VEAO & Hawk discussion (please mind the forum rules)

Protip : random posts on the forum make you look like a tantrum throwing child. The ACTUAL place to do something like that, *drumroll*, is the support/ticket system. Crazy, I know. But then I try to actually get things done instead of merely appearing edgey for public spectacle @@

Well said.

Sadly, in this self-obsession age we're in, such common sense might be lost.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

• Replies 460
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't get those kind of dramatic declarations. I assume these people are drama queens in real life, too, must make things hard.

Protip : random posts on the forum make you look like a tantrum throwing child. The ACTUAL place to do something like that, *drumroll*, is the support/ticket system. Crazy, I know. But then I try to actually get things done instead of merely appearing edgey for public spectacle @@

Complaining about the complainers seems like a drama queen thing to do. Personally, I think its about time this thread got locked, but maybe somebody is getting off from all of the crocodile tears being shed in this thread. Ive already moved on to trying to actually fly other aircraft worth flying. You guys and gals should do the same. :doh:

Intel 13900k @ 5.8ghz | 64gb GSkill Trident Z | MSI z790 Meg ACE| Zotac RTX4090 | Asus 1000w psu | Slaw RX Viper 2 pedals | VKB Gunfighter Mk3 MCE Ultimate + STECS/ Virpil MongoosT50+ MongoosT50CM | K-51 Collective + custom AH64D TEDAC | HP Reverb G2 | Windows 11 Pro | |Samsung Odyssey G9 | Next Level Racing Flight Seat Pro

The Boeing MQ-25A Sting Ray = Dirt Devil with wings
 My wallpaper and skins

It has nothing to do with the said events. I just dont like it. Perhaps gift it to somebody?

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

You can open a support ticket if you want to see if you can gift it to someone.

will do.. thanks..

Does ANYONE HERE want the Hawk? ANYBODY??

Edited by WildBillKelsoe

AWAITING ED NEW DAMAGE MODEL IMPLEMENTATION FOR WW2 BIRDS

Fat T is above, thin T is below. Long T is faster, Short T is slower. Open triangle is AWACS, closed triangle is your own sensors. Double dash is friendly, Single dash is enemy. Circle is friendly. Strobe is jammer. Strobe to dash is under 35 km. HDD is 7 times range key. Radar to 160 km, IRST to 10 km. Stay low, but never slow.

will do.. thanks..

Does ANYONE HERE want the Hawk? ANYBODY??

Yep, I want it!

If you really manage to get rid of your license, please call me via PM, I will then tell you the DCS shop username (its not my username in this forum here).

Edited by TOViper

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

• 2 weeks later...

:wallbash:

Is anyone still flying the Hawk? Wouldn't mind trying my hand at group aerobatics.... or F-5E... or FA-18C...

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

I never flew the Hawk much due to all its limitations. When the current release version surpassed the last version that supported the Hawk, I permanently lost the ability to fly the Hawk. I am not maintaining that much hard drive space to support an old version for an aircraft that I never flew much anyway. I would have like to have seen the Hawk brought up to current DCS World standards and all the major bugs ironed out, but that is not to be, so I lost the money I spent on the Hawk. The P-40F is even worse... never even got to try it. There is a lesson in there somewhere about buying modules before they are even released in a decent state ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

:wallbash:

Is anyone still flying the Hawk? Wouldn't mind trying my hand at group aerobatics.... or F-5E... or FA-18C...

yes I am

but unfortunately I don't have much time during the spring, summer and autumn months ...

Visit https://www.viggen.training
...Viggen... what more can you ask for?

my computer:
AMD Ryzen 5600G | NVIDIA GTX 1080 Ti OC 11GB | 32 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 DUAL | SSD 980 256 GB SYS + SSD 2TB DCS | TM Warthog Stick + Throttle + TPR | Rift CV1

looks like VAEO are still updating their website and trying to offer an explanation ??? http://veaosimulations.co.uk/ and by the way there are supposed to be air quotes around the explanation word above

I have a huge amount of respect for the products that ED and their 3rd party contributors produce but it looks as though the tail has been allowed to wag the dog whereby both parties lose out.

Very sad and not much chance of a community Hawk either.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

The Hawk was the most buggy module with the worst flight model and a rubbish cockpit. VEAO also had longer than most to fix any issues, while their competition has arrived later and overtaken them to produce far better products.

While perhaps there's some truth to VEAO's story, every other dev has managed to do far better than them; it reads as yet another excuse to me.

Edited by NineLine
removed quote for OP

I suppose neither Razabam or Heatblur or anyone of 3rd party want to go to jail, why only Veao had this problem? Somebody of ED want to go to jail maybe, they released A-10 and F-18, VEAO did give back money to customer that bought their P-40 directly on Veao store? I think ED requested to VEAO to complete the Hawk with a better quality and they could not did it...sorry for my english

Edited by NineLine
removed quote for OP

Latest VEAO message get me more sad than ever. Even now, they are still blaming ED for their business path... :(

My objective opinion is that I see quality modules coming out to us as end-users from ED and 3rd parties. I also can see a continuous improvements on all older modules, including here Mig21. For me this is what it really matters. I have no doubt that without strict regulations this will not be possible, otherwise we can found out a Airbus doing loops here as well :D.

VEAO, your English explanation is exceptional as always... saying a lot, doing so less. What I can see in regards of your activity is that you struggled ...you really did.. unfortunately not smart enough. You helped here pioneering 3rd parties relations with ED and I am sure a lot of lessons have been learned.

Farewell VEAO and good luck with your further projects! (Just get rid of VEAO branding)

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

I read it and still don't know what those legal issues could be.

"Couldn't morally consider", yeah, right, but taking money for a product that was never finished, or even released, and refusing refunds is perfectly fine.

Looks like they are hiding behind vague statements and "legal" issues to the very end.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro