Current Status of the M2000 for a new pilot?

Mirknir

Are these bugs still present?

AFAIK ...

• Waypoint positions are bugged. Waypoints don't appear in the game world where you set them in the ME. This, coupled with #1, makes IP bombing useless. It also means the Mirage cannot drop on a waypoint or perform any cold war style strike mission.

• IP bombing is not consent to release like it should be

... are still WIP.

The latest OB update made significant changes to the radar. I'd need more flight time to be certain all the old bugs are squashed but it "feels" much better.

... are the issues on beta or stable

IIRC,

• stable - 2.5.5, mission triggers, etc. are good but the M2K radar has a number of WIP bugs

• beta - 2.5.6, broke some missions, the latest beta update seems to have fixed/changed many of the previous radar issues, I would need to replay the missions to know if the triggers, etc. are working again.

I am considering buying the Mirage this current sale.

Initial impressions after the latest OB patch is that the Mirage is in the best state it's been in for for several (6) months, it would seem a good time to buy but YMMV.

Edited by Ramsay
Add detail

i9 9900K @4.7GHz, 64GB DDR4, RTX4070 12GB, 1+2TB NVMe, 6+4TB HD, 4+1TB SSD, Winwing Orion 2 F-15EX Throttle + F-16EX Stick, TPR Pedals, TIR5, Win 10 Pro x64, 1920X1080

AFAIK ...

... are still WIP.

The latest OB update made significant changes to the radar. I'd need more flight time to be certain all the old bugs are squashed but it "feels" much better.

IIRC,

• stable - 2.5.5, mission triggers, etc. are good but the M2K radar has a number of WIP bugs

• beta - 2.5.6, broke some missions, the latest beta update seems to have fixed/changed many of the previous radar issues, I would need to replay the missions to know if the triggers, etc. are working again.

Initial impressions after the latest OB patch is that the Mirage is in the best state it's been in for for several (6) months, it would seem a good time to buy but YMMV.

Some bugs have been fixed.

The radar elevation control is still bugged, but vertical scan is effective again, even if I can’t be sure about the exact angles*

AG HOTAS is fixed and work reliably again without involving AA radar.

I tried with BL, BF, GBU-12, AG gun.

People put too much emphasis on IP bombing.

Direct CCPL have a CEP around 20-30m. With IP CCPL you would have a CEP around 100m and more.

This is back up mode for direct CCPL or stand off attack on large targets but without too much expectation about accuracy.

Speaking about Cold War, Mirage 2000C pilots would merely train for AG. :music_whistling:

* [edit] after test, it seems that in vertical scan the antenna elevation bug on VTB is scanning between -10° and +50° which is good news :thumbup:

Edited by jojo
  • Like 1

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi