional-edition

Edited by Secoda

I-7 8700K 5 Ghz OC, Trident Z RGB 32GB DDR4-3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z390-E Gaming, ASUS RTX2080 8GB OC, NVMe PCIe M.2 1 TB SSD, EVO 1TB SSD, WD 1TB HD, WD Black 2 TB HD image, Corsair H150i Pro Cooler, HOTAS 16000FCS, Corsair Crystal 570X RGB case, Corsair RM750x Gold PSU, Razer Cynosa Chroma RGB keyboard, Razer Mamba Wireless Gaming Mouse, Samsung QLED 4K 82" :) TV/monitor. HP Reverb. Lenovo Explorer. IRL Private Pilot.

I had looked earlier at their return policy. Not sure if it applies to the Reverb, but they talked about a restocking fee may apply.

Well I just grabbed another one, even though I still have the yet untested Amazon unit sitting here. ( Was planning on first try tonight!)

I just don't feel I can trust it even it turns out fine.

But this next one better truly be a fixed Gen 2 or I'm going to be extremely upset!

BTW, I got mailed with taxes, but Amazon charged them too!

Reverb Pro back for orders they say they fixed the issues. HP Canada says they have a 30 day return for what ever reason

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Window 10, i9-9900,2080TI, 32GB ram Puma Pro Flight Trainer, 2 x 1TB WB SSD NVMe HP Reverb

Isn't "gen2" just a plastic clip to hold the two cables tighter? I don't think there was any change other than that?

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Isn't "gen2" just a plastic clip to hold the two cables tighter? I don't think there was any change other than that?

Voodooimaxx say the flicker has been fixed and thermals have been improved.

System specs: Intel i9-9900k OC 5.1Ghz, 32 GB PC3200 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB RAM, Asus Strix 2080 TI OC SLI, Asus Z390 Workstation Pro, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe and many other SSDs, Alienware 3418DW Widescreen 120 Hz G-Sync Monitor, Corsair H150i PRO RGB CPU Cooler

Flightgear: HP Reverb Pro, Samsung Odyssey +, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 Grip & T-50CM2 Base, TM Warthog, TM TPR Rudder, TM Cougar MFDs, Jetseat, Trackir 5, Sennheiser Game One Headset

I'm also wondering the same thing. Will all new ones come with a clip?

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz

https://www.reddit.com/r/HPReverb/comments/cppflj

/hp_reverb_is_shipping_now/?sort=new

I figured as much. This one goes back to Amazon this weekend while I await for a fresh unit from HP

By the way, my automatic rez setting in Steam was 32%. This with a top level rig. Whats up with that?

The OJO 500 and ConceptD OJO are 2 different headsets.

Yes, the names and similar designs are confusing...

Yup. Not the same headsets.

Just got off the phone with HP. Had to jump through a few flaming hoops to get to the right division, but their commercial division is fantastic. They started walking me through troubleshooting, and the friggin thing came up and started working as soon as I plugged it in. So, I have a case number now, as well as a direct number for their commercial division. They told me that if the problem resurfaces to call them directly and they'll help me get things figured out as far as what needs to be replaced.

As far as the warranty issue goes, while I was looking at the ID plate on the inside of the headset, I saw printed on the ID plate that the warranty is 1 year. So, it looks like the 3 year warranty I originally saw on the web-site must have been an error of some kind. Its all good now. They're taking great care of me. My trust in them has been restored! :D

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

I figured as much. This one goes back to Amazon this weekend while I await for a fresh unit from HP

By the way, my automatic rez setting in Steam was 32%. This with a top level rig. Whats up with that?

Mine is 150%.

System specs: Intel i9-9900k OC 5.1Ghz, 32 GB PC3200 G.SKILL TridentZ RGB RAM, Asus Strix 2080 TI OC SLI, Asus Z390 Workstation Pro, 970 EVO 1TB M.2 PCIe NVMe and many other SSDs, Alienware 3418DW Widescreen 120 Hz G-Sync Monitor, Corsair H150i PRO RGB CPU Cooler

Flightgear: HP Reverb Pro, Samsung Odyssey +, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 Grip & T-50CM2 Base, TM Warthog, TM TPR Rudder, TM Cougar MFDs, Jetseat, Trackir 5, Sennheiser Game One Headset

Gah. I'm waiting on an update here, too. Just want to know if they can ID if we are getting the v1.1 or whatever. Hopefully Voodoo can relay info soon. My unit from BLT doesnt arrive until Thursday. I'm installing a dedicated 3.0 USB 10gbs w/ 900ma power a single usb port. I will also be downloading new Nvidia drivers as well.

Crossing my fingers BLT's stock has the clip and HP can confirm that those are a v1.1 unit.

Intel i7 8700K / ASRock Pro 4 / 32 Gb Patriot Viper 3200mhz DDR4 / Founders Edition RTX2080 / 250 Gb Westgate SSD for OS / 1TB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe PCIe M.2 SSD / Win 10 - 64bit / HP Reverb / VKB Combat Stick & Thrustmaster WarthogThrottle / MFG Crosswinds Pedals / 32 Input Button Box / Saitek Throttle Quadrant

Oh, I see. I'll have to check out the link. Thanks for that.

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

Yea I posted in that Reddit thread. Will wait to see what he says. I'm going in vacation soon so hopefully by the time I'm back we will have some answers.

Asus ROG Strix Z790-E | Core i9 13900K-NZXT Kraken X73 AIO | 32GB DDR5 G Skill Neo 6600mhz | 2TB Sk Hynix P41 Platinum nvme |1TB Evo 970 Plus nvme | OCZ Trion 150 960GB | 256GB Samsung 830 | 1TB Samsung 850 EVO | Gigabyte OC 4090  | Phanteks P600S | 1000W MSI  MPG A1000G | LG C2 42 Evo 3840x2160 @ 120hz