WHEN ARE WE GOING TO GET Mi-8MTV2 and UH-1H MULITCREW?

Flew the Gazelle M one time into combat, hovered about 5 km from target, switched to copilot / commander seat, got sniped by a tank right away, thanks no. One flies, the other aims and shoots, Multicrew is very much needed. Otherwise we are sitting ducks during fire phase.

While I do wish multi crew was a thing, it's certainly not a necessity. This whole statement is fraught with issues.

1) "Flew the Gazelle M one time into combat..."

Hardly qualifies as giving the bird a chance.

2) "...hovered about 5 km from target..."

You were never going to hit the target at that range as your max is 4.1 km.

3) "...switched to copilot / commander seat..."

You can still fly the helo from the copilot seat, scout ahead through the camera, and engage targets if necessary, all at the same time.

4) "...got sniped by a tank right away..."

You got sniped because, while 5 km from target, you were less than 3 km from a tank you failed to scout.

I regularly fly this bird, and enjoy it greatly. Flying solo it keeps you busy; about as much, if not more than the Ka-50. Like the Ka-50, it requires practice and the ability to multi task.

Coming to a hover is all part of the process when engaging targets. Multi-crewed or not, not being in a hover can make things a P.I.T.A. for your number two, as the camera does not stay perfectly still when moving. It's constantly making slight adjustments. Compound that with having to keep the target painted for the duration of the missile's flight, and you can have a very difficult time on your hands.

Even TOW equipped ground vehicles come to a stop when engaging targets; and for good reason. It's extremely difficult to keep target painted when bouncing around on uneven ground.

I do wish Multi-crew was possible, as it would make things a lot more fun; but to say that it's needed or required is a false statement.

FYI, the last time I tried to fly multi-crew with this aircraft, I started the bird and flew towards the target area for 10 minutes. Suddenly my number two say, "I'm ready to go whenever you are." Turns out he was still sitting on the tarmac waiting for engines to spool up. We had a good laugh about that; and how there was a total lack of communication between us. Definitely a learning experience. Server crashed a few seconds later.

The likely reason why Belsimtek haven't implemented multicrew in their choppers is ED's bad multicrew netcode. It's buggy as hell and not working properly at all. Simply look at what's going on with the Gazelle and F-14... Even if they try their best, the third parties can't do anything about it. It's up to ED to revamp it and fix the core issues that exist.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can see multicrew for the Mi8 and the Huey as an amazing tool for teaching how to fly choppers. We are running a lot of trainings for new pilots at BSD and being able to sit next to the new pilot and see and almost feel what he is doing in the cockpit is priceless. We applied that while it worked in the gazelle and our IPs were enthusiastic. For a combat mission, we could replicate the real operations of a large military chopper by having the pilot on one side, and the second person assigned the role of cop pilot/navigator/crew chief and gunner. It would be an absolute blast.

For the gazelle, there is no doubt that she really requires to pilots to operate in high threat areas. Having to switch from left to right when you are trying to jump from tree line to tree line or pop up from behind a building is borderline impossible.

Should players' experience be taken into account when deciding what to change in a game?.

More or less sincere observations should not be listened to.

Most of the time the players refuse to practice more and prefer to complain so that the game is easier. At the same time they claim that the game is as realistic as possible. Do they believe that in real life everything is as easy as in a game?

the multicrew needed? I doubt.

Interested, surely because it adds gameplay to the game.

Maybe it's hard to implement in DCS, I do not know? but it has been in FSX for a long time, so it's feasible.

Concerning the gazelle the players do not use enough obstacles to hide themselves. The fact of playing in multicrew will not change this error. The devs make the effort to make the trees unmountable and we can hide behind. IA enemies do not see us, so can not get us down. In reality a gazelle pilot never flies over obstacles in combat situations, he passes between them.

Do you believe that a pilot in real life will try a helico in combat for 10 minutes, then be shot down and after, if he is still alive, will come to cry because he can not manage properly with or without multicrew?

Players demand ever more realism, while they bear the consequences

Using cover / hover is not a strict required tactic, the cover settings are obviously an important factor.

Gazelle during Operation Daguet have been advancing and shooting at ennemies on the move, from a high enough altitude as to not create a sand cloud due to rotor. Going into a hover attack would be far more dangerous to them than firing on the move.

If I'm not mistaken, they even got up to using a "charge" tactic, akin to horse charges from old times, where a line of dozen+ gazelles would be advancing in a sweeping motion and clear the area of targets.

