DCS Update Patch Notes Discussion Thread

NineLine

Over 4 weeks and no updates- a record?

It’s been well over 4 weeks since we had a OB update. Can’t remember it ever being this long before. Obviously, ED are working hard on the outstanding issues, but this does seem surprising.

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

• Replies 4.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nothing to see here since thread was moved and merged

Edited by Johnny_Rico

METAR weather for DCS World missions

Guide to help out new DCS MOOSE Users -> HERE

Havoc Company Dedicated server info Connect IP: 94.23.215.203

SRS enabled - freqs - Main = 243, A2A = 244, A2G = 245

Please contact me HERE if you have any server feedback or METAR issues/requests

• ED Team
It’s been well over 4 weeks since we had a OB update. Can’t remember it ever being this long before. Obviously, ED are working hard on the outstanding issues, but this does seem surprising.

Last update was 04-04-2018, when the release version got 2.5,

updates happen when ED are ready, not before.

it would be nice if they give us an update that would give us offline DCS mode

So if our internet or DCS servers are down we can play DCS in single player mode

eg

Offline mode is coming, wait, when ED are ready they will update us.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

What was in this update???

I thought it is till today the same Version than the OB.

What was updated when the OB moved to release? I was under the impression the Release version = Open Beta?

I might need to change branches for the update.

VR Cockpit (link):

Custom Throttletek F/A-18C Throttle w/ Hall Sensors + Otto switches | Slaw Device RX Viper Pedals w/ Damper | VPC T-50 Base + 15cm Black Sahaj Extension + TM Hornet or Warthog Grip | Super Warthog Wheel Stand Pro | Steelcase Leap V2 + JetSeat SE

VR Rig:

Pimax 5K+ | ASUS ROG Strix 1080Ti | Intel i7-9700K | Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Master | Corsair H115i RGB Platinum | 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro RGB 3200 | Dell U3415W Curved 3440x1440

Thanks BIGNEWY, that was not my point. Of course, updates will be made available when ED are ready, goes without saying.

The last OB update was on 21 March, not 4 April, more than 4 weeks ago, as I said. Historically, that seems like a long time between updates on the beta stream.

I was merely expressing some surprise that there has not been one, not making some demand that there should have been one!

Intel i7 12700K · MSI Gaming X Trio RTX 4090 · ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-A Wi-Fi · MSI 32" MPG321UR QD · Samsung 970 500Gb M.2 NVMe · 2 x Samsung 850 Evo 1Tb · 2Tb HDD · 32Gb Corsair Vengance 3000MHz DDR4 · Windows 11 · Thrustmaster TPR Pedals · Tobii Eye Tracker 5 · Thrustmaster F/A-18 Hornet Grip · Virpil MongoosT-50CM3 Base · Virpil Throttle MT-50 CM3 · Virpil Alpha Prime Grip · Virpil Control Panel 2 · Thrustmaster F-16 MFDs · HTC Vive Pro 2 · Total Controls Multifunction Button Box

• ED Team

Currently release and open beta are the same version number.

My point was the last update was to the release version to bring 2.5, so it is not like ED havn't pushed any versions out for 4 weeks.

We have been longer without a patch before, I think we get used to having them every week, but we shouldn't expect them every week.

We are currently testing the next patch internally, hopefully you wont have to wait to long.

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

• ED Team
Currently release and open beta are the same version number.

My point was the last update was to the release version to bring 2.5, so it is not like ED havn't pushed any versions out for 4 weeks.

We have been longer without a patch before, I think we get used to having them every week, but we shouldn't expect them every week.

We are currently testing the next patch internally, hopefully you wont have to wait to long.

Correct. Ver 2.5.1 is currently in testing with the biggest changes being the Offline Mode option and the memory unloader. Both of these are complex items that first need significant testing. We are pushing hard to release 2.5.1 as soon as we can.

Thank you for your patience.

Thanks for that, BIGNEWY.

Will 2.5.1 patch also include updates for modules such as the Harrier, and other aircrafts or is it just a core update? Any word or update on the new carrier module?

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

• ED Team
Will 2.5.1 patch also include updates for modules such as the Harrier, and other aircrafts or is it just a core update? Any word or update on the new carrier module?

Its up to 3rd Parties to get their updates to ED, if they do, they will be included.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

Will 2.5.1 patch also include updates for modules such as the Harrier, and other aircrafts

The Change log will show ED Aircraft changes.

It's up to the 3rd Party Developer to submit changes and have change logs ready/published

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Its up to 3rd Parties to get their updates to ED, if they do, they will be included.

Cool, thanks.

