[REPORTED] Gunsight too opaque

LeCuvier

I know there will be tons of people stating that the gunsight opacity is realistic; but in real life the pilots were operating in real daylight and not looking at a PC monitor with very limited luminosity.

Anyway, fact is I can hardly see trucks even when I'm in firing distance and I have to strain my old eyes more than is good for me.

Maybe you could introduce a tick box under "Special" to select "Gunsight reduced opacity".

On some aircraft I've been able to fix this myself; but in the Anton I cannot even find the object in the .dds files.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 2 weeks later...

it's the glass that's too opaque (undurchsichtig). The crosshair brightness I can adjust; but that does not make the glass more or less opaque.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

I know there will be tons of people stating that the gunsight opacity is realistic; but in real life the pilots were operating in real daylight and not looking at a PC monitor with very limited luminosity.

Anyway, fact is I can hardly see trucks even when I'm in firing distance and I have to strain my old eyes more than is good for me.

Maybe you could introduce a tick box under "Special" to select "Gunsight reduced opacity".

On some aircraft I've been able to fix this myself; but in the Anton I cannot even find the object in the .dds files.

Exactly, the real light is what make the things different...

At the moment the visibility inside the Revi is poor...after a single hit with the sparks and smoke it became pratically inexistent....

So pls reduce a bit the opacity...try to fight with the Anton now and see what we (don't) see now.

Thx

• 4 weeks later...
Indeed, I wonder where did they get the idea that clear glass was tinned as in A8... even more why such difference when they have exactly the same revi16b in 109k correctly tinless :/

Absolutely agree with the green tint. It's wrong and i can't see crap out of it. The armored glass for the FW-190 was made by CARL ZEISS and it was clear glass, not green. The revi 16 may have had a very slight tint, buty not the windscreen. that one was just clear, high quality glass.

I have a bunch of DCS planes, (i think I'm missing five), and from the ones i have, I think the FW-190 A8 is the worst model in DCS so far. :cry:

modeling the plane after photos of some wreck, in a dark museum, with poor artificial lighting, will give the modelers the wrong image of the plane.

NZXT-Phantom820; Gigabyte Aorus x570 Master:Ryzen 3950x Corsair H150i;AORUS GTX 1080 Ti 11G; 32GB(2x16)G.Skill Trident Z Neo 3600MHz(16-16-16-36); Aorus PCIe Gen4 m.2 NMVe 2TB SSD;Samsung EvoPlusM.2NMVe 1TB SSD;Crucial M4 128GB SSD+Crucial M4 256GB SSD: Coolermaster 1200W psu; CH Fighterstick+CH Pro pedals+Saitek X45

Win10 64bit

Absolutely agree with the green tint. It's wrong and i can't see crap out of it. The armored glass for the FW-190 was made by CARL ZEISS and it was clear glass, not green. The revi 16 may have had a very slight tint, buty not the windscreen. that one was just clear, high quality glass.

I have a bunch of DCS planes, (i think I'm missing five), and from the ones i have, I think the FW-190 A8 is the worst model in DCS so far. :cry:

modeling the plane after photos of some wreck, in a dark museum, with poor artificial lighting, will give the modelers the wrong image of the plane.

This thread is about the gun sight opacity - not the windscreen tint.

The gun sight has been fixed in this week-end's update.

So maybe you should open a new thread for the wind screen tint.

LeCuvier