MSI RTX 2070 Super.... somethings wrong..

Buj818

Just slapped in a RTX 2070 Super (replacing a GTX 1660) and after 3 days of settings adjustments and zero flying, I need y'alls help. On high settings with gtx 1660, in huey, flying down the strip in vegas, it was pulling low 30s FPS. Same settings, with the RTX 2070 super, only gained about 10 FPS, averaging mid 40s in FPS. I've read 1 dcs tutorial here about Nvidia global/program specific settings. After mimicking them, it just doesnt reflect in the FPS results. Do I run DCS with global settings? Do I run it with application settings? After trying both, the results do not change much at all. Anyone have any idea where the disconnect may be in this issue? CPU i7 9700, 32G DDR4, RTX 2070 Super. Thanks in advance. Brian

Hi Brian,

what resolution do you use?

Try reducing the resolution (e.g. 1080p to 720p or 1440p to 1080p or even further) in fullscreen mode - when the fps do not change dramaticly the gpu is not you bottleneck.

as always high cpu clocking is key to higher fps. but also higher ram freq's are a huge factor (popping mine from 2400--> 3200 gets me 30% increase!!)

I am running 1080. It's a bummer because my i7 is not a K, therefore my bios is locked and I cannot OC my cpu or ram. Interesting note, tonight after work, I set all AAs and AFs to off. Started dialing them up one at a time and flying vegas strip after every single adjustment. Oddly enough, after 4 hours of doing that, my fps stayed within the 89-104 range consistently. Turning AF from 8x to 16x put me down in the low 70s to low 80s range of FPS, so I left it at 8x because I couldn't tell any visual difference at all. All said and done, my FPS pretty much doubled, even though I ended back at the same settings as I started, except for the 8x AF. I'm happy with the result, but it certainly has me scratching my head as well.