Spoiler:

MSI Z790 Carbon WIFI, i9 14900KF, 64GB DDR4, MSI RTX 4090, Thrustmaster Warthog Throttle, VKB Gunfighter Ultimate MCG Pro w/200mm Extension, Winwing Orion Rudder Pedals W/damper, UTC MK II Pro, Virpil TCS Plus Collective, Dell AW3418DW Gsync monitor, 970 Pro M2 1TB (for DCS), Playseat Air Force Seat, KW-980 Jetseat, Vaicom Pro, 3X TM Cougar with Lilliput 8" screens. Tek Creations panels and controllers.

Please ED, for the sake of your customers, only accept patches if they are accompanied by patch notes. It's annoying (as well as being very unprofessional) that changes are being released without patch notes and what's more it is easily within ED's control to resolve this rediculous situation. This is not some freeware mobile app but an expensive product and lacking patch notes for any code distributed by ED is totally inappropriate.

PC specs:

Please ED, for the sake of your customers, only accept patches if they are accompanied by patch notes. It's annoying (as well as being very unprofessional) that changes are being released without patch notes and what's more it is easily within ED's control to resolve this rediculous situation. This is not some freeware mobile app but an expensive product and lacking patch notes for any code distributed by ED is totally inappropriate.

You forgot to mention that this is your opinion and that you do not represent the community as a whole :thumbup:

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

You forgot to mention that this is your opinion and that you do not represent the community as a whole
I think he is quite right.

Sent from my iQE100 while I was inverted

"These are not the bugs you are looking for..":pilotfly:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My YouTube channel

SPECS

-AMD FX8370 8 Core Processor 4.2 ghz

-GIGABYTE 970A-UD3P

-GTX 1050 TI Windforce 4g

-16 GB RAM

-Saitek X 52

-FaceNOIRtrack - 3 point clip Red Led

You forgot to mention that this is your opinion and that you do not represent the community as a whole :thumbup:

It makes you wonder though, who's testing those updates if ED does not even know what's inside them?

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

It makes you wonder though, who's testing those updates if ED does not even know what's inside them?

Please don't make assumptions that you know what goes on w/ a Developers Internal Operations or Testers.

ED Knows what's changes are committed, as do testers, both ED's and the 3rd Party's own Independent Testers.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

I think he is quite right.

Sent from my iQE100 while I was inverted

What is your point? That the two of you combined do represent the communties wishes? My point is, people think their own problems they have with the game is the most important one and should be fixed immediatly. To make a point about the topic, if there is no changelog then you can expect there to be nothing more but very minor (unnoticeable) changes. Major changes are sure to get attention either in a changelog or otherwise on the forums.

''Greed is a bottomless pit which exhausts the person in an endless effort to satisfy the need without ever reaching satisfaction.''

Erich Fromm

No, I did not forget. There is nothing in my profile, signature, or posts to suggest that I represent ED, one of their partners, any third party, or have been elected as some sort of community/customer spokesperson. Therefore it may reasonably be assumed that I post as an individual. Since we are not the Borg, I must be speaking my own mind and only for myself. :thumbup:
Edited by bell_rj
added word for clarity

PC specs:

ED Knows what's changes are committed, as do testers, both ED's and the 3rd Party's own Independent Testers.

So if you know what changes are committed, why most of the time those changelogs are not published with the update?

All in all, that would also make our life as customers and early adopters easier.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

So if you know what changes are committed, why most of the time those changelogs are not published with the update?

All in all, that would also make our life as customers and early adopters easier.

From memory from an old video - it was stated the whole team work on updates and fixes with one doing the list, meaning a lot it missed off.

I understand the frustration

BUT im sure you can see a list of 'what's been updated ' on your machine after you update

In the update log in saved games / logs

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Water cooled i9-9900K | Maximus Code XI MB | RTX3090  | 64GB | HP Reverb G2 

There are two different types of changelogs. There is the internal changelog/tasklog that contains everything that has beeing worked on and then there is the public changelog that only contains stuff that is relevant and intended for the customers. Which items will get on the public patchlog and which items don't has to be decided by the dev team. ED can do that for their own stuff, but they can't make this decision for the 3rd parties, so they have to provide their own public changelog. Some 3rd parties provide them to ED, so ED can include it in the official update patch notes news. Some 3rd parties make their own patch note threads in thir subforums and some don't do anything like that.

This is also a bit difficult for 3rd party devs as they send their changes to ED on a regular basis, but they don't necessarily know when ED is releasing a new update. That means that a 3rd party dev might commit several changes to ED untill ED releases them as part of a new DCS update and the 3rd party dev then doesn't know which of his changes are included in the new DCS update.

That's at least what I gathered from following this issue over several years.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg