what is DCS: NS430

Abburo

251 comments and nobody knows if this is just a one trick pony for the MI-8

If it's a generic multipurpose aircraft one, for those aircraft that will support it - it's a buy from me.

If it's just for the MI-8 and you expect us to buy it each time for every aircraft we have than you will sour me further with your DLC model and I'll need to consider more carefully in future what companies I support.

The whole idea of software is to get around these 'physical' issues.

Well, we don't know because the devs don't want to tell us. Maybe they haven't made that decision yet.

Yeah, it's a weird situation.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

If it's a generic multipurpose aircraft one, for those aircraft that will support it - it's a buy from me.

If it's just for the MI-8 and you expect us to buy it each time for every aircraft we have than you will sour me further with your DLC model and I'll need to consider more carefully in future what companies I support.

My stance exactly. And it almost seems like things are intentionally kept kind of vague at this point.

I don't agree with people who think the price is too expensive for this module, I don't agree either with people who think it should be free. I believe this is a great way for ED and other developers to make some additional income that can also add a lot to the sim for the consumers too.

However, if the intention is to make it "pay per module integration", then I will not support it. Don't get me wrong, paying per versions of another aircraft would be something I want to see happen, so we can get multiple variants even if they are fairly different so they can't be made into a pay once bundle. But this isn't the same thing.

Edit:

Actually we do know, because it was already available for the L-39.

Yeah, it was.

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Actually we do know, because it was already available for the L-39.

That doesn't say anything about the pricing and licensing model.

Fact is, what you currently buy is "DCS: NS 430 Navigation System for DCS: Mi-8MTV2". Not "DCS: NS 430 Navigation System for DCS World".

I see three possibilities:

* One purchase for 15$ will serve all aircraft that will eventually get this addon.

* Every aircraft will require separate purchase. This can get pricey really quick.

* One purchase will serve all aicraft, but the purchase price will increase with every aircraft that gets the GPS. Similar situation with FC3, which gets more expensive as ED adds new features.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I see only this option:

* One purchase for 15$ will serve all aircraft that will eventually get this addon.

Everything else would be utterly retarded and I'm sure they won't do that.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

It either is for the Mi-8 only, or it comes available for a subset of DCS AC for free (or at least the price will be nominal). Nothing else makes sense, since pretty much no-one is willing to pay $15 a pop.

The DCS Mi-8MTV2. The best aviational BBW experience you could ever dream of.

Nothing else makes sense, since pretty much no-one is willing to pay $15 a pop.

It depends on how you want balance realism against price - paying Belsimtek/ED to rework existing assets.

For example the GNS 430 in the Mi-17 drives an enhanced HSI (KI 852) and different Com and Nav transceivers. So to add the GNS 430 correctly, looks to involve a cockpit rework.

The same is true for the L-39.

We have the F-5E-3 without an ILS or INS because the USA didn't spec them as standard - which I think was a bad choice by BST (but now it might be ok to add GNS430 features?).

I liked BST's Huey compromise adding the Australian mini-guns never used by the US but which exist in real life.

So to add the GNS 430 to a Mi-8, they should base the equipment spec/features off a specific airframe/date. So if there's a Mi-8 (or M-17) with a co-pilot GNS430 and nothing else - it's ok, OTOH if not - don't do it in DCS.

The same would apply to the L-39.

For the UH-1H - there are examples using the GNC250XL and portable GNS696

For the F-5 - an T-38 squadron uses the portable GNS696, so I suppose that'd be ok.

Not sure what's used in the MiG-21 or WWII warbirds - GPS should be disabled/non-functional for missions prior to 1980 ? as a fix for WWII and Korea servers/missions either way.

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

Not sure what's used in the MiG-21 or WWII warbirds - GPS should be disabled/non-functional for missions prior to 1980 ? as a fix for WWII and Korea servers/missions either way.

It should be up to the server host to prohibit the use of the Garmin GPS device if he wants to. Currently there is no such option AFAIK, which means that people can use it in Cold War missions (and WW2 missions if WW2 birds will also get this device). That's a huge problem, because using such a device in such a mission would be nothing else but cheating or pay2win at the least. :mad:

Edited by QuiGon

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

It should be up to the server host to prohibit the use of the Garmin GPS device if he wants to. Currently there is no such option AFAIK, which means that people can use it in Cold War missions (and WW2 missions if WW2 birds will also get this device). That's a huge problem, because using such a device in such a mission would be nothing else but cheating or pay2win at the least. :mad:

Is it really? I could agree if the given server ran complete Fog of War, and you couldnt even see your own position. But no servers that Im aware of, do that.

