maverick attack

colubridae

I’m sure someone’s done this before but I managed to set up a quick fire attack using mavericks on targets near to one another:-

1 use the long range of the TGP to set a target as SPI.

2 Set the SPI as a mark point

3 Find the next target with the TGP. Set as SPI

4 Set SPI as next markpoint

5 Repeat 3 and 4 as necessary.

6 When all targets are ‘markpointed’ set steering to mark on CDU.

7 Set SPI to steerpoint.

8 Select maverick

9 Slew all sensors to current SPI

10 When maverick locks, launch maverick.

11 Select next steerpoint.

Repeat 7, 8, 9 10

Return to step 11 until all targets attacked.

This is assuming no other markpoints have been made before attack.

I tried it and it worked but I may not have written down the exact button sequence

:)

Also works nicely with JDAMs :)

You've got a few redundant steps, it's quite possible (and useful) to omit those. For instance, with STPT as SPI Generator, there's no need to set the SPI Generator to STPT again. Just cycle the steerpoint, and there's your SPI. :thumbup:

You've got a few redundant steps, it's quite possible (and useful) to omit those. For instance, with STPT as SPI Generator, there's no need to set the SPI Generator to STPT again. Just cycle the steerpoint, and there's your SPI. :thumbup:

Thanks yurgon. :)

You don't need to set each target as SPI. Just make the TGP your SOI (which should be for slewing anyway) and create a mark point whenever you find a target.

Once you finish (or just got 4-6 markpoints, one for each Mav) go to the UFC, set the EGI to Mark, cycle marks, slave to SPI and launch all the things!

This way you don't need to set any SPI or waste time changing the SPI from steerpoint to TGP or HUD. You can do it in a few seconds.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

The real problem is that after the first hit the rest starts to move..

That depends on their ROE, which have been set by the mission designer.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Meh, you should avoid using force correlate anyway.

Agreed. AFAIK it's used against low contrast targets, and the impact point can spread heavily. In DCS it works like a sniper tool, but IRL it might be more useful against, say, a barn or something really big.

Agreed. AFAIK it's used against low contrast targets, and the impact point can spread heavily. In DCS it works like a sniper tool, but IRL it might be more useful against, say, a barn or something really big.

Indeed. a10 amaa

"How often and in what situation would you force correlate a Maverick?

Large, poorly bounded target. Avoid at all costs."

I’m sure someone’s done this before but I managed to set up a quick fire attack using mavericks on targets near to one another:-

1 use the long range of the TGP to set a target as SPI.

2 Set the SPI as a mark point

3 Find the next target with the TGP. Set as SPI

4 Set SPI as next markpoint

5 Repeat 3 and 4 as necessary.

6 When all targets are ‘markpointed’ set steering to mark on CDU.

7 Set SPI to steerpoint.

8 Select maverick

9 Slew all sensors to current SPI

10 When maverick locks, launch maverick.

11 Select next steerpoint.

Repeat 7, 8, 9 10

Return to step 11 until all targets attacked.

This is assuming no other markpoints have been made before attack.

I tried it and it worked but I may not have written down the exact button sequence

:)

Does work but it's more of a bodge rather than a way it should be done :) for one it's adding a whole lot of unnecessary clutter and mark points and as others have stated the targets may well reposition.

More importantly if you have the mav on a triple ejector rack (lau-88) then it should be set up to fire as a 'Quickdraw' when you're rippling multiple mavericks, What this means is the next missile should be pointing at where the last one was fired.

Being that a mav is a visual weapon you wanna see what you're hitting with it before you let it off the chain.

A 'better' way to do business is to set your mark atop your first target then just use stabilization and slew to next target, china hat fwd to zoom/change the FOV of the maverick.

If you struggle to keep the mav stable then just slave it to the tgp, use space stabilisation after each move or just use path hold autopilot whilst rippling mavs.

You don't need to set each target as SPI. Just make the TGP your SOI (which should be for slewing anyway) and create a mark point whenever you find a target.

Once you finish (or just got 4-6 markpoints, one for each Mav) go to the UFC, set the EGI to Mark, cycle marks, slave to SPI and launch all the things!

This way you don't need to set any SPI or waste time changing the SPI from steerpoint to TGP or HUD. You can do it in a few seconds.

"... create a mark point whenever you find a target..."

How can you create a mark point after designating a target?

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

S.O: Win 64bit

MB: ASUSTek TUF GAMING X570P

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8 Core

GPU: nVidia GTX1080Ti 8GB

HD: Sabrent SSD 1TB

RAM: DDR4 32 GB 1600Mhz

Accessories: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Alim: 850 watt Corsair 850TXEU

TMS right short
Ok thanks i will try

Inviato dal mio GT-I9505 utilizzando Tapatalk

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

S.O: Win 64bit

MB: ASUSTek TUF GAMING X570P

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 3800X 8 Core

GPU: nVidia GTX1080Ti 8GB

HD: Sabrent SSD 1TB

RAM: DDR4 32 GB 1600Mhz

Accessories: Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Alim: 850 watt Corsair 850TXEU

Yeah it does. My favorite way to get off 6 bombs on 6 targets in one run.

6D80k38.jpg