Bad VR performance

Wolf8312

Performance in VR is bad and stuttery. I can actually see steam VR frames blinking red when turning the AC, which does not happen with other modules which are performing very well.

Another thing is that with ASW/MS this module suffers from prop artifacts in a way that most of the other modules do not.

I really hope the devs will look to improve upon this (ASW prop artifacts) and not move in the same direction (that is to say nowhere) as the spirtfire developers, who seem to be fine with leaving it as it is.

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

So, glossing over the fact that we are ALL aware that the devs are busting their rears on VR performance and is clearly something they're dedicated a lot of time to.....

What settings are you running?

Which map are you struggling with? For example I have extremely good performance on the Caucasus but a bit of a rough time in the PG.

Is it only that aircraft?

If, you feel the need to post concerns that is totally cool. However, provide more information. Run tests with settings, maps, and different AC so the dev's can make use of that information. NineLine I know tests a lot of these that we post.

Good Luck!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

http://www.Vcw13.com

Asus Z270 Prime-A | i7-7700k | 32G Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3200 | EVGA RTX 2080ti | 2x 960 EVO M.2 in RAID 0 | 500GB SSD | Thrustmaster Warthog | Pimax 5K Plus

https://www.youtube.com/c/OverKillSims

I was talking specifically about the Anton. I know its probably just an optimization thing that will be fixed in time and mainly wanted to draw attention to the problem of the propeller in VR when combined with motion smoothing.

All other modules (DCS) are fine and performance is pretty good. But the Anton for some reason is not so great.

My settings are 4 MSSA PD 1.1, but like I said its not a problem with DCS as I am happy with performance. With the Anton though I am probably going to wait for more optimization as the horizon stutters whenever I turn.

------------

3080Ti, i5- 13600k 32GB  VIVE index, VKB peddals, HOTAS VPC MONGOOSE, WARTHOG throttle, BKicker,

• 3 weeks later...

I dont see worse performance in anton, but im running a 2080ti.

I also have to turn off motion smoothing to get rid of the artifacts. The image is manipulated outside of the dcs engine, they dont have control over it other than implementing some workarounds. SteamVR should rather work on a solution. :)

Edited by OG84

Favorite module: F16C 💥
Currently learning F15E 👨‍🏫
13900k - RTX 4090 - 64GB DDR5 - Varjo Aero - TM Warthog Hotas - Pedals