What a challenge.

Chief1942

About a week ago I got an examine due to some speaking process in my life. The issue wasn't having most of my capable of flying DCS and even the F-18C and almost all of the new stuff. I am not any thing but a single flyer so I don't get challenged with the abilities of you young flyers. Heck, studying the new stuff and doing okay. Well, it turns out my medical issue turns out to brain cancer directly affecting my speak brain speaking ability. Had surgery and have quite a bit of cancer treatment to get rid of the issue. I have just returned home after the surgery and am awaiting the several months treatment. I thought, what the heck, how the heck is this medical issue affecting my ability to fly the DCS aircraft that I have for years. Went to the P-51D, which I prefer older aircraft, and although there is some definite getting back into the proper procedure, I did okay. Was able to win the air to air battle against the German aircraft. There are some medical issues that need to be fixed to get me back to the prior capability, but DCS is a major for training for my new medical issue. At 76 years old, what a wonderful access for me to get through this. Thank you DCS.

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

Chief, take care buddy! thank you for sharing, and I hope and pray all is well. From one 'Zonie to another. Glad to hear you're on top of it.

-Jav

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

Thank you Javelina1, fellow Arizona. This issue has been to my benefit to have access to a great medical that deals specific with this illness. But, as I stated, I am very pleased as the level of DCS and the proof that actually be an asset to my recover for my problem. Simply watching the Indernet about what is going on in this world today, is NOT going to help.

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

All the best to you with your current struggles.. It is great to see that our shared obsession can remain a great hobby even when more important issues come knocking on our door.. I hope to follow your excellent example and intend to fly long past my 70's as well...

Take care and keep exercising that brain.. I can't think of a better way than with DCS! Keeps the mind busy along with hand / eye coordination and great fun!

All the best to you! (And I agree you should stay away from the news... I do!)

"Pride is a poor substitute for intelligence."

RAMBO

Outlawal2, Thanks, and you are right, just staying involved with these types of programs (DCS) are actually a physical improvement even above ALL the enjoyment of simply making believe we have some of that true ability.

Wags,

I simply want to make sure how surprised ,even with ALL the enjoyment DCS has provided me with the enjoyment over the years. that this business you are so much part of, is actually beneficial and helpful with my current problem. I never thought I would experience the brain cancer, but as they treat me for it, what I have enjoyed from you folks for years is helpful as well with my situation.Thank you

Just wanted to say that I was dx with a rare, relatively benign cancer about 6 years ago, following a succession of a dozen mini-strokes, give or take. My primary symptom was aphasia, or difficulty with speaking and comprehension. Other challenges involved memory and concentration.

My point is, is that over time things have gotten better. Despite the fact that I'm no kid anymore, I have healed and recovered most of my lost faculties. Hang in there, it takes time, but it will come.

Thanks everyone. Totally new situation for me, but must say, even though going to the treatment for the problem, I STILL enjoy flying DCS because that has been very great for me for many years.

take care man greetings from Greece..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]W10(64bit)Asus Rog Strix Z370-F - i7 8700K - Dark Rock Pro 4 - 16 giga ram Corsair vengeance 3000 - MSI RTX 2070 Super - Asus Rog Phobeus soundcard - Z906 Surround speaker - Track ir5 - HOTAS Warthog

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Chief,

Best wishes sent from Washington state - get well soon dude.

I have most of the modules but spend a majority of my time in the P-51 on the Caucasus map just flying around sight seeing.

I7-7700K 4.5 GHz / RTX 2080 Ti / 32Gb RAM / 1Tb 850 Evo SSD / Win10 Pro / TM Warthog / Crosswind Pedals / Odyssey+

Bun,

Thank you and so many that wish me the best. Might seem odd, but I do spend most of my computer time right here on this DCS forum more than anywhere else. At least here, there are people who are as aware as I am as to just how much enjoyable it is.

my heart with you man.

salute from Turkey

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

. Simply watching the Indernet about what is going on in this world today, is NOT going to help.

Wise words, I hope many read them and obey the wisdom you share.

My best wishes for you :flowers:

Gigabyte Aorus X570S Master - Ryzen 5900X - Gskill 64GB 3200/CL14@3600/CL14 - Asus 1080ti EK-waterblock - 4x Samsung 980Pro 1TB - 1x Samsung 870 Evo 1TB - 1x SanDisc 120GB SSD - Heatkiller IV - MoRa3-360LT@9x120mm Noctua F12 - Corsair AXi-1200 - TiR5-Pro - Warthog Hotas - Saitek Combat Pedals - Asus PG278Q 27" QHD Gsync 144Hz - Corsair K70 RGB Pro - Win11 Pro/Linux - Phanteks Evolv-X 

Of all diseases one can get, the ones that affect the brain scare me the most...

All the best and great to hear that DCS helps you!

Modules: Bf 109, C-101, CE-II, F-5, Gazelle, Huey, Ka-50, Mi-8, MiG-15, MiG-19, MiG-21, Albatros, Viggen, Mirage 2000, Hornet, Yak-52, FC3

• 7 months later...

Chief not doing so good

My husbands Brain cancer has progressed and he is no longer able to "fly"

This breaks my heart because he loved this hobby so much.

I do need to find someone who can use his equipment... he has a lot of it.

I'd like to get something for it mostly I want it to go to someone who'd enjoy it nearly as much as he has.

Chief 1942 is still hanging on ...Praising his Lord and loving his family. I know he misses you all and his flights.

I am deeply sorry for both you and Chief. I hope you get what you want.

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.