Imo the device just adds another level of immersion, but you can easily do without, and just check F10.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

Is it really? I could agree if the given server ran complete Fog of War, and you couldnt even see your own position. But no servers that Im aware of, do that.

Several do. For instance Burning Skies WWII. All the "F-s" are disabled. It makes even finding the runway at the obscure Normandy airfields a chore...

a-10, su-27 and other planes can load the pre created flight plans on their gps/tad/mfd/abris automatically. why can't this gps do that? creating f/p's would be a torture since most of the waypoints just coordinates, not vor's etc.

and no hsi connection, no nav and com radio feature (i am not sure but i guess i heard this on a video)

so this device can't reflect its potential to dcs.

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Imo the device just adds another level of immersion, but you can easily do without, and just check F10.

I'm talking about servers where F10 options are disabled of course. And yes, they do exist ;)

Tornado3 small.jpg

Ah sry, wasnt aware. I stand corrected then.

But good to know that they are out there, full Fog of War servers.

- Jack of many DCS modules, master of none.

- Personal wishlist: F-15A, F-4S Phantom II, JAS 39A Gripen, SAAB 35 Draken, F-104 Starfighter, Panavia Tornado IDS.

| Windows 11 | i5-12400 | 64Gb DDR4 | RTX 3080 | 2x M.2 | 27" 1440p | Rift CV1 | Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS | MFG Crosswind pedals |

attachment.php?attachmentid=169011&stc=1&d=1505132948

thanks for your artwork. but does this guarantee that it will be implemented after early access ends?

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Ah sry, wasnt aware. I stand corrected then.

But good to know that they are out there, full Fog of War servers.

L CTRL + F10 = you are in the middle of the screen. Zoom out and locate where you are :thumbup:

Intel I7 4770K, Evga 1080 FE, win10 64Pro, 32GB ram, TracIR 5, Hotas Warthog, MFD Cougar x2, MFG Crosswind

• ED Team

Simply no info from BST on this at the moment.

The whole idea of software is to get around these 'physical' issues.

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

a-10, su-27 and other planes can load the pre created flight plans on their gps/tad/mfd/abris automatically. why can't this gps do that? creating f/p's would be a torture since most of the waypoints just coordinates, not vor's etc.

and no hsi connection, no nav and com radio feature (i am not sure but i guess i heard this on a video)

so this device can't reflect its potential to dcs.

Yea, what bothers me about this whole thing, is why a NAV-COM radio? What they should of done was emulate a GPS-400 instead. Since its really just being used as a GPS unit and isn't driving anything.

We don't have a full compliment ATC system, so no SIDs/STARs or Area Control Centers, ATIS, Clearance Delivery, Ground, etc to take advantage of something like this.

I fly IFR flights at night in thunderstorms in NTTR with the A10-C using just the HSI and VOR/TACAN/ILS all the time just for the fun of it. So while this peaked my interest, its so gimped and things are so uncertain I just said no... not unless things really change within the sim and its fully integrated with supporting instruments as it would be if you were bothering to buy something like this for an aircraft.

Otherwise a hand-held GPS would of sufficed or a GPS-400.

Otherwise a hand-held GPS would of sufficed or a GPS-400.

My take is that by building the 430 now, individual developers/modules can decide whether or not to integrate the radios & CDI/HSI data into their panels if they have the budget/time/interest. Allows them to build just 1 version.

For flying IFR, just pretend you lost radio contact. Squawk 7600 and follow the F in AVEF =P

--gos

PS: Improved ATC is also in the works, though obviously it'll be a (relatively long) while...

attachment.php?attachmentid=169011&stc=1&d=1505132948

im with you. but saying "early access" and not posting an intented features list to be complete its not ok.

if there is one ill say you are right. if not... early access just means :"Buy it, probably it will be like you want, probably not and we will have your money".

I7 7700k - Msi Z270 Gaming+

GTX 1070ti

16gb @2400

2x Samsung 850EVO 250/500 - 1x HDD 1TB

SAITEK-MAD CATZ CYBORG FLY 5 STICK

WIN 10