Front gunner, no doors?

^ I suppose he means strictly rear cargo doors. Unfortunately, it seems mission editor isn't capable of saving such a config. Even if one creates a loadout with front gun only, select it and then ticks the rear doors removal (or the other way around), the chopper spawns with rear doors on.

However, I've noticed one can create a mission with a chopper without doors, then use rearm menu (to select that front-gun-only config created previously) and voila - front gun shows up, while the rear doors are still missing. A messy workaround, but workaround nevertheless.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

However, I've noticed one can create a mission with a chopper without doors, then use rearm menu (to select that front-gun-only config created previously) and voila - front gun shows up, while the rear doors are still missing. A messy workaround, but workaround nevertheless.

Have you tried selecting no doors and adding front door gunner as the default loadout? Perhaps that would spawn the chopper in the desired configuration right away.

Danger zone!

I created a custom loadout with front gun only and tried selecting it first, no doors option second (plus saving and loading the mission), then doing the same in reverse order. Neither worked when the heli was spawned. Not a problem for me, 'cause I fly Mi-8 pretty much always in civilian configuration anyway, but wanted to do some testing to help original poster.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

This one works, and is good enough for me to use. Thanks!

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!