Firing on the move is actually quite efficient in DCS Gazelle, and you easily avoid tanks sniping you this way. It's easy to achieve even in singleplayer (it's even easier in solo due to lack of desync), because Poly has implemented aids for this (the Gaz in the proper mode easily keeps pointing at target and the Hot accepts large azimuth changes during flight)

Multicrew is a (huge) gameplay enhancement. It being a prereq for Gazelle, not quite sure, the workarounds exists for handling it in solo easily.

As far as Mi8, having a crew for nav duty and during stress moments would be huge.

Edited by Whisper

Whisper of old OFP & C6 forums, now Kalbuth.

Specs : i7 6700K / MSI 1070 / 32G RAM / SSD / Rift S / Virpil MongooseT50 / Virpil T50 CM2 Throttle / MFG Crosswind.

All but Viggen, Yak52 & F16

Do you believe that a pilot in real life will try a helico in combat for 10 minutes, then be shot down and after, if he is still alive, will come to cry because he can not manage properly with or without multicrew?

Players demand ever more realism, while they bear the consequences

Aha ...

Honestly, I no longer believe we will ever see Multicrew in either modules.

It’s a huge pity and it was one of the major attractions to buying the modules. But Sadly I think Belsimtek has moved on. I don’t believe they have any interest in fixing any remaining bugs or implementing the still missing features of our beloved Helos.

Of course if they do, I’ll place money that it would be via a V2 version that will count as a new module and therefore a new purchase, ala KA50.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

@Cowboy10uk, that's false statement from you...if you will check changelogs from this year, there are bugfixes and small new features for UH-1H/Mi-8MTV2.

Not a false statement at all, Its my stated opinion. I do believe they have moved on, and I don’t believe they will be fixing the remaining issues or implementing Multicrew.

After purchasing both modules on first day pre orders, I think it’s fair to say I have been patent. In fact it was me who mentioned the Multicrew back in 2017, and had the statement back that it was only a matter of months before it was here barring any major disasters. Since then nothing.

We still have no working searchlight, the anti collision light still bleeds through the cockpit, Multicrew is still MIA, to name a few issues and all bugs that we have coped with since day one over 6 years ago.

I’m not slagging off Belsimtek, and I appreciate that teams do move on, sadly before everything is complete. I fly the UH-1 frequently and if they have made bug fixes or implemented new features this year, I’ve honestly not seen anything to suggest that is the case.

I’m sure we may see a Huey Mk2 somewhere down the line as it is a popular module, and I fully expect we will be asked to pay for any upgrades it comes with ala the KA50 module, but as to the one we fly now. My opinion is she’s is now the finished product, bugs and minus Multicrew

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Fighter pilots make movies, Attack pilots make history, Helicopter pilots make heros.

:pilotfly: Corsair 570x Crystal Case, Intel 8700K O/clocked to 4.8ghz, 32GB Vengeance RGB Pro DDR4 3200 MHZ Ram, 2 x 1TB M2 drives, 2 x 4TB Hard Drives, Nvidia EVGA GTX 1080ti FTW, Maximus x Hero MB, H150i Cooler, 6 x Corsair LL120 RGB Fans And a bloody awful Pilot :doh:

Not a false statement at all, Its my stated opinion. I do believe they have moved on, and I don’t believe they will be fixing the remaining issues or implementing Multicrew.

After purchasing both modules on first day pre orders, I think it’s fair to say I have been patent. In fact it was me who mentioned the Multicrew back in 2017, and had the statement back that it was only a matter of months before it was here barring any major disasters. Since then nothing.

We still have no working searchlight, the anti collision light still bleeds through the cockpit, Multicrew is still MIA, to name a few issues and all bugs that we have coped with since day one over 6 years ago.

I’m not slagging off Belsimtek, and I appreciate that teams do move on, sadly before everything is complete. I fly the UH-1 frequently and if they have made bug fixes or implemented new features this year, I’ve honestly not seen anything to suggest that is the case.

I’m sure we may see a Huey Mk2 somewhere down the line as it is a popular module, and I fully expect we will be asked to pay for any upgrades it comes with ala the KA50 module, but as to the one we fly now. My opinion is she’s is now the finished product, bugs and minus Multicrew

The thing is now 6 years old, we shouldn't have had to wait this long and still be asking where stuff is. This isn't the first time and it wont be the last this happens in this game. It always seems to be brushed under the mat. I have lost all trust

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

Not on my end anymore. Which version are you on? Because this was definitely fixed a couple of updates ago.

It no longer goes into the cockpit panel. But goes into the crew area behind the pilot. This never used to happen.

