Head position height in VR

Rakamora

At what height should my eyes be when looking at hud? I try to align it with exterior view pilots eyes. And what looks about right is when my eyes are aligned with top part of hud glass. So when taxing on ground I cant see horizon line or flight vector. And the top part of his glass is at -2,5 degrees on the pitch ladder. Is this correct?

At what height should my eyes be when looking at hud? I try to align it with exterior view pilots eyes. And what looks about right is when my eyes are aligned with top part of hud glass. So when taxing on ground I cant see horizon line or flight vector. And the top part of his glass is at -2,5 degrees on the pitch ladder. Is this correct?
There is no correct answer..

The correct answer in real life and in DCS is the height you can see what is pertinent to you as the pilot to get the job done.

The A10 is not an aircraft that sustains massive amounts of Gs so it is quite easy to move your head about if you cannot see the HUD due to glare, position or otherwise.

Use the seat adjust in left corner of front and left console area.. Find what's right for you..

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

How do you adjust pilot height in the A-10C? Also in VR.

hunch down a bit then recenter vr

lean forward / back recenter vr

i7-7700K OC @ 5Ghz | ASUS IX Hero MB | ASUS GTX 1080 Ti STRIX | 32GB Corsair 3000Mhz | Corsair H100i V2 Radiator | Samsung 960 EVO M.2 NVMe 500G SSD | Samsung 850 EVO 500G SSD | Corsair HX850i Platinum 850W | Oculus Rift | ASUS PG278Q 27-inch, 2560 x 1440, G-SYNC, 144Hz, 1ms | VKB Gunfighter Pro

Chuck's DCS Tutorial Library

Download PDF Tutorial guides to help get up to speed with aircraft quickly and also great for taking a good look at the aircraft available for DCS before purchasing. Link

This exactly is the most effective way to align your view in vr. With this method you can set whatever position that suits you on all axes of view in vr.

Got to try this.

Windows 10 Pro 64bit|Ryzen 5600 @3.8Ghz|EVGA RTX 3070 XC3 Ultra|Corair vengence 32G DDR4 @3200mhz|MSI B550|Thrustmaster Flightstick| Virpil CM3 Throttle| Thrustmaster TFRP Rudder Pedal /Samsung Odyssey Plus Headset

Why do people bother hunching/leaning adjusting in game seat height? Am i the only one using lctrl + shift numpadkeys or - +. And lalt + numpad 0 to save position. Is there a benefit using ingame seat height adjustment vs the technique i just mentioned(in vr)?

How do you adjust pilot height in the A-10C? Also in VR.

Seat height toggle switch, to the left of the landing gear lever.

Why do people bother hunching/leaning adjusting in game seat height? Am i the only one using lctrl + shift numpadkeys or - +. And lalt + numpad 0 to save position. Is there a benefit using ingame seat height adjustment vs the technique i just mentioned(in vr)?

I don't lean or hunch. Personally, I drop my chin to chest and depress the VR view recenter key. This way, the virtual pilot is sitting all the way back in the seat, rather than towards the front edge of the seat. Easy to confirm alignment in the F/A-18C as you have a pilot body that lines up your real shoulders to the virtual shoulders. A10C doesn't offer that "luxury" but doesn't take long to know where the sweet spot is and quick set.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

How do you recenter VR while in game?

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

Numpad 5

Sweet thanks!

And for the set and save position using the keyboard, how do you do this in VR? I assume you have to keep your head still while hunting around for the keys.

System HW: i9-9900K @5ghz, MSI 11GB RTX-2080-Ti Trio, G-Skill 32GB RAM, Reverb HMD, Steam VR, TM Warthog Hotas Stick & Throttle, TM F/A-18 Stick grip add-on, TM TFRP pedals. SW: 2.5.6 OB

Sweet thanks!

And for the set and save position using the keyboard, how do you do this in VR? I assume you have to keep your head still while hunting around for the keys.

Affirmative. Set the keyboard in your lap if it’s not easily accessible while doing so. Personally, I have reassigned the num pad keys to the UFC keypad on the Hornet so I can type coordinates in easier (or weapon settings if applicable). For the A10C, I have the num pad keys set to the numeric keys of the CDU, again for coordinate entry or TAD and weapon profile settings. I assigned the VR center key to one of the buttons on my McLaren GT3 wheel.

