3rd unanounced helicopter speculation

QuiGon

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Kiowa has been in DCS forever, just not flyable.
Yes, but that is again oddly positioned in the start....

--

I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

nice speculations.

interesting find, but first, the shown model is the the vanilla model of DCS and the real kiowa has no bladetip lights as far I know and I have not seen any switch or fuze for such in the cockpit or did I miss something?

this is no statement or what so ever, I just like the bird a lot and it is one of my top 3, next to the tigre HAD and AH64D block 2.

I hope we can share some news at some point this summer.

let me tease you guys at least one more time. the pilots assigned to the tester team of something that is in the pipeline, have together at the moment 7500 flighhours on her. she is flown by numerous countries. all out testpilots are from one country.

cheers ;)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Call me ungrateful but I am not looking forward to ANOTHER scout/transport helicopter.

Sure we have the Mi-24 coming, and once its here we will have two "attack" helicopters. The KA-50 is an anti-tank helicopter and it could be argued that the Mi-8 is one as well to an extent but its more of a troop transport with weapons. I feel like its more capable than the UH-1 in that respect, but I have a lot more fun flying the UH-1.

Anyways - we will have the BO, Gazelle, UH-1, and Mi-8 and still have zero western 'gunship style attack' helicopters. Yeah the BO and Gazelle mount ATGMs but its very limited and the OH-58 will be as well.

Growing up I logged a LOT of time in Gunship 2000 and Longbow 2 and maybe its just me but I am DYING for an AH-1 Cobra to fly. Hell Id settle for the Tiger or the T129.

Although my opinion doesnt matter much since they posted they already have the module's 3D model finished..

Call me ungrateful but I am not looking forward to ANOTHER scout/transport helicopter.

Sure we have the Mi-24 coming, and once its here we will have two "attack" helicopters. The KA-50 is an anti-tank helicopter and it could be argued that the Mi-8 is one as well to an extent but its more of a troop transport with weapons. I feel like its more capable than the UH-1 in that respect, but I have a lot more fun flying the UH-1.

Anyways - we will have the BO, Gazelle, UH-1, and Mi-8 and still have zero western 'gunship style attack' helicopters. Yeah the BO and Gazelle mount ATGMs but its very limited and the OH-58 will be as well.

Growing up I logged a LOT of time in Gunship 2000 and Longbow 2 and maybe its just me but I am DYING for an AH-1 Cobra to fly. Hell Id settle for the Tiger or the T129.

Although my opinion doesnt matter much since they posted they already have the module's 3D model finished..

The AH-1 is coming, but still there are some that would be worth to "die for" like your mentioned Tiger.

One really interesting could be a KA-27 as anti-submarine and maritime recon as well rescue ops.

Maybe a fugly chopper but now when sea operations are coming and we have carrier landings to fail and hit sea... We need it ;-)

--

I usually post from my phone so please excuse any typos, inappropriate punctuation and capitalization, missing words and general lack of cohesion and sense in my posts.....

The AH-1 is coming, but still there are some that would be worth to "die for" like your mentioned Tiger.

One really interesting could be a KA-27 as anti-submarine and maritime recon as well rescue ops.

I would much rather have the Tiger than the Ka-27.

Edited by Nooch

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Maybe a fugly chopper but now when sea operations are coming and we have carrier landings to fail and hit sea... We need it ;-)

We only get carrier operations, but nothing more than that. DCS does not support ASW, RECCE or SAR (only some user scripts provide minimal SAR functionality) and that probably won't change with carrier ops.

So before we get a navy chopper DCS needs to be extended with these features first (at least ASW and proper SAR).

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

We only get carrier operations. DCS does not support ASW, RECCE or SAR (only some user scripts provide minimal SAR functionality) and that probably won't change with carrier ops.

So before we get a navy chopper DCS needs to be extended with these features first (at least ASW and/or proper SAR).

That is what we can hope after 2.5 release when developers get time to return for other things than engine.

--

Don’t know where you got your info ultradelaymaster but your nickname is a good hint.:)

Posted 4 days ago on polychop FB page:

“So after I heard so many rumors about other devs and the Gazelle is nearing a final stage, which of the following helicopters do you want to see as one of our next products. One in the list is already in production and at a certain stage where I can claim that the 3d model is finished, so that narrows down the speculations a bit. Here are the options:

1- AH1W

2- UH60M

3- OH58D

4- CH53

5- EC665

6- CH47F

7- T129

Anything else than option 3 or 5 would be a big surprise.