RTX 2080ti, I7 9700k, 32gb ram, SSD, Samsung Odyssey VR, MSFFB2, T-50 Throttle, Thrustmaster Rudder Pedals

Not on my end anymore. Which version are you on? Because this was definitely fixed a couple of updates ago.

Latest open beta version..

Look guys, don’t get me wrong I love the Huey and consider it one of the finest helo simulations ever produced, BUT after 6 years I think we have to accept that further development and any promised features that are not here by now are likely not happening.

Now for those of you who still hold onto the dream that it will happen, fair play to you, you’re a hell of a lot more optimistic than me. Myself I’m now in the believe it when I see it area of this journey.

All I was doing was giving MY opinion on whether or not we will get Multicrew for our Helos, which I no longer believe we will.

I still fly the Huey at least twice a week, I still get immense joy out of it despite the odd bug, if they released a V2 like the KA50, I would purchase in a heartbeat. But my reply’s here are purely my opinion on the ops question.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

So.

Multicrew in internal testing for the Huey.

Not even a word mentioned about the Mi-8.

Who is surprised?

Another hobby taken over by the USA fanboys

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

So.

Who is surprised?

?????

Hard to believe that you interpret the news badly.

If they’re testing the Huey, then they’ve identified the appropriate logic to make it work, and just as they’ve shared technology between the F18 and F16, I do think it’s fair to assume that once the niggles are ironed out with the Huey, that it will be shared across the other choppers and also the mosquito.

The Huey multicrew news is a big step in the right direction

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

So.

Who is surprised?

Definitely sitting in the "glass half empty" camp today eh ? :)

Seeing as the Huey came out first, meaning early adopters have been waiting for longer than Mi-8 owners, adding the new tech to that first seems both sensible and fair.

Cheers.

?????

If they’re testing the Huey, then they’ve identified the appropriate logic to make it work, and just as they’ve shared technology between the F18 and F16, I do think it’s fair to assume that once the niggles are ironed out with the Huey, that it will be shared across the other choppers and also the mosquito.

Agreed!

Wile I would like to see it in the Mi-8 more, the Huey did come out first and is a bit more simple in terms of systems, so it does make sense to do that one first.

I'm sure ED has every intention of rolling out to both and then other side by side aircraft as indicated above.

...and also the mosquito.

Curious, what exactly did the other guy do? Don't get me wrong, I'd absolutely love to have the Mossie be multicrew, that would be a ton of fun! There was one piloting, and I couldn't find what the other did

Hardware: T-50 Mongoose, VKB STECS, Saitek 3 Throttle Quadrant, Homemade 32-function Leo Bodnar Button Box, MFG Crosswind Pedals Oculus Rift S

System Specs: MSI MPG X570 GAMING PLUS, RTX 3090, Ryzen 7 5800X3D, 32GB DDR4-3200, Samsung 860 EVO, Samsung 970 EVO 250GB

Modules: AH-64D, Ka-50, Mi-8MTV2, F-16C, F-15E, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-5E, P-51D, Spitfire Mk LF Mk. IXc, Bf-109K-4, Fw-190A-8

Maps: Normandy, Nevada, Persian Gulf, Syria

?????

Well Said Mr. Sukebe.

This bold section bears repeating.

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/

Curious, what exactly did the other guy do? Don't get me wrong, I'd absolutely love to have the Mossie be multicrew, that would be a ton of fun! There was one piloting, and I couldn't find what the other did

My assumption is navigation and radios, and being British, he probably makes the cup of tea in between waypoints.

System: 9700, 64GB DDR4, 2070S, NVME2, Rift S, Jetseat, Thrustmaster F18 grip, VPC T50 stick base and throttle, CH Throttle, MFG crosswinds, custom button box, Logitech G502 and Marble mouse.

Server: i5 2500@3.9Ghz, 1080, 24GB DDR3, SSD.

Of course you are right guys.

I am just so sour over the fact that the Mi-24 always seemes to be 2 years in the future.

Meanwhile we get bombarded with F-teens and JDAM's

It's all tounge in cheek.

as is my new hashtag

#butthurt

"Your pumping days are over, Megatron!" -Optimus Prime

"This calls for a very special blend of psychology and extreme violence" -Vyvian

?????

Of course you are right guys.

I am just so sour over the fact that the Mi-24 always seemes to be 2 years in the future.

Meanwhile we get bombarded with F-teens and JDAM's

It's all tounge in cheek.

as is my new hashtag

#butthurt

It's funny to listen to the hornet guys whinging that the F/A-18 is getting no love.

Helicopter guys be like: :noexpression:

Banner EDForum2020.jpg

Have fun. Don't suck. Kill bad guys. 👍

https://discord.gg/blacksharkden/