Cheers,

Don

i7 6700 @4ghz, 32GB HyperX Fury ddr4-2133 ram, GTX980, Oculus Rift CV1, 2x1TB SSD drives (one solely for DCS OpenBeta standalone) Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Cougar MFDs

Airframes: A10C, A10CII, F/A-18C, F-14B, F-16C, UH=1H, FC3. Modules: Combined Arms, Supercarrier. Terrains: Persian Gulf, Nevada NTTR, Syria

You can also go into your snapviews.lua file and precisely position your default VR position down to the micrometer. I found that just pushing it back a few cm, and maybe up a bit, perfectly suited my needs.

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

You can also go into your snapviews.lua file and precisely position your default VR position down to the micrometer. I found that just pushing it back a few cm, and maybe up a bit, perfectly suited my needs.

That is the best thing to do, as you can also zero out any unintended angles and lateral offset you may have input while 'saving' your viewpoint in-game.

Ideally you want to just adjust height and longitudinal position.

Asus Maximus VIII Hero Alpha| i7-6700K @ 4.60GHz | nVidia GTX 1080ti Strix OC 11GB @ 2075MHz| 16GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB 3200Mhz DDR4 CL14 |

Samsung 950 PRO 512GB M.2 SSD | Corsair Force LE 480GB SSD | Windows 10 64-Bit | TM Warthog with FSSB R3 Lighting Base | VKB Gunfighter Pro + MCG | TM MFD's | Oculus Rift S | Jetseat FSE

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

You're not the only one using those keys. I use them too, and the cool thing is you only have to do it once. After that, its just a matter of getting into a comfortable position, and then hitting the VR recenter button. :D

EVGA Z690 Classified, Intel i9 12900KS Alder Lake processor, MSI MAG Core Liquid 360R V2 AIO Liquid CPU Cooler, G.SKILL Trident Z5 RGB Series 64GB DDR5 6400 memory, EVGA RTX3090 FTW3 Ultra 24GB video card, Samsung 980PRO 1TB M2.2280 SSD for Windows 10 64-bit OS, Samsung 980PRO 2TB M2.2280 SSD for program files, LG WH14NS40 Blu-Ray burner. HOTAS Warthog, Saitek Pedals, HP Reverb G2. Partridge and pear tree pending. :pilotfly:

I just adjust the seat height, no need to move the head and snap the view. View is where it should be when you hit re-center, it's just the height.

Not in the A-10 it isn't — the default position still puts your head way farther forward than it should be, as if you're hunched over to see more out of the HUD (which is also historically the explanation for why it's set up that way).

❧ ❧ Inside you are two wolves. One cannot land; the other shoots friendlies. You are a Goon. ❧ ❧

• 3 weeks later...

So is there a verdict on this ?

There is no way you can see the top and bottom of the hud at the same time, even if you adjust the seat hight, there is always something out of view

I think the new head position (default) is better, but they didn't adjust the hud for it

I've adjusted to the same position in the past (pre-update) and would get the same result with the hud.

'Shadow'

Everybody gotta be offended and take it personally now-a-days

So is there a verdict on this ?

There is no way you can see the top and bottom of the hud at the same time, even if you adjust the seat hight, there is always something out of view

I think the new head position (default) is better, but they didn't adjust the hud for it

I've adjusted to the same position in the past (pre-update) and would get the same result with the hud.

I too have the same issues with being able see all of the the HUD. So, I talked to a buddy of mine who is a retired A-10 driver / Weapons School grad, etc. He said he would adjust his seat height such that his eyes were level with the top of the glass rather than try to have his eyes center of the glass. He said it was not abby normal to not see some of the HUD symbology at the top of the HUD, but that it was still fine to fly this way. He said that other guys would have their eyes level with the top 1/3 of the HUD just below the top edge of the glass.

I think the main issue is the default DCS seat setting puts you too close to the HUD. I'm going to experiment with getting the VR position further back in the seat to see if that helps bring the rest of the HUD into the FOV.