I wonder what people will do if we show a video of a Ah64D block 2 :huh:

They would wonder, why it was not on that list. Which means that it would not be the one with the finished 3D model that we would see in the video.

(not sure, if I confused me myself now more than you confused me with that statement ... ;-)

I think Razbam might be doing the CH-53E Super Stallion,but you still could do the earlier Sea Stallion variant or the Pave Low III.I want to see the UH-60 Blackhawk although I think you guys should do the Eurocopter Tiger as it would supplement the Gazelle and the Bo-105 scouts that MilTech 5 is about to release.

Don’t know where you got your info ultradelaymaster but your nickname is a good hint.smile.gif

Posted 4 days ago on polychop FB page:

“So after I heard so many rumors about other devs and the Gazelle is nearing a final stage, which of the following helicopters do you want to see as one of our next products. One in the list is already in production and at a certain stage where I can claim that the 3d model is finished, so that narrows down the speculations a bit. Here are the options:

1- AH1W

2- UH60M

3- OH58D

4- CH53

5- EC665

6- CH47F

7- T129

Anything else than option 3 or 5 would be a big surprise.

Hmm, well maybe I should have written "which one would you like to see as possible next or 3rd product"

I wonder what people will do if we show a video of a Ah64D block 2 :huh:

Put me down for a Chinook

I need, I need, I need... What about my wants? QuickSilver original.

"Off with his job" Mr Burns on the Simpsons.

"I've seen steering wheels / arcade sticks / flight sticks for over a hundred dollars; why be surprised at a 150 dollar item that includes the complexities of this controller?! It has BLINKY LIGHTS!!" author unknown.

These titles are listed in the chronological order I purchased them.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I think Razbam might be doing the CH-53E Super Stallion,but you still could do the earlier Sea Stallion variant or the Pave Low III.I want to see the UH-60 Blackhawk although I think you guys should do the Eurocopter Tiger as it would supplement the Gazelle and the Bo-105 scouts that MilTech 5 is about to release.

Honestly, I can't imagine a Tiger would be possible for two reasons. First, the classification of its systems is pretty high I presume. Second, even if that's not the case it would be an awful lot of difficult work to make it happen in DCS and would take a very long time. I'm not sure if Polychop is ready for this, but they should know better than me :)

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Honestly, I can't imagine a Tiger would be possible for two reasons. First, the classification of its systems is pretty high I presume. Second, even if that's not the case it would be an awful lot of difficult work to make it happen in DCS and would take a very long time. I'm not sure if Polychop is ready for this, but they should know better than me :)

Well, they did mention it as an option, so I'd expect they've already considered such matters before posting the options.

Not sure if Belsimtek is making the Cobra, but either AH-1W or a Tiger HAD would be awesome to have at this point (as Western gunships). Of course, the AH-1W should have the priority IMHO as it had a longer operational service (including the Cold War era) and would go well hand in hand with the AV-8B (like e.g. operating from the same LHD's).

The Tiger looks pretty agile and thus would be cool to fly so I'd love to have that as well at some point, but ideally the HAD variant which supports both the guided missiles and the turreted gun.

OH-58D would be nice too, although TBH there already are a few similar helicopters with the Gazelle and incoming Bo-105, so I'd give the priority to a gunship (though, I wouldn't really care about the T129 or the original A129)..

Edited by Dudikoff

i386DX40@42 MHz w/i387 CP, 4 MB RAM (8*512 kB), Trident 8900C 1 MB w/16-bit RAMDAC ISA, Quantum 340 MB UDMA33, SB 16, DOS 6.22 w/QEMM + Win3.11CE, Quickshot 1btn 2axis, Numpad as hat. 2 FPH on a good day, 1 FPH avg.

DISCLAIMER: My posts are still absolutely useless. Just finding excuses not to learn the F-14 (HB's Swansong?).

Annoyed by my posts? Please consider donating. Once the target sum is reached, I'll be off to somewhere nice I promise not to post from. I'd buy that for a dollar!