M-2000C Navigation Lights Fix

Voodooflies

Hello people,

My work is based on my previous infamous topic Unrealistic Aircrafts NAV Lights. So here is my new contribution to RAZBAM's M-2000C, I fixed the navigation lights as nothing was made yet by the community and as I couldn't handle this issue anymore while waiting for a fix.

As you probably notice, most aircrafts in DCS shine like ridiculous Christmas trees, I tried to correct that, I'm not claiming my mod is perfect, I ain't a Photoshop Guru, but it's at least something which is more oriented towards reality. Not to mention, this is my personal taste, it might not suit for everyone.

I noticed that in most cases, the navigation lights are most likely tiny and almost invisible in real life during day time, that's a fact. However it should be quite visible on dusk/dawn time but not that much on military jets. So what are the changes ? I kinda removed the halo effect which tends to create bubbles around the light source and I tried to reduce the light source size. I edited the official RAZBAM .dds file, so hopefully, if you guys approve it, speak up your voice and RAZBAM may approve it on the official module !

Things I hope to change :

* Volumetric light would be awesome.

* Strobe/Anticol' lights should have that sweet and nice popping flash effect, as made on BMS.

* Navigation lights shouldn't be visible from the pilot's seat, I don't have the knowledge yet to fix this.

* Lights still tends to form a halo while dezooming with the mousewheel, this may be a DCS limitation.

Here is a picture that I used as reference :

1468952378-maxresdefault.jpg

RAZBAM M-2000C Navigation Lights Fix (V1.0) - also available on ED Official Files Library :

1.thumb.jpg.34da3241b9233c4c62db133b5826b96c.jpg

2.thumb.jpg.e0b0057fb5988232630246c1eaa5c42a.jpg

3.jpg.e85ee309fd23633661b4e6213a2c5d5d.jpg

5.thumb.png.68b2241f0251c86d49d62dfbf1bab039.png

4.jpg.dd1e7e142a1ebb0729af660cfa709b7a.jpg

6.jpg.a66fcadd3bb70958dcf15c5667886735.jpg

RAZBAM M-2000C Navigation Lights Fix (JSGME).rar

RAZBAM M-2000C Navigation Lights Fix.zip

Edited by Sacha
  • Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Good job...

Note: Pour rendre le fichier compatible JSGME t'as juste à inclure le fichier dans les dossier \CoreMods\aircraft\M-2000C\Textures\M-2000C\ et ziper le tout. C'est plus pratique.

Sympa pour l'info ! :thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

* Volumetric light would be awesome.

* Strobe/Anticol' lights should have that sweet and nice popping flash effect, as made on BMS.

* Navigation lights shouldn't be visible from the pilot's seat, I don't have the knowledge yet to fix this.

* Lights still tends to form a halo while dezooming with the mousewheel, this may be a DCS limitation.

▲ all have done by a developer/modder many years ago . (and much more awesome things/effects)

hopefully he will release it in the near future

sign-pic4.jpg

Goood job!

It could be interesting to have some night screenshot

ASUS Z170 PRO Gaming || i7x6700K@4.6GHz || Noctua NH-U14S || Corsair16GB DDR4 - 3000MHz || Asus Strix GTX-1080 TI-11GB || TrackIr 5Pro || Saitek x-55 Rhino || Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals || Win10 pro

Is this how it's suppose to look?

tK3pcQH.png

Nop, it should look just like on the screenshots. To keep it simple, there are 3 positions for the navigation lights (OFF/DIM/BRIGHT), make sure you're on the first position by right-clicking only once on the switch. To me, it looks like you went into BRIGHT mode.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I noticed that in most cases, the navigation lights are most likely tiny and almost invisible in real life during day time, that's a fact. However it should be quite visible on dusk/dawn time but not that much on military jets.

I agree, the Navs in DCS are too much, however, I want to make sure you're not being mislead by this statement. All aircraft must have position lights to assist in visual separation, ICAO governs this requirement. By having a red light on the left wing, it shows oncoming aircraft from the left that they must yeild. Just because they're military aircraft doesn't make them any different. However, they do have a low intensity option that most civil aircraft do not and if they do not wish to be seen in a tactical environment, they will turn them off.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

Excellent thank you

My Hardware: ROG Strix X570-F Gaming - AMD 5600X @ 4.7 ghz - G.SKILL TRIDENT 32GB DDR4 3200 (14-14-14-34 CL) - GigaByte 3080ti OC 12gb - Corsair MP600 Force 1TB - 2 x EVO Nvme 500GB - Virpil Warbird Base T-50CM2 and TM Throttle + Trackhat + G25 + AOC AG271QG 27"

My Modules: JF-17, F-16C, AV-8N/A, F-18C, ASJ37, MiG-15Bis, MiG-21Bis, Fw-190D, Bf-109K, P-51D, F-86F, Ka-50 III, UH-1H, Mi-8MTV2, NS430, FC3, A-10C, Mirage 2000C, L-39, F-5E-3, SA342, Spitfire, AH-64, Mirage F-1CE.

My Maps: Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, Syria, South Atlantic.

{down = 3454, up = 3454, cockpit_device_id = 16, value_down = 0.5, name = _('Navigation Lights DIM'), category = _('External Illumination')},

New bind for DIM Option

Where can I find this string to be repalced?

ASUS Z170 PRO Gaming || i7x6700K@4.6GHz || Noctua NH-U14S || Corsair16GB DDR4 - 3000MHz || Asus Strix GTX-1080 TI-11GB || TrackIr 5Pro || Saitek x-55 Rhino || Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals || Win10 pro

You get the Switch ID from Mods/aircraft/XXXXX/Scrips/Clickabledata.lua

And you see what key you want to crate the bind for you see it's definition ID and then se what device system it's using

So you go to Mods/aircraft/XXXXX/Scrips/devices.lua and check there for Device ID

And you set the correct value to what you need

Where can I find this string to be repalced?

To add this bind copy and paste it into the following file

Mods/aircraft/M-2000C/input/M-2000C/keyboard/default.lua

Mods/aircraft/M-2000C/input/M-2000C/Joystick/default.lua

You can put it above the first bind if you want

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Youtube

Reddit

Thanks. Any chance you could do the same for the A-10C?

Gotta look on that one as the navigation lights on the A-10C irritate me aswell, I'm thinking about reworking the UH-1H too, but the thing is that each aircraft are made differently regarding textures and stuff.

I agree, the Navs in DCS are too much, however, I want to make sure you're not being mislead by this statement. All aircraft must have position lights to assist in visual separation, ICAO governs this requirement. By having a red light on the left wing, it shows oncoming aircraft from the left that they must yeild. Just because they're military aircraft doesn't make them any different. However, they do have a low intensity option that most civil aircraft do not and if they do not wish to be seen in a tactical environment, they will turn them off.

This is another topic mate, I'm aware of this though, the issue was based on the fact that navigation lights renders on DCS are unrealistic and shoudn't be that visible at noon. As follow, this is how my mod renders out at noon time with a sweet SKC CAVOK.

1469039085-d1.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

This is another topic mate, I'm aware of this though, the issue was based on the fact that navigation lights renders on DCS are unrealistic and shoudn't be that visible at noon. As follow, this is how my mod renders out at noon time with a sweet SKC CAVOK.

1469039085-d1.jpg

Like I mentioned, I totally agree and I'll be adding this mod to my game, it looks fantastic.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPU - Intel 8088 @ 4.77 MHz; Memory - 128KB; 360KB double-sided

5 1/4" full-height floppy disk drive; 10MB Seagate ST-412 hard drive

JG-1 MiG-21bis Checklist

• 2 weeks later...